• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Meeting Attendance: Tips for Getting More RSVPs from Your Team

In summary, Jennie loves yoga, pilates, and Tae Bo; but her favorite workout is the Turbo Jam series with kickboxing and cardio music. She used to do the workouts when they were a tape version, but has not done them in a while. Jennie has trouble getting RSVPs for her monthly team meeting, and wishes she could do it more than once a month.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Meeting attendance...it really drives me batty that I can't get RSVPs from more than 1/2 of my team when it comes to our monthly meetings. We ALWAYS hold them on the 2ns Monday of every month. We set the schedule up a YEAR in advance and give out the year's calender each month. So...can't people put it on their calenders??? Why can't they CALL ME BACK when I call them the week of the meeting to find out if they're coming?? How can I get more of them to come??:confused:

Maybe have those who do come take a couple names and numbers and call them after the meeting gushing about what they missed...especially if it is something they could only get at the meeting - piggy bank challenge comes to mind.

That's hard. I tell new consultants that we only meet once a month and it's important that they come - they all come to a few meetings at least. Those that are more serious are here every time and those that aren't stop coming.

I have the problem that I want to be fair to all my consultants and there are several that live WAY too far away to attend so I haven't offered things to only attenders.

It's really hard to get them to come... we can't make them! I use e-vite and send it out 2 weeks prior. They get a reminder 1 week prior and another one 1 day prior. They know that if they don't RSVP, they don't get recognition. I give my team roses and paper ribbons and have explained that I don't spend the time on it if they aren't coming. The other thing I do, and they know this yet have a difficult time listening to me (UGH!) is that I DO NOT answer my phone on meeting day. I announce this EVERY month, yet have 2-3 call every month to RSVP or for something else. I do not answer it and will call them back the next day. I tell them I check the e-vite frequently throughout the day of the meeting and to make any adjustments there. Do they? Not always. And I have one that calls me every month asking me what the day of the meeting is. ALWAYS THE 2ND TUESDAY! ALWAYS!!!!

It can get really frustrating, but what can we do? We can only offer and give the best meeting we can to those who come.

So true! I AM going to start giving flowers to top consultants AT the meeting! THANKS FOR SHARING THAT!! Hopefully that will help. I actually do usually get great attendance considering... but it would be great to get that boost!

Off to email the team that there will be something new at the meetings...

Thanks for the idea of Evite.com. I read it and immediately sent out my invite for next Tuesday's meeting.

I just hope I don't have so many saying no that others will be deterred!:blushing:

The other thing that was happening was that I was getting, "I can't make it... can you just e-mail me the info?" NO! I totally stopped doing that. Attending the meeting and getting the info is a priviledge of attendance. The day after the meeting, I send an e-mail out thanking those who came and talk up what a great meeting it was and how much everyone learned. No details though and if they ask, I tell them they really need to be at the meeting to get it.

For meetings I will send out an e-mail reminder the week before and then 2 days before, I email and list who I have heard a definate yes or no from. And remind them that I want to make sure I have enough hand outs and food. Even if they give me a maybe, I will list maybe's.

For Cook and Look or Cook and Book I tell them that if they have not RSVP'd then don't just show up because if I hear from no one, the event will not happen and I am not going to try and call everyone to let them know. They have until the night before because I pack my van before work the day of the Cook and whatevers...and if I have heard nothing...I don't pack.

Usually we go by the 20/80 rule...20 percent of the people will do 80 percent of the work. And so goes attendance! And those that attend are usually the ones that are doing better!:money:

I have been using evites for a long time. One of the things I like about it is that I can tell who has read the evite. If I know there is someone that usually RSVPs and I they haven't even read it, then I will give them a call. I normally do not call and remind seasoned consultants. They know our meetings are always on the 2nd Tuesday, and they get the evite. I will call and personally invite new people or potential recruits.

I posted somewhere else that I have be giving consultants segements of the meeting to present. That seems to be helping too. My meetings are much more structured and stay on track better now too. I have an agenda planned ahead and try to stick to it.

ShanaSmith said:
I have been using evites for a long time. One of the things I like about it is that I can tell who has read the evite. If I know there is someone that usually RSVPs and I they haven't even read it, then I will give them a call. I normally do not call and remind seasoned consultants. They know our meetings are always on the 2nd Tuesday, and they get the evite. I will call and personally invite new people or potential recruits.

I posted somewhere else that I have be giving consultants segements of the meeting to present. That seems to be helping too. My meetings are much more structured and stay on track better now too. I have an agenda planned ahead and try to stick to it.

I agree. When you give them ownership they are more likely to be there.

Ironically, when I've given them segments to do, they've all bailed on me the day of the meeting. Either they cancel, don't show up, or come totally unprepared. SOOOO Frustrating!

This has happened to me too. Some people are so dependable and others not. When I do assign something to one of my not so dependables I always make sure I can cover easily for them. I still like to assign the not so's something every once in awhile- its fairer and sometimes they come thru.

In May my director was in Atlantis during the regularly scheduled meeting. She asked me to coordinate with a couple other directors (she is pretty high up) and do the meeting. 5 people came out of a normal 25. She tried to keep it under wraps that she would be gone, but I CANNOT believe people wouldn't come just because she wasn't there! I do know that about 3 of the regulars were also in Atlantis. She was so upset for me!!! However, there were two brand new consultants who were able to ask a lot of questions and not go away with the deer in headlights look!

I get so flippin' frustrated about attendance. I send out an email the week of to remind them (it's the 3rd Sunday every month -- thinking about changing to Tuesdays), then I CALL everyone on Fri night/Saturday.

TONIGHT - on my way home from a show I called one gal. She said that she didn't think she'd be able to come (she's only been to 1 since she signed in March -- hasn't qualified either, anyone surprised?) b/c she has a baby shower at 2 and then has to paint her new house's kitchen b/c they are hanging cabinets on Monday. But she's been meaning to call b/c she wants advice on how to get her business going, she quit her regular job and her husband's bugging her about money....... she wants tips on how to get bookings. So I say, well, at the meeting I'll be doing my show which will include a booking binder to do at shows....... and you really should try to come to the meetings because we have a lot of info that would help, etc.

I wanted to say don't go to the flippin' baby shower, paint your house then and then come to the meeting. I did say if she wanted her business to work that she needed to try to attend meetings and become committed, get on the phone, etc. I'm tired of trying to "not make them mad" to stay in the business, but COME ON!!!

Sorry, had to vent, better than literally banging my head against the wall, which would be next.

On a good note - thanks for the reminder on e-vites, I've heard of it, hadn't done it yet - so I JUST DID IT!!!!! Hopefully that will help!

And I think we'll have 4 guests at our meeting - 3 are mine, but WOO HOO!!! Hopefully it'll be a signing party at the end!

Have a great weekend!

I love YOGA! Wish I could do it with this particular instructor everday-she rules!

I also do pilates and a group class called 24set (cardio combined with free weights) class and walk through out the week to mix it up a bit.

what do you do?

I vary between walking, running, aerobics, pilates and Tae Bo, but Tae Bo with the resistance bands is by far my favorite.

I really like the Firm

jennie4pc said:
I really like the Firm

I used to do those workouts- when they were a tape version so it's been awhile!:eek:

DianeVill said:
I vary between walking, running, aerobics, pilates and Tae Bo, but Tae Bo with the resistance bands is by far my favorite.

I also did Tae Bo when it first came out but I find that I can't do home workouts, not motivated enough so I have to get out and go to the gym or out in the fresh air to walk:rolleyes:.

I just started running....it sucks but I feel great after.
Oh and I run in the woods so no one can see all the "moving" parts! LOL!!

I have been a competitive swimmer since I was five. I swam all through high school and for college. I started working 7p-7a and all my workouts ceased to exist.

Hiking on a tropical island- key words being TROPICAL ISLAND!

Let's see...I lift myself out of bed.
I stretch while washing my long hair in the shower.
I run around trying to get two little kids dressed, bags packed, lunches made.
I carry everything out the door and load the van.
I run around trying to get them to the sitter, school.
I walk a lot at work.
I type a lot during the day.
I chase around getting groceries, picking up kids, taking them to activities.
I run around trying to get dinner done, books read, baths done, etc.
Then my cool down is plopping in a chair to watch the evening news or something...I REALLY need to get back to something good for me like swimming, but I can't seem to fit it in!

LBswimmer said:
I have been a competitive swimmer since I was five. I swam all through high school and for college. I started working 7p-7a and all my workouts ceased to exist.

I swam in HS, college didn't have a team...what stroke(s)?

I love The Firm, but its been a long time... I need to haul out the tapes and get to it. THank you for mentioning those Jennie.

I started the "Turbo Jam" workout series and LOVE it!! It's kickboxing and cardio to groovy music. Very fun!!

I love TaeBo and Pilates (particularly Denise Austin and Mari Winsor)

my routine is very similar to Janets except I don't have to help my kids much anymore.
I do alot of walking between the sales at the mall,
arm exercises opening fridge and checking emails
waist bends picking up laundry off the floor
leg lifts up onto the couch to snuggle into my blanket and read

I like low impact bc with my physical limitations that is the one that works best for me!

I admit it... I miss yoga... I know I could do it at home but having a trained yogini is so much better! At an old company I used to work for it was a company perk to have a yogini come in once a week and workout with whomever showed up. So if no one else was there you got one-on-one treatment which was awesome! She could work on areas needed and customize it for you. I miss her.. she was a great teacher! Wonderful energy about her. I'll admit I think a good sun salutation can really warm up the body in the morning... I should do it more often.

1. How can I get more RSVPs for my team's monthly meetings?

One possible solution is to send out reminder emails or messages a few days before the meeting. This can serve as a gentle reminder for team members to RSVP and also allow them to address any schedule conflicts that may have come up.

2. Why can't my team members put the meeting on their calendars in advance?

It is possible that some team members may have difficulty remembering or prioritizing meetings that are scheduled far in advance. To combat this, consider sending out the meeting schedule along with reminders for each individual meeting.

3. What can I do if team members do not respond to my calls for RSVPs?

If team members are not responding to your calls, try reaching out through other communication channels such as email or in-person conversations. Additionally, consider setting a deadline for RSVPs to ensure timely responses.

4. How can I encourage team members to attend the meetings?

One way to encourage attendance is by emphasizing the importance and value of the meetings. Highlight the agenda and any important topics that will be discussed, and explain how attendance contributes to the success of the team and the organization as a whole.

5. Is there a way to make RSVPs easier for team members?

Consider using an online RSVP system or a scheduling app that allows team members to easily RSVP and keep track of meeting dates. This can also help with sending out reminders and tracking responses. Additionally, make sure the meeting time and location are convenient for the majority of team members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies