• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Buzz at the Farmers Market - Tips and Tricks!

In summary, Danielle found success at a local farmers market by selling items like seasonings, citrus peelers, and mini serving spatulas. She recommends using catalogs to advertise your booth, and also recommends branching out into different sales.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
So I have been working hard to find something consistent to build my business. I found a local farmers market which I am able to get into and am really excited about it. What I want to know is what would you do to build excitement week after week. Obviously I will have people who are there week after week and I want to be able to make them want to come to my tent and become customers.

I am going to do some small cash and carry and because it is a farmers market I thought the spices would be easy and appropriate. Plus no tax so that is an great thing. What I am not sure is that I can have electric so do I want to make some kind of food item in the future and if so what do I do for WOW factor that will be something easy that will make people want to come to the booth. Any help you have would be appreciated I am pretty excited and hopeful that this will be the boost I need to propel my business upwards. :chef:

You'll want to be careful about making food for the customers. Codes vary from state to state, but you might need a license to distribute food in a public place. One thing you could do to keep things fresh is to display a different interesting item each week--DCB, Mandoline, etc. They could be conversation starters.

I would HIGHLY recommend KICKBUTTBOOTHS where this lady trains you on how to effectively sell at a booth and get tons of bookings...its not cheap, but i felt it was worth every penny since i dont really know what i'm doing!!

Re: Farmers Market- UpdateSo I have done this three weeks and tomorrow will be week number 4( its been a month)

I have at least made my entrance fee. Gotten at least one sale each week. Sold a couple of the spices that I had pre-bought.

Today I got a call from someone I met and she wants to order a couple of knives, and her daughter wants a couple of things and one of the ladies she cleans the house for also wants something( maybe this will be a show.) SO I guess it is starting to pay off.

I am begining to feel like I am starting to develop a realtionship with the people there. I have people who see me and come up. So that is a good thing.

Oh Bill, I have been doing Farmer's Market booths in FL for over a year now. Let me say from my experience that it will be trial and error. You will find that during "season", you will have the snowbirds who will only want your cash and carry and then you'll have the year-round locals that you can get to order and book shows.

Relationships and planting seeds is key to a booth. You want to interact by asking them questions and find out their knowledge of TPC and take it from there. Ask questions like "What tool in your kitchen would you like to replace?" "What is your favorite TPC item?" "Have you been to a cooking show lately?" The cash and carry items that sell the best for me are the seasonings, mini-serving spatulas and citrus peelers.

If you have any more questions you can PM me.

Bill - I hope everything is going well with your booth! Did you get a show out of it yet?

Danielle - I have my first Farmers Market coming up this month. Its in smaller town just outside of the city where I live. What types of catalogs do you use at your booth? I was thinking of having the mini ones and then a stack of the older ones with a sticker and then having a few new ones for people that plan to order.

Thanks!

Re: Farmers Market UpdateI got a show the first week from one of the other vendors. And I do get enough sales every two weeks to have an catalog show. So I think so far I am happy with my results. I mean I have added around 400 dollars a month to my sales so I can not complain and it has been pretty consistent.

I am still working to branch out a bit on the sales. I have an business I am going to pamper. And that came from one of the markets. I am working to get a tri-board done so that will drive booking interest a bit more.

An advanced director suggested and I am thinking of trying this, when someone ask for a catalog advising that I do not have them with me and I will mail them one. Provide them a drawing slip and they can fill it out. She said that in turn will get them to provide informating and might even provide something like interest in the business or a show.

So I am plugging a way and I doing well with it. I am happy with the results. Still not up to the consistent 6 shows a month but I am working hard to get there. It will come.

1. How can I attract customers to my booth at the farmers market?

One way to create a buzz at the farmers market is to offer free samples of your products. This will entice customers to stop by your booth and try your items. You can also try offering special deals or discounts, having eye-catching signage, or hosting a cooking demonstration or workshop.

2. What types of products or displays are most successful at farmers markets?

Fresh, locally grown produce and homemade goods tend to do well at farmers markets. Additionally, having visually appealing displays and packaging can attract customers. Offering a variety of products, including seasonal items, can also help increase sales.

3. How can I stand out amongst other vendors at the farmers market?

One way to stand out is to have a unique and creative booth setup. You can also try adding interactive elements, such as a photo booth or game, to engage with customers. Additionally, having a strong online presence and promoting your booth on social media can help attract new customers.

4. How should I price my products at the farmers market?

It's important to consider the cost of ingredients, labor, and packaging when pricing your products. You should also research the prices of similar items at other vendors to ensure your prices are competitive. Offering bundle deals or discounts for buying in bulk can also entice customers to purchase more.

5. How can I increase sales and keep customers coming back to my booth?

Building relationships with customers is crucial for repeat business. Offering excellent customer service, providing product information and recommendations, and thanking customers for their purchase can help create a positive experience. Additionally, offering loyalty programs or free samples for returning customers can encourage them to come back to your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • jj16