• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grocery Shopping for Family Style Calzone: Hot Roll Mix Substitute?

I will definitely have to remember this!!! I love garlic, thanks for posting!You're so welcome! I just wish I'd seen this thread sooner....oh well, at least you know now!! lol
kaceyleigh2
I'm making a list of ingredients I need at the grocery store for the Family Style Calzone in the Celebrate cookbook. I don't have the Pantry Piza Crust so it says to substitute with a 16 oz. pkg of a hot roll mix? What exactly is this? Thanks in Advance!

I would think you could use the Pillsbury Refrig Pizza Crust. I have never made it so I am not sure.

Hot Roll Mix is a boxed mix for yeast rolls that you can get in the baking mix aisle. Pillsbury makes one.

Thanks!!:D

Sounds yummy let me know how it turns out!

Carissidy said:
Sounds yummy let me know how it turns out!

Do you want to come over for dinner that night? Bring the 'Hot Roll Mix' LOL!;)

LOL I am right on it!! ;)

I don't know how well you cook...:yuck: I am so just kidding! I love you kacey!:D

Carissidy said:
I don't know how well you cook...:yuck: I am so just kidding! I love you kacey!:D

Ya right! You know Thomas will be doing the cooking LOL! And I love you too ;)

kaceyleigh2 said:
Ya right! You know Thomas will be doing the cooking LOL! And I love you too ;)
Okay this is pretty sad... do you think we could call each other? No... because we don't want to leave CS!:D Oh and how weird is that? I think we just highjacked your own thread!:rolleyes:

Carissidy said:
Okay this is pretty sad... do you think we could call each other? No... because we don't want to leave Chef Success!:D Oh and how weird is that? I think we just highjacked your own thread!:rolleyes:

I'll put you on speakerphone :D

I've been wanting to try the Calzone, so let me know how it comes out too okay?

go ahead i dare you put me on speaker phone!:yuck:

OOO....I LOVE this recipe!! One little hint though...add a clove of garlic to the ricotta cheese layer!! YUM!!

(In fact, I still can't believe the recipe doesn't call for it!!)

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
OOO....I LOVE this recipe!! One little hint though...add a clove of garlic to the ricotta cheese layer!! YUM!!

(In fact, I still can't believe the recipe doesn't call for it!!)

Paula
I will definitely have to remember this!!! I love garlic, thanks for posting!

You're so welcome! I just wish I'd seen this thread sooner....oh well, at least you know now!! lol

Paula

1. What can I use as a substitute for hot roll mix in a family style calzone?

There are a few options you can use as a substitute for hot roll mix in a family style calzone. One option is to use pre-made pizza dough, which can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. Another option is to make your own dough using a combination of flour, yeast, salt, and water.

2. Can I use a gluten-free alternative for the hot roll mix?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free alternative for the hot roll mix in your family style calzone. There are many gluten-free dough mixes and recipes available that can be used as a substitute. Just be sure to follow the instructions and measurements carefully to ensure the best results.

3. How do I make sure the dough is the right consistency for a calzone?

The key to achieving the right consistency for your calzone dough is to make sure it is elastic and easy to stretch. If the dough is too dry, you can add a little bit of olive oil or water to help it become more pliable. If the dough is too wet, you can add a little bit of flour to help it hold its shape.

4. Can I make the dough ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough for your family style calzone ahead of time. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap before placing it in the refrigerator. The dough can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours before using.

5. Can I freeze the calzone dough?

Yes, you can freeze the calzone dough for later use. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. The dough can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight before using it in your family style calzone recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • kcmckay