• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher

In summary, the hardest product to clean is the FSQSP because the "sludge" from the tea makes the fins all slimy and gross. If you do not scrub each individual fin with a toothbrush, you can't get it clean enough. You can try adding a palm-ful of rice and a bit of lemon juice when you wash it, or filling the pitcher with warm water and adding about 2 tablespoons of bleach every 6 months.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
In the "hardest product to clean" post, I mentioned the FSQSP...I make iced tea in it almost daily, and the "sludge" from the tea makes the fins all slimy and gross. Unless I scrub each individual fin with a toothbrush, I can't get it clean enough. I won't put it in my dishwasher, cuz even though it's supposed to be DW safe, I have melted too many of them that way. (Yes, I only washed it on the top rack...my DW water must get way too hot.)

Any tips?

Have you tried adding a palm-ful of rice and a bit of lemon juice when you wash it? The lemon juice cuts the slime and the rice scrubs things gently.

Hmmm...never would have thought of that! I will certainly give it a try!

About every 6 months I fill the pitcher with warm water and add about 2 tablespoons of bleach. This helps remove some of the tea stains.

I also don't put mine in the dishwasher. I like the rice and lemon juice idea so I will have to try that too.

I have a customer returning hers because it got moldly. ICK! So I don't think you are alone in this.I barely use mine so I have no tips.

I thought it was the splenda I would use in mine that made a nasty white film on the blades. I actually stopped using splenda because I thought "If that coating is on the pitcher, what is it doing to MY insides." It did usually wipe clean with hot soapy water. Of course, we are kool-aid drinkers, I won't make tea in it, I have a cheap glass pitcher I use for tea for hubbie. But he stopped drinking tea when he found information about splenda and water retention. Since we stopped using splenda, we both have lost 6 pounds, without changing anything else.

I use mine for tea about every other day. We are BIG sweet tea drinkers. I have melted the plunger on my new quick stir pitcher where is wouldn't plunge right so now I use the old style and it has been fine in my dish washer (top rack). My mom told me once to clean tea stains or coffee stains to fill the item or the sink with warm water and pour in a little bit of powder dish washer soap. It bubbles and makes everything sparkling clean. I do that about once a month just for good measure.

I put some water in my sink and add a little bleach. I let the FSQSP soak for a few minutes, then wash it. It looks like brand new. I really like Rae's idea with the rice and lemon juice. That is definitely something I will try.

What is the capacity of the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher?

The Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher has a capacity of 2.25 quarts, making it perfect for large families or gatherings.

Is the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.

Can I use the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher for hot beverages?

No, the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher is not recommended for use with hot beverages. It is designed for cold liquids only.

Does the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher come with a lid?

Yes, the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher comes with a convenient lid for easy storage and transport.

What is the purpose of the built-in stirrer in the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher?

The built-in stirrer in the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher helps to evenly mix and blend ingredients, making it perfect for making drinks, dressings, marinades, and more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RCKmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • DeeDee616
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • MrsCaleb