• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making a delicious baked burrito for your family yet?

In summary, the conversation is about a delicious baked burrito recipe that is easy to make and versatile. It can be made with different types of meat and has a flavorful seasoning mix. The recipe includes instructions for making a homemade avocado lime sauce to go with it. It has been recommended by multiple people and is a great option for a Mexican-themed meal.
Sooner PC
I made this for the first time on Friday night and it was AWESOME. It was easy and really good. I would recommend that everyone try this one out.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

I've made this at home and at several shows! I've made it with steak, chicken and ground beef! It is SO GOOD however it is made!

I made it over the christmas holiday for my mother who was visiting from Ga. she loved it and i am making it tomorow night for my group that i sing with..they are all PC fanatics to so they always want something PC. i am sooooo tired of touchdown taco dip....lol

Could someone list here the recipe for the family sized baked burrito? I am thinking of doing one of my first shows with a Mexican theme.

Family Size Baked Burrito
The Pampered Chef ®
2005 F/W Season's Best

2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 lime
3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
4 burrito-size flour tortillas (11-11 1/2 inches)
1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
Assorted toppings such as shredded lettuce, sliced pitted ripe olives, snipped fresh cilantro and Avocado Lime Sauce (see below, optional)

Preheat oven to 425°F. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade, thinly slice tomatoes; set aside. Dice chicken using Chef's Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Juice lime half into Classic Batter Bowl using Citrus Press. Add chicken, onion, salsa, seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Microwave chicken mixture 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally using Mix 'N Scraper®. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.

Arrange tortillas in an overlapping circular pattern on Large Round Stone, covering entire surface of baking stone. (Tortillas will extend off edge of baking stone by 5 inches). Starting in center, spread dip over tortillas using Large Spreader, forming a 10 x 10-inch square. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over bean dip. Fold edges of tortillas up over chicken mixture in an envelope pattern.

Arrange 16 tomato slices in rows over top of burrito. Sprinkle remaining cheese over burrito, covering completely. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned. Cut into rectangles using
Utility Knife; serve with assorted toppings and Avocado Lime Sauce, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 24 g, Sodium 840 mg, Fiber 1g

Cook's Tip: To make Avocado Lime Sauce, mash 1 ripe avocado in Classic Batter Bowl using Nylon Masher. Stir in 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over burrito.

Nutrients per serving (2 tablespoons sauce): Calories 50, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber 1 g

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Family Size Baked Burrito
The Pampered Chef ®
2005 F/W Season’s Best

2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 lime
3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
4 burrito-size flour tortillas (11-11 1/2 inches)
1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
Assorted toppings such as shredded lettuce, sliced pitted ripe olives, snipped fresh cilantro and Avocado Lime Sauce (see below, optional)

Preheat oven to 425°F. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade, thinly slice tomatoes; set aside. Dice chicken using Chef's Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Juice lime half into Classic Batter Bowl using Citrus Press. Add chicken, onion, salsa, seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Microwave chicken mixture 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.

Arrange tortillas in an overlapping circular pattern on Large Round Stone, covering entire surface of baking stone. (Tortillas will extend off edge of baking stone by 5 inches). Starting in center, spread dip over tortillas using Large Spreader, forming a 10 x 10-inch square. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over bean dip. Fold edges of tortillas up over chicken mixture in an envelope pattern.

Arrange 16 tomato slices in rows over top of burrito. Sprinkle remaining cheese over burrito, covering completely. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned. Cut into rectangles using
Utility Knife; serve with assorted toppings and Avocado Lime Sauce, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 24 g, Sodium 840 mg, Fiber 1g

Cook's Tip: To make Avocado Lime Sauce, mash 1 ripe avocado in Classic Batter Bowl using Nylon Masher. Stir in 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over burrito.

Nutrients per serving (2 tablespoons sauce): Calories 50, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber 1 g

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Burrito - Southwest Seasoning?Hi,
I am trying the family size burrito this weekend for a Who Murdered Pam Perchef party and don't have the southwest seasoning as I am a new consultant. What can I substitute in its place?
If you have made this before what exactly does "Fold edges of tortillas up over chicken mixture in an envelope pattern." mean? Is there a hole in the center or will the tortillas fold over top of each other.
Any other tips are greatly appreciated too!

Wendyss said:
Hi,
don't have the southwest seasoning as I am a new consultant. What can I substitute in its place?

Try Taco seasoning mix.

Without pictures, I am often not good at following directions so to fold the tortilla's like an envelope and even the placing the tortilla's on the stone in the right way was hard for me! :rolleyes: However, what I did was I just placed four tortilla's on the round stone almost like a big square. Then I put the ingredients on in the shape of a big square like the recipe says. Then I folded the sides in first so the filling won't fall out and then folded the bottom up over the filling and the top down over that. Basically, it's like folding up a regular burrito but without leaving one edge open.
I hope I haven't completely confused you.
I made this for my family the other night and they loved it! I am making it on Friday night for a show and I can't wait!

thanks...Thanks. I too like pictures like Barbara but her directions helped me understand what it is supposed to look like. I will use taco seasoning mix this time and order some southwest seasoning on my next party.

There are pictures of this recipe in the Fall/Winter '05 Season Best Cookbook showing how to make it. If you don't have it, e-mail me and I will scan the page that is in the cookbook and e-mail it back to you.

[email protected]

The first time I made it I didn't have any seasoning mix samples, so I asked my recruiter. She was able to provide me with a couple and I replenished her supply once I made a supply order.

tried itJust wanted to let you know that I tried it tonight with my family and it was a hit! I still can't get the tomatoes to slice correctly using the ultimate slice and grate. There were mainly 1/2 size pieces. At my 2nd show I used it with zucchini and wound up slicing my finger when the zucchini wouldn't stay on the prong. I am determined to get this this to work b/c I had heard such good things about it. Until then I may use a knife to slice the tomatoes. I used a southwest seasoning I already had and everything came out yummy.

Wendy are youusing the correct blade for the tomatoes? You need to use the V-shaped blade for tomatoes. They come out really thin that way. The adjustable blade is too thick and can be a bear on tomatoes. Also, I found that if I cut the zuccini (or however you spell it,) in half, not lengthwise, it works much better. The flat end helps guide the veggie and the shorter length helps too.
I do this with carrots, potatoes or anything else that has a rounded end.

I also don't have the Southwest Seasoning....but are you sure that taco seasoning mix will be okay? And do I just use one tablespoon like the recipes asks for or the whole packet?

Taco seasoning will be fine although I'm not sure how much to use. Did you know you can get the Southwest Seasoning and Dill Mix sample packets on the paperwork supply order form?

1. What ingredients are in the Family Size Baked Burrito?

The Family Size Baked Burrito contains ground beef, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and Mexican seasonings. It also comes with a packet of enchilada sauce and shredded cheese for topping.

2. How many servings does the Family Size Baked Burrito make?

The Family Size Baked Burrito serves 6-8 people, making it the perfect meal for a family dinner or gathering with friends.

3. Can the Family Size Baked Burrito be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Family Size Baked Burrito can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Simply cover the baking dish with foil and store for up to 24 hours before baking.

4. Is the Family Size Baked Burrito gluten-free?

Yes, the Family Size Baked Burrito is gluten-free. The tortillas used are made with corn and the enchilada sauce does not contain any gluten ingredients.

5. Can I customize the Family Size Baked Burrito with my own ingredients?

Absolutely! The Family Size Baked Burrito is a versatile meal that can be customized with your favorite ingredients. Try adding in some diced chicken, rice, or different types of beans for a unique twist on this dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
caroladams
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies