• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family Picnic Dish Ideas for a 2-Hour Trip without Electricity

In summary, the Pampered Chef recommends the Potato Green Bean Salad for a yummy and healthy picnic dish.
Lifeat50
I am new to PC. We are attending a Family get-together on Sunday and I want to take a PC dish. We will travel for 2 hours there and there is no electricity at the park. What do you suggest I take?

Do you want to take a dessert, main dish, side dish, appetizer? A good one that travels well would be the Chicken Clubhouse Squares. Or a trifle would be good. Also, the little Brownie Truffles are great and travel well... I guess it depends on what time a recipe you are looking for...

Have you been told to bring a particular type of dish--salad, side dish, entree, dessert?

I can bring anything! They are cooking hamburgers and hot dogs so I thought we would bring a salad and a dessert.

One of the cookie pizzas or a fruit pizza would be good for a dessert. The Apple Cole Slaw is always a favorite for a salad.

Do you have the recipe for the Clubhouse chicken squares or the Little Brownie Truffles?

Here you go... the Truffle Brownie Cups are from Season's Best Spring/Summer 2008 and the Clubhouse Chicken Squares are from All the Best...

The Pampered Chef ®
Truffle Brownie Cups
Recipe

Nonstick cooking spray with flour (see Cook's Tip)
1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
2 tbsp butter (do not substitute margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Assorted garnishes such as orange zest, maraschino cherries, toasted sliced almonds and whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 2/3 cup of the chocolate morsels and butter into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Add sugar and egg to batter bowl; mix until blended using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Add flour; mix just until flour is incorporated. Using two teaspoons, divide batter evenly among wells, filling wells about two-thirds full. Using Mini-Tart Shaper, gently tap batter to create level tops. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. (Do not overbake.)

2. Meanwhile, pour cream into Easy Read Measuring Cup; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot. Pour cream into clean batter bowl with remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth with Stainless Whisk. Place batter bowl into freezer 10-12 minutes or until mixture is cool and starting to thicken, stirring after each 5-minute interval. Spoon ganache into resealable plastic bag.

3. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 2 minutes. Press tops of brownies with Mini-Tart Shaper to make indentations. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove brownies from pan. Trim corner of bag using Utility Knife to allow ganache to flow through. Pipe ganache evenly into brownie cups. Garnish as desired.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 brownie cup): Calories 120, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 10 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: It's best to use a nonstick cooking spray containing flour when baking these brownie cups. In a pinch, brush wells with melted butter, then sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa using the Flour/Sugar Shaker. Tap out excess cocoa.

CLUBHOUSE CHICKEN SQUARES

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 Tbs. Mayonnaise 1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 can (10 oz.) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked 1 tsp. Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
½ small cucumber 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese 6 bacon slices, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Unroll one pkg. of crescent rolls across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining pkg. of dough, filling pan. Using Baker's Roller, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and Dill Seasoning Mix, in Classic Batter Bowl; mix until smooth using Classic Scraper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust using Large Spreader. Sprinkle chicken evenly over filling. Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Remove seeds using The Corer. Thinly slice cucumber using Ultimate Mandoline; cut slices into quarters using Utility Knife. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove seeds using Cook's Corer. Dice tomatoes using Chef's Knife. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and bacon over filling. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

I would suggest the potato green bean salad that's in the mini catalog. Very yummy, no mayo to worry about, and who doesn't love potato salad. Plus, it's a twist on a classic picnic food. Just remember to make sure the potatoes are nice and dry before mixing.

BTW.. I also have a bleu cheese potato salad recipe somewhere that is to die for. That is, if you love bleu cheese like I do.

Um, just for the record, I don't love potato salad. Never have. None of them.

Thanks for the recipes!

1. What are some easy and quick recipe ideas for a family picnic?

Some easy and quick recipe ideas for a family picnic could include sandwiches, salads, fruit skewers, and cold pasta dishes. These can be prepared ahead of time and transported easily, making them perfect for a picnic.

2. How can I make sure my food stays fresh and safe during a picnic?

To ensure food stays fresh and safe during a picnic, be sure to pack perishable items in a cooler with ice packs. Keep the cooler in a shaded area and avoid leaving it in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Also, be sure to pack any utensils and plates separately to avoid cross-contamination.

3. Are there any kid-friendly options for a family picnic?

Absolutely! You can make kid-friendly versions of classic picnic foods, such as mini sandwiches, fruit cups, and fun-shaped snacks. You can also involve the kids in the preparation process by having them make their own trail mix or assemble their own kabobs.

4. What are some creative ideas for outdoor games and activities at a family picnic?

Some creative ideas for outdoor games and activities at a family picnic could include a scavenger hunt, water balloon toss, or a three-legged race. You can also bring along classic games like frisbee, cornhole, or a ball for some friendly competition.

5. Can you recommend any picnic-friendly products from Pampered Chef?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are perfect for a family picnic. Our Chillzanne® Rectangle Server is great for keeping cold dishes chilled, while our Picnic Thermal Tote is perfect for transporting food and drinks. We also have a variety of outdoor cookware and grilling tools for those who want to cook at the picnic spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies