• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Pillsbury Dough Boy, Pop N. Fresh, Really Die?

In summary, the "Fallen Dough Boy" is a popular baking dish from Pampered Chef that is designed to help create perfectly shaped and evenly baked breads, cakes, and other baked goods. It features a unique design with raised ridges and a non-stick surface that allows for air to circulate and heat to evenly distribute for perfect results. The dimensions of the "Fallen Dough Boy" are 9.5 inches in diameter and 1.5 inches in depth, making it suitable for most standard recipes. It is also dishwasher safe for easy clean-up, and can be used for other purposes such as serving dips or making ice cream cakes.
DebPC
Staff member
Subject: Death of a Dough Boy

Date: 1/28/97 10:43 AM

AFTER SPECTACULAR RISE, NOTED DOUGH BOY HAS FALLEN

Veteran Pillsbury spokesman Pop N. Fresh, 71, died Wednesday of a severe yeast infection, complicated by obesity and hot air retention. He was cremated, (of course), and his remains were sealed in a greased loaf pan shaped urn and buried Friday in the Manna Memorial Gardens, near Bakersfield, California. Dozens of celebrities attended his funeral, including his longtime friends, Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker, Little Debbie, Sara Lee, and the Hostess Twinkies. The grave side was piled high with flours as his godmother, Aunt Jemima, delivered the eulogy. With her tears flowing like syrup, she said, "Pop N. never knew he was kneaded, but he always held a warm place in all our hearts. Who else could have spent his whole life naked, with the exception of wearing that cute little baker's hat, and still been so accepted by so many?"

What a Hoot!
Debbie

Cakes: Wow, I can't believe Pop N. Fresh is gone! He was such a beloved icon in the baking world. I remember watching his commercials as a kid and always wanting to poke his belly. It's sad to hear that he suffered from health issues, but at least he can now rest in doughy peace. Rest in peace, Pop N. Fresh. You will be missed.

I am deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Pop N. Fresh, also known as the beloved Dough Boy. He was not only a spokesperson for Pillsbury, but also an icon in the baking world. I remember watching his commercials as a child and being inspired to bake with my family. His cheerful personality and signature giggle will truly be missed.

It is heartwarming to see so many of his friends and colleagues coming together to pay their respects. Aunt Jemima's eulogy was a beautiful tribute to his life and legacy. I can only imagine the amount of love and support that was felt at his funeral.

Pop N. Fresh may have fallen, but his memory will live on through the delicious treats we create using Pillsbury products. He will always hold a special place in our hearts and kitchens. Rest in peace, Dough Boy. You will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,

What is the "Fallen Dough Boy"?

The "Fallen Dough Boy" is a popular baking dish from Pampered Chef that is designed to help create perfectly shaped and evenly baked breads, cakes, and other baked goods.

How does the "Fallen Dough Boy" work?

The "Fallen Dough Boy" features a unique design with raised ridges and a non-stick surface that allows for air to circulate and heat to evenly distribute, resulting in perfectly baked goods every time.

What are the dimensions of the "Fallen Dough Boy"?

The "Fallen Dough Boy" measures 9.5 inches in diameter and 1.5 inches in depth, making it the perfect size for most standard recipes.

Is the "Fallen Dough Boy" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Fallen Dough Boy" is dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher to prevent any potential damage.

Can the "Fallen Dough Boy" be used for anything other than baking?

While the "Fallen Dough Boy" is primarily designed for baking, it can also be used as a serving dish for dips, spreads, and other appetizers. It can also be used as a mold for making homemade ice cream cakes or jello molds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back