• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Fun: Generate Excitement & Increase Attendance!

In summary, Beth is planning on offering a series of themed shows this fall. The first three weeks of the month will be dedicated to "Ice Cream Sundae Bar" and "Back to the Fall" themes, while September will focus on "Early Bird Holiday Shopping Sale" and "What's New...What's Hot" themes. October will be "Retro" month with old classic recipes and discontinued items as prizes, and November will be "Get Ready to Party" month with appetizer tips and easy entertaining ideas. December will be "Last Minute Shopping Spree," "Holiday Bake-a-thon," and "Last Minute Cookie Exchange" months.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
What are you doing this fall to generate excitement and increase attendance?

Here are the theme ideas that I am planning on offering in the next few months.

My themes in the coming months will be:

August - "Ice Cream Sundae Bar" or "Back to the Fall" (you know...Back to the Future). In the latter we will concentrate more on school lunches, dorm needs, soccer treats... things to make it easier to be everywhere with the treats with less fuss and more ahhhhs.

September - "Early Bird Holiday Shopping Sale" and "What's New...What's Hot"

October - "Retro" (I'll use old classic recipes that are not in current cookbooks and give out old discontinued items as door prizes, "Thanksgiving 101" and "Shop From Your Seat - do all your holiday shopping here".

November - "Get Ready to Party" (appetizer ideas and tips) and "Easy Entertaining - fun parties for the Host too!"

December - "Last Minute Shopping Spree", "Holiday Bake-a-thon", and "Last Minute Cookie Exchange".

Many of the above can easily incorporate the new Celebration Shows!

And since my guests have been arriving later and later I will also offer an on time drawing (with extra tickets for bringing a friend. I set my timer and draw the ticket at the exact time that the invitation says (I do look out the window and let those in the driveway get in the house. This will be a better door prize like the mini-serving spatula or a sample soap or lotion or free shipping or something like that. I will still do a drawing at the end for a Season's Best or Cake Tester (so I can get the drawing slips filled out.

Good ones!

I was also thinking about a "leftovers" show along the lines of a post I read awhile back.

Love all those ideas, Beth! Thanks for inspiring us to change things up!

Hey Beth,
Those are such neat ideas! Do you just show your hosts the theme's and let them choose which one to use? Do they have to use one of the themes? I have thought about doing my shows kind of the same way- always offering a theme and would love to know how you go about getting hosts into the idea.

janel kelly said:
Hey Beth,
Those are such neat ideas! Do you just show your hosts the theme's and let them choose which one to use? Do they have to use one of the themes? I have thought about doing my shows kind of the same way- always offering a theme and would love to know how you go about getting hosts into the idea.
I talk briefly about some theme possibilities during my demo. Like in September I'll be booking for October and November so I'll talk about the Retro and Entertaining shows. I only say a couple ideas and always add chocolate, bridal and fund-raiser and then at checkout I ask them which theme they liked best or if they have their own idea. In the conversation I ask about the booking and we pick the date they like and if they haven't already decided on the theme I tell them we can decide that on our next call. I love to try new things and new recipes at shows - keeps it fresh for the repeat guests and for me too!

I do not do special invitations (too much postage) but I add a sticker on the PC postcard sometimes. Mostly I get the host to tell her guests about her theme - they are always more excited to hear it from her!

Thanks Beth for sharing! I LOVE those ideas! ;)

:D Thanks Beth for the great ideas! I do have a question though...how would you do the holiday bake-a-thon? Would you just have a few desserts out and demo one or two easy ones? Or have a few volunteers help with a few different recipes? Just wondering, it sounds like fun and was wondering how you or someone else has done it in the past. Thanks again for the great ideas!

Reading about a bake-a-thon themed show got me thinking about Novemeber and Thanksgiving and all. Well, I was wondering if it would be possible to do a show right before Thanksgiving and have guests come help make a few desserts and then they can order like a regular show. Maybe after making the desserts you can take them to a place that provides a Thanksgiving dinner for those less fortunate like the homeless. I'm not sure if they have something like that here in my town as it is a smaller town, but it sounded like a good idea. Has anyone done anything like this or does it not sound like a good idea?

I JUST got an email for another group and they had an idea about a Pampered Mother show. BUT you could do the same idea for what you are thinking.

Here is how it works....
Ask guests to bring a recipe ingredient or disposable container. Together, make the recipes. Have one to eat and the others take to the shelter (or in case of a Pampered Mom show...freeze for the Mom for later).

A Man's Cooking ShowMy husband came up with this one... "A Man's Cooking Show....No Girls Allowed". In November or December, we're going to invite a bunch of guys for a cooking show (probably the chili bowls or other manly food). But with the invitations, a "wish list" will be sent for the wives/girlfriends/significant other to fill out. The guys will get their own special show, buy stuff that they want (so many of them cook and love PC!) and also buy gifts for Christmas from the wish list that was completed!

I'm so excited about it b/c all of my husband's friends are a ton of fun and I think it will be a blast!

maria

Good Idea!
MSmith said:
My husband came up with this one... "A Man's Cooking Show....No Girls Allowed". In November or December, we're going to invite a bunch of guys for a cooking show (probably the chili bowls or other manly food). But with the invitations, a "wish list" will be sent for the wives/girlfriends/significant other to fill out. The guys will get their own special show, buy stuff that they want (so many of them cook and love PC!) and also buy gifts for Christmas from the wish list that was completed!

I'm so excited about it b/c all of my husband's friends are a ton of fun and I think it will be a blast!

maria

That sounds great!!! Let us all know how it goes!! I think I might run that one by my husband as something to ponder!!

Autumn celebration showCloser to Thanksgiving and Christmas I am going to do the Turkey & Cranberry wreath and the Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake.

Leesa

Daft Question
n8vtxn said:
Closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas I am going to do the Turkey & Cranberry wreath and the Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake.

Leesa

This might sound a daft question, but does the Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake use actual pumpkin flesh? I am looking for a recipe to use around Halloween - would this be a good one? I would love the recipe if you could post it.
Thanks,
Yvonne

Pumpkin DipI love this recipe for Fall shows--its a great second recipe! Just use your cook's corer to seed the "pie pumpkin", and make a bowl out of the shell for the dip. Yummy!

2 pkgs 8-oz cream cheese-softened
1 can pumpkin or pumpkin pie mix
1 box powdered sugar-sifted
2 teaspoons ground cinammon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
(or 3 teaspoons of apple pie spice instead of cinammon/ginger)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar
2. add the pumpkin and spices & vanilla
3. mix up and spoon into small pumpkin shells (or a dip dish)

Enjoy this with gingersnaps for dipping

Other Fall Ideas! (mostly Halloween)Here's an older file I found on Halloween type shows/Fall shows. Enjoy!

Attachments

• trickortreat3.doc
    124 KB · Views: 859
  • Halloween.doc
    69.5 KB · Views: 992
turkey cranberry wreathcan someone post this recipe?

Thanks

Turkey Cranberry wreathHere you go!

Turkey Cranberry Wreath
Source: Season's Best Fall/Winter 2000 Recipe Collection - Pampered Chef
2 pkg. (235g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 T. honey Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 C. cooked turkey, chopped
1/2 C. celery, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 C. dried cranberries
4 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded (1cup)
1/4 C. walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 egg, separated
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond of Baking Stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching ends. Seal seams using Dough and Pizza Roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)
Measure mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper into Classic Batter Bowl. Grate cheese into Batter Bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Mix filling using Min 'N Scraper. Using Medium Scoop, scoop filling over seams of dough forming a circle.
Coarsely chop walnuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over filling. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangle, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.
Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. Beat egg white lightly; brush over dough using Pastry Brush. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut and serve using Slice 'N Serve. Yields 10 servings.
Per serving: 363 calories; 17 g protein; 24g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 521 mg sodium

"leftover" ring?Thanks Lauren!!!!

I was hearing some buzz about a "leftover" ring. It had cranberry sauce,turkey,mashed potatoes and stuffing. Has anyone else heard of this? I thought it would be great to promote the product and also how to get rid of you're leftovers.

Pumpkin SpreadThis sounds sooooooooo GOOD !!! Awesome for a fall party!

Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread
1/4 c. pecan halves, coarsely chopped
4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
1 can (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon Plus
1/4 c. miniature marshmallows
2 red or green apples, cut into wedges

Cinnamon Pastry Wedges (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add pumpkin, brown sugar and spice blend; mix well. Spoon mixture into Small Oval Baker using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Top with marshmallows and pecans.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Cut apples into wedges using Crinkle Cutter. Serve warm with apple wedges and Cinnamon Pastry Wedges, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

This IS yummy!! I made it for a Let's Talk Turkey Show a couple of weeks ago! We/I made a turkey in the new roaster, mashed potatoes in the rice cooker and the Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread. I had green and red skinned apple wedges made using the Apple Wedger arranged on the Striped Square. I set her table using the fall runner, mats, napkins and rings. I lifted the Turkey on the Carving Board with the Meat Lifters. It was quite an impressive table. Looked just like Thanksgiving! :D

Lee Anne

MSmith said:
My husband came up with this one... "A Man's Cooking Show....No Girls Allowed". In November or December, we're going to invite a bunch of guys for a cooking show (probably the chili bowls or other manly food). But with the invitations, a "wish list" will be sent for the wives/girlfriends/significant other to fill out. The guys will get their own special show, buy stuff that they want (so many of them cook and love PC!) and also buy gifts for Christmas from the wish list that was completed!

maria

Here's my invitation that we're sending out, hope it helps others who are interested in this idea!

Attachments

• man show invite.pub
    89 KB · Views: 452

What is "Fall Fun" and why should I attend?

Fall Fun is an event hosted by Pampered Chef that is designed to generate excitement and increase attendance. It typically includes seasonal recipes, product demonstrations, and special promotions. Attending Fall Fun is a great way to discover new recipes and products, learn cooking tips and techniques, and connect with other food enthusiasts.

When and where is "Fall Fun" taking place?

The exact date and location of Fall Fun may vary each year, but it typically takes place in the fall season. You can check our website or social media pages for updates and announcements about the event.

Do I need to RSVP for "Fall Fun"?

Yes, we highly encourage you to RSVP for Fall Fun so we can plan accordingly and ensure that we have enough supplies and resources for all attendees. You can RSVP on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Is there a cost to attend "Fall Fun"?

No, attending Fall Fun is completely free! It's our way of showing appreciation to our customers and giving back to our community.

Can I bring a friend or family member to "Fall Fun"?

Absolutely! We encourage you to invite your friends and family to join you at Fall Fun. Just make sure to RSVP for them as well so we can have an accurate headcount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rubian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • Muppetgal