• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Recipes: What to Make for the Season?

In summary, the conversation is about fall recipes, specifically apple-based desserts. The main recipe discussed is Mom's Apple Crisp, which is a quick and easy dish made with apples, yellow cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts. It can be made in the oven or in the microwave. Other recipes mentioned include chicken dishes and a chocolate banana cream trifle. The recipe for Mom's Apple Crisp is available on the Pampered Chef website.
Cape_PC
What is everyone doing as their fall show recipies? I am going to do the carmel apple tarts but what else would be good to showcase for the fall?

I love doing Mom's Apple Crisp. Its done in the micro so its fast and delish!

I'm doing apple crisp in the dcb

can you post the recipe :)

TIA!

annew said:
can you post the recipe :)

TIA!

It's Mom's Apple Crisp, in the All The Best Cookbook...

just do it in the DCB instead of the round baker. If you look in the files section here, it's also posted there too.

this is the apple crisp in the dcb

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

Can you do the Mom's Apple Crisp in the DCB in the Microwave or is it just in the oven?

Jen1409 said:
this is the apple crisp in the dcb

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

MMMM this sounds yummy and I could make this tonight to try it out!:) Does it matter what kind of nuts you use? I know I have walnuts at home and that's all I think I have.

cjwagner said:
Can you do the Mom's Apple Crisp in the DCB in the Microwave or is it just in the oven?

Mom's Apple Crisp (which is NOT the recipe that is posted on this thread) was formulated for the microwave.

It takes 14-15 minutes and you have a WONDERFUL dessert. I've had both kinds of Apple Crisp - the one that is posted, and Mom's...and IMO, Mom's is the best by far.

I'm offering the same 4 recipes all season:
Morracan Chicken Crissonti Melts
South of the Border Meatloaf
Rush Hour chicken fajitas
Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle

I just looked and the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe is available on the PC.com website

MLinAZ said:
I just looked and the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe is available on the PC.com website
Thanks, I'm going with that one.

1. What are some easy and delicious fall recipes to make?

Some popular and simple fall recipes include pumpkin soup, apple crisp, butternut squash risotto, roasted root vegetables, and slow cooker chili.

2. Can you recommend any recipes that use seasonal produce?

Absolutely! Some great fall recipes that use seasonal produce include apple pie, pumpkin bread, roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash soup, and cranberry sauce.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan fall recipes available?

Yes, there are plenty of options for vegetarian and vegan fall recipes. Some examples include lentil and vegetable stew, stuffed acorn squash, sweet potato and black bean chili, and quinoa stuffed bell peppers.

4. What are some crowd-pleasing fall recipes that are great for entertaining?

For entertaining, you can't go wrong with classics like pumpkin pie, apple cider sangria, cranberry and brie bites, savory pumpkin and goat cheese dip, and honey glazed ham.

5. Are there any healthy fall recipes that are also kid-friendly?

Yes, there are many healthy fall recipes that kids will love. Some ideas include sweet potato and turkey chili, apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins, roasted vegetable and quinoa salad, and pumpkin banana bread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDode
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
deanna_g
Replies