• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the North Carolina Fall Launch move from Winston-Salem to Charlotte in 2012?

In summary, the Fall Launch for North Carolina is not in Winston-Salem now. They show it now in Charlotte again. :(.
esavvymom
Staff member
I dont know about the other sites, but I noticed that the Fall Launch for North Carolina is NOT in Winston-Salem now. They showit now in Charlotte again. :(. Pooooo! I was looking forward to not having to do an overnight!!

Anyone else's location change??

I wish mine was closer LOL I have to drive 6 hours to Phoenix, AZ. But it was well worth it! Plus all the shopping at IKEA = AMAZING!!! LOL :)

Thanks Bobbi. I missed that. Hopefully they needed a bigger venue so we can do break out meetings. ...I can hope!

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks Bobbi. I missed that. Hopefully they needed a bigger venue so we can do break out meetings. ...I can hope!
That wouldnt make much sense thouh because the convention center in WS is pretty large. I have been there for homeschool conferences, and there are more people attending that event, and they would have a general session room for all, and then lots of large breakout rooms. Oh well. I am hoping it was a misprint in the CN. :D

I just looked on consultants corner and it shows Charlotte. I'm excited that it moved for us. It's always been in Hartford CT and this one is in Springfield MA which is about an hour closer to Albany. We will probably still do overnight anyway because it's easier and more fun!! :)

awww...poooo. :(
Oh well. We've done it before, and now I know what to expect.

esavvymom said:
awww...poooo. :(
Oh well. We've done it before, and now I know what to expect.

Do you think it will be at the convention center again?

Kansas City was removed from the list altogether. I was really looking forward to a closer location and had been really talking it up with my team :(

BethCooks4U said:
Do you think it will be at the convention center again?

I hope so! That location was very convenient to hotels and food. You dont have to drive to get around.

When can we register for the launch?

Humble Beginnings said:
When can we register for the launch?

Probably sometime mid-to-late June I'd expect. I think they opened registration for Spring Launch in mid-December....so maybe 6 weeks out from the events?

Keep in mind while Spring Launch may have been close to you, it was probably further away for half the consultants and that's why they move them around.
For the first time ever, there will be a launch in Washington - unfortunately, it would still cost me $800 to get a ticket to go there which is more than it's going to cost me to get to Denver in September - guess I'll be missing Fall Launch :(

Looks like my group will once again be traveling to Arlington, TX. We were so looking forward to Memphis...half the drive time. They took a lot of locations off the list. As I scanned through the new list my thought was it looks almost exactly like the Spring list...it stinks that they changed the list. We were already making our travel plans.

I wonder why they took the Kansas City location off? It has been on there since the beginning and that was the one our team was planning on going to. Pampered Chef drives me crazy sometimes.....

frozenchef said:
Keep in mind while Spring Launch may have been close to you, it was probably further away for half the consultants and that's why they move them around.
For the first time ever, there will be a launch in Washington - unfortunately, it would still cost me $800 to get a ticket to go there which is more than it's going to cost me to get to Denver in September - guess I'll be missing Fall Launch :(

This was my thought also. Neither Spring nor Fall Launch is more than 30-45 minutes from me which is shocking to me but for some of the other consultants that were at our Spring Launch they drove 6+ hours. I can see them changing the locations based on trying to balance out everything for their consultants. If that makes sense.

Ours changed from St. Paul, MN to Rochester, MN....about and hour south of St. Paul. Too bad it won't be held in June when I'll be at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester having surgery...lolol

I can understand moving it around to even it out- distance for some one time, then closer for them the next time, etc. But my point was that they had our Spring Launch (for example) in Charlotte in January. And Winston-Salem was listed for Fall Launch. Not a HUGE difference, but now it is back in Charlotte and not Winston-Salem. The venue isn't any larger. Obviously if they couldn't SECURE the venue, that would be an issue.
But it's a good thing I noticed- and so we all could check. Sounds like quite a few changed around.just weird. I'd prefer it came back to Raleigh now and then, but that may be TOO selfish. ;)

frozenchef said:
For the first time ever, there will be a launch in Washington - (

We had a the first Spring launch in Bellevue, WA a couple of years ago.

esavvymom said:
I can understand moving it around to even it out- distance for some one time, then closer for them the next time, etc. But my point was that they had our Spring Launch (for example) in Charlotte in January. And Winston-Salem was listed for Fall Launch. Not a HUGE difference, but now it is back in Charlotte and not Winston-Salem. The venue isn't any larger. Obviously if they couldn't SECURE the venue, that would be an issue.
But it's a good thing I noticed- and so we all could check. Sounds like quite a few changed around.

just weird. I'd prefer it came back to Raleigh now and then, but that may be TOO selfish. ;)

I agree. Charlotte means a hotel for my team. W/S or Raleigh could avoid that expense. Glad you saw that.

When do they post the Hotels?

Rossana said:

I think it was about the time they open registration, or just before. can't remember for sure. And I want to say they opened that up about 6 weeks before the first launch. They opened them around mid-December for last January's first launch, so I would anticipate mid-June.

But depending on your location you are attending, other consultants may be able to give you an idea what location they have used in the past, or where the convention will be. I never book through PC because the cancellation policies are too strict (require weeks notice, vs 24-48 hrs most hotels allow). I go to the hotel directly or find another one close by. (By the way- i found out last trip that if you book directly with the hotel, you can still split the bill with other guests sharing the room. if you book it through Expedia or something, you cannot.)

A little late with a reply in regards to this post; but here is my 2 cents worth. I didn't realize that home office had taken off/changed locations to several; the one that concerned me was Kansas City. I emailed [email protected] and expressed my disappointment. I highly disagree with the changes! The first locations have been posted for several months now and I for one had already made my plans to attend in KC when I saw a facebook post indicating that it had been removed. I think this was a wrong move on home office to give a list of locations and then change them. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Rossana said:

They usually don't post hotels. Best thing to do would be to wait to tell you where they are having it and then look for hotels close by.

prissylovescooking said:
They usually don't post hotels. Best thing to do would be to wait to tell you where they are having it and then look for hotels close by.
Actually they are already posted. Look at your location and it should say where the launch is beig held and lists a hotel that they got us a special price for. I am going to Charlotte and the hotel listed for that venue is the Omni. Of course you don't have to stay at that hotel.

BethCooks4U said:
Actually they are already posted. Look at your location and it should say where the launch is beig held and lists a hotel that they got us a special price for. I am going to Charlotte and the hotel listed for that venue is the Omni. Of course you don't have to stay at that hotel.

I am not seeing this. I want to go to baltimore. Anyone know the location in baltimore/hotel? Thanks

Tracy99 said:
I am not seeing this. I want to go to baltimore. Anyone know the location in baltimore/hotel? Thanks

I was going to give you the "how to find" on CC but you are right, it isn't there. It is however up on the new web. The event in Baltimore is at the Baltimore Convention Center. Here is the hotel info that is up for that location:

Baltimore
Sheraton Inner Harbor
300 South Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-962-8300
For reservations call: 800-325-3535
$145/night, $25 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Holiday Inn - Inner Harbor
301 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-685-3500
For reservations call: 410-685-3500
$119/night, $23 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Thank you. We are making a family trip of it. The husband is going to entertain the kids while I am at launch. Now I can google some activities near by. Hoping the aquarium is close

Tracy99 said:
Hoping the aquarium is close

The aquarium is very nearby. It has tiers of admission so check it out online ahead of time. Your kids might like the MD Science Center, too.

Becca,
The Inner Harbor is tons of fun! I went last summer with my husband and kids and we had a blast. The kids very never complaining

pcchefmom said:
A little late with a reply in regards to this post; but here is my 2 cents worth. I didn't realize that home office had taken off/changed locations to several; the one that concerned me was Kansas City. I emailed [email protected] and expressed my disappointment. I highly disagree with the changes! The first locations have been posted for several months now and I for one had already made my plans to attend in KC when I saw a facebook post indicating that it had been removed. I think this was a wrong move on home office to give a list of locations and then change them. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Since they made some changes, it would have been nice if they would have sent out an e-mail indicating that or put a note in the newsletter that some changes had to be made. We were planning on going to KC all along and then I saw a post on here that said something about changes. Once again, it's home office's lack of communication with consultants.

Did they ever respond to your e-mail?

Can anyone with the new web tell me which hotel it will be for Orlando??

Here is what is posted for hotels at all venues:

Travel Information
College Park
Marriott Atlanta Airport Gateway
2020 Convention Center Concourse
Atlanta, GA 30337
404-763-1544
For reservations call 1-800-228-9290
$109/night, $12 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
2091 Convention Center Concourse
College Park, GA 30337
770-907-8880
For reservations call: 1-888-287-9400
$99/night, $8 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Columbus
Hyatt Regency Columbus
350 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
614-463-1234
For reservations call: 888-421-1442
Online Booking
$134/night, $12 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Denver
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
1400 Welton Street
Denver, CO
303-603-8000
For reservations call: 800-HILTONS
$149/night, $29 parking
Reserve by 7/4/2012

Evansville
Holiday Inn Express Evansville West
5737 Pearl Drive
Evansville, IN 47712
812-421-9773
For reservations call: 888-465-4329
$84/night, free parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Omaha
Hilton Omaha
1001 Cass St.
Omaha, NE
402-998-3400
For reservations call: 800-445-8667
Online Booking
$105/night, $10 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Phoenix
Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
340 North 3rd St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
602-262-2500
For reservations call: 602-262-2500
$109/night, $$17 parking
reserve by 7/12/2012

Sacramento
Sheraton Grand Sacramento
1230 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-447-1700
$119/night, $18 self park
Reserve by 6/26/2012

San Antonio
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
210-223-1000
For reservations call: 800-228-9290
$119/night, $25 parking
reserve by 6/28/2012

Springfield
Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place
Monarch Place
Springfield, MA 01103
(413) 781-1010
$119/night, $12.95 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
777 W Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
714-750-4321
For reservations call: 800-445-2660
$109/night, $16 parking
Reserve by 7/3/2012

Arlington
Sheraton Arlington
1500 Convention Center Dr.
Arlington, TX 76011
817-261-8200
For reservations call: 800-442-7275
$129/night, $12 parking
Reserve by 7/12/2012

Baltimore
Sheraton Inner Harbor
300 South Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-962-8300
$145/night, $25 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Holiday Inn - Inner Harbor
301 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-685-3500
For reservations call: 410-685-3500
$119/night, $23 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Bellevue
Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
11010 NE 8th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004
425-454-5888
For reservations call: 425-454-5888
$119/night, $10 parking
Reserve by 7/13/2012

Charlotte
Omni Charlotte
132 East Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
704-377-0400
For reservations call: 800-THE-OMNI
$119/night, $10 parking
Reserve by 7/13/2012

Orlando
Rosen Plaza
9700 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
407-996-9700
For reservations call: 800-627-8258
$119/night, $13 parking

Rochester
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
225 South Broadway
Rochester, MN 55904
507-285-1234
For reservations call: 877-782-9444
$109/night, $12 parking
Reserve by 7/5/2012

Schaumburg
Renaissance Schaumburg
1551 Thoreau Drive North
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-303-4100
For reservations call: 800-468-3571
$129/night, free parking
Reserve by 7/13/2012

Slidell
Holiday Inn & Suites Slidell
372 Voters Rd
Slidell, LA 70461
985-639-0890
For reservations call: 985-639-0890
$109.99/night, free parking
Reserve by 7/11/2012

DISCLAIMER: The Pampered Chef has arranged for a limited number of hotels rooms at each meeting location. To make your reservation, call the number listed and inform the agent that you are attending The Pampered Chef meeting.

And here are the locations of the events:

Locations for Saturday, July 28

•Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse
College Park, GA 30337
Venue parking: $5
•Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Venue parking: $8
•Colorado Convention Center
700 14th Street
Denver, CO 80202
Venue parking: $12
•The Centre
715 Locust Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Venue parking: Free
•CenturyLink Center Omaha
455 N. 10th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
•Phoenix Convention Center
100 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
•Sacramento Convention Center
1030 15th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue parking: $8-13 in downtown parking garages
•Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
P.O. Box 1809
San Antonio, TX 78296
Venue parking: $9
•MassMutual Center
1277 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Venue parking: $7

Locations for Saturday, Aug. 4

•Anaheim Convention Center
800 West Katella
Anaheim, CA 92802
•Arlington Convention Center
1200 Ballpark Way
Arlington, TX 76011
Venue parking: $5
•The Baltimore Convention Center
One West Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-2499
Venue parking: $7-9 in downtown parking garages
•Meydenbauer Center
11100 Northeast 6th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Venue parking: $13
•Charlotte Convention Center
501 South College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
•Orange County Convention Center
9800 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Venue parking: $13
•Mayo Civic Center
30 Civic Center Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Venue parking: $12.50 weekdays; Free weekends
•Renaissance Schaumburg
1551 Thoreau Drive North
Schaumburg, IL 60173
•North Shore Harbor Center
100 Harbor Center Blvd.
Slidell, LA 70461

Thanks Beth!Registration for Fall Launch still hasn't opened, correct? I would hope they'd release it to everyone and not just those with the new web.

No it isn't open yet and they WILL get this to everyone. I believe registration opens in July. Everyone will be on the new web before that.

what exactly do they do at the launch parties =) is it worth the 3 hr trip?

BethCooks4U said:
No it isn't open yet and they WILL get this to everyone. I believe registration opens in July. Everyone will be on the new web before that.

I'm skeptical about that. Directors have been on the new web for a month now. No one else has been moved. If they move SC & TL soon, maybe, but I'm waiting for the announcement that the date for the end of P3 will be moved back. It's not reasonable that consultants will only have a few days to transition.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just being realistic on how things have gone and how computer updates go at work. We transitioned from an ancient DOS based system to a windows system back in the mid 90's. I heard about it over a year before we started to get any training on the new system. Our start date for the new system was moved back twice before we finally went live. Back then we were less than 3000 stores nationwide, now we have over 7000 locations. I see the P3 conversion as being similar to the intercom conversion. There will be hiccups and delays.

By the way, we haven't gotten any e-mails (thanks HO for keeping EVERYONE informed...) but Directors have been told that the end of P3 is July 31st. With that being the case, we may very well NOT all be on the new web when they open registration. In fact, it looks more than likely that we will not all be on the new web at that point.

Registration opened today. I am on the old web and registered no problem. Can't wait! See you in College Park!

I registered yesterday afternoon!! Super excited!! I hope I was one of the top five who registerd first...maybe I can get a free gift like the girls did last year!!! LOL :p:love:

I just registerd for Baltimore, MD!!

Am super excited, anyone else will be going to MD???

Yes, I am going to Baltimore too! I see you are from NJ too! Are you going with anyone?

Rossana

I'll be in Baltimore Too!!!! Wahooo!!!

Rossana said:
Yes, I am going to Baltimore too! I see you are from NJ too! Are you going with anyone?

Rossana

Yes, from Central NJ :D

But I'm going up there with my Fiance, it happens to be our anniversary on the 4th so making a weekend of it.

Are you staying up there or going for the day?

Still don't know which of the two hotels to stay at, suggestions anyone?

I'm actually going to the convention alone would love to have some friends there...

Nay62 - youre welcome to sit with me and my team! We'd love to have ya!! And congrats on the anniversary!

PigletsMom said:
Nay62 - youre welcome to sit with me and my team! We'd love to have ya!! And congrats on the anniversary!

Thanks, I just might take you up on the offer to sit with you.

Carmen:)

nay62 said:
Yes, from Central NJ :D

But I'm going up there with my Fiance, it happens to be our anniversary on the 4th so making a weekend of it.

Are you staying up there or going for the day?

Still don't know which of the two hotels to stay at, suggestions anyone?

I'm actually going to the convention alone would love to have some friends there...

I went w the cheaper hotel. We are doing it as part of a family vacation so staying two nights. Both hotels were in walking distance of conference and fun stuff so I went w money savings.

So who is attending Fall Launch in San Antonio?

Im going to be at the Evansville one!

is there a fall launch near Lake Charles,LA?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • chefjoanne
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies