• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fajita Fix: Making Veggies Crisp in the DCB!

I love the mandoline! I always use it. I also quarter my veggies before adding them to the pot. I find that it saves time in the long run and my veggies always come out very crunchy.
ericadboone
Gold Member
I have made fajitas in my DCB several times, but my husband and I are always a little disappointed at how soft the veggies are. I like them a little crispier.

Has anyone tried putting the veggies ON TOP of the chicken instead of the other way around. Just wondering if they'd still cook well and still have a little crispness to them.

I am doing the fajitas for a party tomorrow. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
erica

shorter cooking time will leave them crispy. They kind of boil in the DCB otherwise. So - add them after partially cooking the chx.

yeah I am with Scott on this one. I have always put my veggies on top...and they are still mushy!

Maybe saute the veggies in the small skillet while the chicken is cooking? Just don't saute for very long and they should be crispy. :)

The point really is everything in one pot so I would cut them while the chicken is cooking for 15 mins or so then add the veggies for the last 5 mins.

yeah, but you could show off a 2nd product! :)

You could try cutting the veggies thicker and cutting the chicken into smaller pieces. Then the chicken will cook faster, and the veggies will be cooked less.

How do you cut the veggies? I make them at nearly every demo and never have them be mushy. Now, that might be mushy for my standards vs. how you really want them to be. Mine still have some bite in them.

bgchef said:
You could try cutting the veggies thicker and cutting the chicken into smaller pieces. Then the chicken will cook faster, and the veggies will be cooked less.

This is what I do. I cut the chicken into thin strips before cooking it. It takes 12 minutes tops to cook the whole lot of it, and like Keith's, mine are never mushy (at least, not to me.:D).

I tried it the recipe way and we did NOT like it. MUSHY. Now I get the chicken going and stir in the vegis the last 3-4 min. We like them to have a crunch to them like they would off a skillet. Works every time......I have just learned to ask the host ahead how they like theirs. :chef:

i always just slice my veggies into stips about 1/2 inch thick. I like the idea of starting the chicken and adding the veggies for the last few minutes. I don't cut up my chicken before cooking. I like to cook the whole breats then cut them with the salad choppers. So I think I'll start the chicken, add the veggies. Use the chef's tongs to get the chicken out from under the veggies and cut w/ salad chopper. Thanks for the suggestions guys! Appreciate it so much! Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like mushy veggies in my fajitas! :)

I also cut my chicken in smaller chicken tender form, and I add an extra pepper = never have mushy veggies.
N

I make mine the way the recipe directs. Here is why I believe it is an advantage at our shows...

I love to show the mandoline! Many people/children do not much care for bell peppers or onions. By slicing them thin they practically disintegrate and they barely know they are here since they do not get big chunks. I also say to the crowd if you like yours chunkier then cut them bigger or even just 1/4 them before adding to the pot. The salad choppers will do the rest. Also many of the people I am trying to be interested in the manddoline and DCB are not people who love to cook. Many do not enjoy slicing and dicing. Or even dealing with raw food. When they watch me do this recipe I have many people (who I know hate to cook) say "I could do that!"

I always use the mandolin, but I do like the idea of just quartering them and letting the salad choppers do the rest. The mandolin is not a big seller for me, but the salad choppers sure are!!

1. How do I prepare the vegetables for the DCB?

The best way to prepare the vegetables for the DCB is to wash them thoroughly and then slice them into even, thin pieces. This will ensure that they cook evenly and become crisp in the DCB.

2. Can I use frozen vegetables in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen vegetables in the DCB. However, it is important to thaw them completely and pat them dry before adding them to the DCB. This will help prevent excess moisture and ensure that they become crisp.

3. How much oil should I use when making fajita veggies in the DCB?

You only need a small amount of oil when making fajita veggies in the DCB. We recommend using about 1-2 tablespoons of oil for a family-sized portion of veggies. Too much oil can make the vegetables soggy instead of crispy.

4. How long does it take for the vegetables to become crispy in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type and thickness of the vegetables. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes for the vegetables to become crispy in the DCB. However, you can check them periodically and cook for longer if needed.

5. Can I add seasoning to the vegetables before cooking them in the DCB?

Yes, you can add seasoning to the vegetables before cooking them in the DCB. This will help enhance the flavor and make them even more delicious. We recommend using a fajita seasoning blend or your own favorite spices and herbs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
schel
  • ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies