• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales at Fairs and Craft Shows: A Beginner's Guide

In summary, the author recommends trying fairs and craft shows as a way to generate leads for new shows or future customers, but they caution that it may not be the best venue for orders.
PamperYourKitchen
I'm new at this, and I'm interested in setting up at a fair or craft show. I didn't know how you get registered or anything like that...or even know the deadlines, etc. Have you all found that those are good venues for orders / one big show or not?
Thanks!

fairs and craft showsI've found that fairs and craft shows can be hit or miss. You may get lots of leads and give away catalogs and have them turn into something....or not at all. It's worth a try, especially if you are just starting your business. I've done a lot of county fairs (where several clusters go in on it together because it can be expensive and we do shifts). Some leads may not really turn into anything until a ways down the line. Some not until a year later, but then if you have a really good show from that person then it's worth it! You just never know.

One thing is to be sure to be "aggressive" with people. Not really aggressive, but I guess more assertive. Really try to engage them in conversation if they walk by and look at you, but they don't stop. A great starting line is "Are you familiar with Pampered Chef?" Then engage them as much as you can. Smaller craft fairs are a bit easier to do this at. Also, I"ve only done drawings at smaller things. with the big fairs, you just get people who want to win free stuff and have NO interest in anything else. Also use OLD catalogs (if you have any) to give out. Then get their address to offer to send them a new one. Yes, you then pay postage to mail it, but lots of clusters get together to do bulk mailings to make them less expensive. This way, at least you get their contact info out of them instead of them walking away with your catalog and not doing anything about it. Then you can follow up with them after they receive the catalog.

It's hard at first, but the more you do it, the more comfortable you become. Hope that helps!

Trade ShowsI find as well that trade shows are great for generating leads for new shows, or for new future customers, or catalogue shows, but not so much for orders.

However, it depends on the type of show you do. If it is a craft sale/trade show, it will tend to do better for orders than a full blown trade show, as most people at a full blown trade show are there to look, enter draws for free stuff, or get info. Most people at a craft sale/show are looking to buy.

Hope that helps a bit....

Michelle

You can check with your local Chamber of Commerce. When events are going on this year, ask who the contact person is for the next year. Ask crafters at events what events are coming up and who you can contact.

If you want leads, this is the place to go. You are not going to get a lot of orders or even schedule shows, but you will get tons of leads.

Hi there! Welcome to the wonderful world of Pampered Chef! Setting up at fairs and craft shows can definitely be a great way to generate orders and showcase our products. The first step would be to research local fairs and craft shows in your area and see if they have any vendor registration forms or information available on their website. You can also reach out to the organizers directly and inquire about registration deadlines. In my experience, fairs and craft shows can be hit or miss, but they can definitely lead to a lot of orders and new customers. I would recommend setting up a visually appealing and inviting booth, and offering samples and demonstrations to attract potential customers. Good luck with your first fair or craft show! Let us know how it goes.

What types of products can be sold at a fair or craft show?

At Pampered Chef, we specialize in kitchen tools and accessories, so our consultants typically sell kitchen-related products at fair and craft shows. However, depending on the rules and regulations of the specific event, other types of products such as home decor, jewelry, and clothing may also be allowed.

Do I need to have a business license to participate in a fair or craft show?

In most cases, yes. It is important to check with the event organizers or your local government to determine if a business license is required. This is to ensure that all vendors are properly registered and conducting business legally.

How much does it cost to participate in a fair or craft show?

The cost can vary depending on the location and size of the event, as well as the type of products being sold. It is important to factor in the cost of booth rental, any additional fees, and the cost of inventory and supplies. It is always a good idea to have a budget in place before committing to a fair or craft show.

What are some tips for a successful fair or craft show?

First and foremost, have a visually appealing and well-stocked booth to attract potential customers. Offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice people to stop by. It is also important to have a positive and engaging attitude, as well as business cards or flyers to hand out to interested individuals. Lastly, make sure to follow up with any potential leads after the event.

Can I sell Pampered Chef products at a fair or craft show?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are able to sell our products at fairs and craft shows with the proper authorization and paperwork. However, it is important to check with the event organizers and follow any guidelines or regulations they may have in place for vendors. Your team leader or Pampered Chef support can also provide guidance and assistance for selling at events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbachen
  • crissy11
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • Jules711