• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reporting a Facebook PWS Violation: Has This Happened to You?

In summary, Heather reported a Facebook PWS violation, and received an email from H.O. accusing her of violating their policy. She responded to Donna, the woman from H.O., but is upset about the accusation. Anyone else have this happen to them?
I will admit that I listed my website on my FB page. I just deleted it. I plea ignorance as I have only been a consultant for less than a year and I don't know every single policy yet. I really didn't mean to go against the policy.

For anyone who saw this on my FB page, I apologize.

gingertannery said:
beepampered said:
We all list PC in our email addresses to our friends, why would you not be able to put it on Facebook? I have never understood why they don't want us to link to the website. It increases business and visability so what's the problem?[/QUOTE]

I think it is because it would give some a "perceived" advantage over others.. and they are trying to keep the playing field level for all.

I don't understand why they would want to level the playing field? If someone is clever enough to advertise in unconventional ways- why is that bad? Who does it hurt?

I think it's silly when I consider this one of my jobs...this isn't the secret service and the more their name is out there, there more people will think of them!I can list any of my other companies without problem and I deal with much more confidential information then I do in a cooking show, LOL.I think they'll have to get into this century really soon if they truly want to succeed in the future--I hate to use the cliche that "everyone is doing it" but, in fact, a majority of companies are.

When I click on it, it goes to my facebook page... but I know I am not the one...LOL. probably linked to your account instead of the one you were reporting because you computer automatically opens your page if you go to facebook.

leahevanson said:
Hello All,

I reported a Facebook PWS violation yesterday. You can view it here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=29625683384

I received an email this morning from H.O. stating that this was a link to MY PWS, even though it is clearly not. :grumpy:

I responded to Donna, the woman from H.O., but I am quite upset about being accused, when I was the one reporting it! :eek:

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Question... What if a friend posts a question on your Wall about a Pampered Chef item? I have a friend that posted "how much does the pampered chef pitcher cost"
I don't want to be rude and delete her whole post on my wall... Hope that makes sense?

I deleted the post off the wall when a host asked a question and then sent her a private FB email explaining why I deleted it. That way I'm covered.

Dawn

Yakmama said:
gingertannery said:
I don't understand why they would want to level the playing field? If someone is clever enough to advertise in unconventional ways- why is that bad? Who does it hurt?

I THINK ( and I could be wrong), but I think it's because if they let any of it go where would it stop and then some people would be paying for websites to advertise when not everyone can afford that.

It does seem like they could change the language to something like posting your pc website is ok on social networking sites only.

But as long as it is part of the rules I will follow along.

I have 4 different email addys I use regularly and it is on all of those in the signature line.

pampermejolene said:
I THINK ( and I could be wrong), but I think it's because if they let any of it go where would it stop and then some people would be paying for websites to advertise when not everyone can afford that.

It does seem like they could change the language to something like posting your pc website is ok on social networking sites only.

The issue there is defining social networking sites. Some people would argue that their blog or even here is used for networking. It's less confusing to have no "excepts" in the policy.

I still don't understand who it hurts. Let's say someone cannot afford a website- well then they have to get business in other ways. That's the way business works.

There is a group for Pampered Chef consultants and there was a gal ho had her website on and I messaged her and told her that was against policy but I was not going to report her to HO. she said she was new, probably just didn't know..
You can send Flair and they have 2 pages of PC FLAIR, I asked Dor about this b/c I wasn't sure if it was ok. They also have a "I love Pampered Chef group".
I think the rules are a tad strict, we pay for our website, it is our business and as long as we don't abuse it or put PC in a bad light, I don't see the harm in talking about it to others. I have told people I haven'r seen in a long time that I sell PC, I don't say Pampered Chef. I got reported for a violation on LinkedIn that I never even posted, didn't even have an account, talk about confusion.

merego said:
There is a group for Pampered Chef consultants and there was a gal ho had her website on and I messaged her and told her that was against policy but I was not going to report her to HO. she said she was new, probably just didn't know..
You can send Flair and they have 2 pages of PC FLAIR, I asked Dor about this b/c I wasn't sure if it was ok. They also have a "I love Pampered Chef group".
I think the rules are a tad strict, we pay for our website, it is our business and as long as we don't abuse it or put PC in a bad light, I don't see the harm in talking about it to others. I have told people I haven'r seen in a long time that I sell PC, I don't say Pampered Chef. I got reported for a violation on LinkedIn that I never even posted, didn't even have an account, talk about confusion.

I agree with you, Mere... I have worked with deaf people before, and I'm sure the gal that made that fan club on facebook meant no harm...she was more than likely trying to get bookings which is much harder for the deaf.

However it wasn't "legal" for her to do it, so it should come down. Whether I agree with that rule or not...

leahevanson said:
Hello All,

I reported a Facebook PWS violation yesterday. You can view it here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=29625683384

I received an email this morning from H.O. stating that this was a link to MY PWS, even though it is clearly not. :grumpy:

I responded to Donna, the woman from H.O., but I am quite upset about being accused, when I was the one reporting it! :eek:

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks!

when I clicked on this , it went to my facebook page, but I don't have my website on there, never have. weird

merego said:
when I clicked on this , it went to my facebook page, but I don't have my website on there, never have. weird

When I clicked on it, it did go to Tammy's site (the girl who was in violation)

I know that we are supposed to report this stuff to the home office, however I wrote her a very nice, polite note and told her that her group was a violation of TPC policy. I told her that I was sure she didn't mean to violate a policy, but I didn't want her to get in trouble, and she should take it down.

She did write me back, and thanked me for telling her that she could not have a PC group/fan club on Facebook. She felt terrible.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've worked with the deaf before, and I do not believe that she was trying to do anything wrong. She felt terrible, and was only trying to find other deaf people that she could network with, etc.

Please save your opinions about whether or not I should have contacted her. With the stories I've been hearing about how HO has been a little rude to people and consultants lately, I wasn't in the mood to have someone with a disability potentially get skewered by someone at the HO...
Your mileage may vary.

One thing to remember is that while we do own our own businesses, we do not own Pampered Chef. They can and do control how they name is out there. They provide us with great materials to make sure that their name is represented in a matter that they approve.

Kitchen Diva said:
When I clicked on it, it did go to Tammy's site (the girl who was in violation)

I know that we are supposed to report this stuff to the home office, however I wrote her a very nice, polite note and told her that her group was a violation of TPC policy. I told her that I was sure she didn't mean to violate a policy, but I didn't want her to get in trouble, and she should take it down.

She did write me back, and thanked me for telling her that she could not have a PC group/fan club on Facebook. She felt terrible.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've worked with the deaf before, and I do not believe that she was trying to do anything wrong. She felt terrible, and was only trying to find other deaf people that she could network with, etc.

Please save your opinions about whether or not I should have contacted her. With the stories I've been hearing about how HO has been a little rude to people and consultants lately, I wasn't in the mood to have someone with a disability potentially get skewered by someone at the HO...
Your mileage may vary.

Kacey, I agree with you... I have contacted people before just to tell them just incase you didn't know... If they reply back and were to be a jerk, then yes I would report them, but that has never happened so I don't report them to HO. I have enough to do in my day and don't need to be the PC police , don't they pay someone to do that anyways. Apparantly I didn't read the rules well enough b/c I didn't know we couldn't even say we sold PC, I knew about the website, but didn't know we had such strict restrictions. So much for your business , your way, huh?!

wadesgirl said:
One thing to remember is that while we do own our own businesses, we do not own Pampered Chef. They can and do control how they name is out there. They provide us with great materials to make sure that their name is represented in a matter that they approve.[/QUOTEI

I agree wadesgirl and there are people who can give a business, any business a bad name, but for those of us who work hard and want to succeed, why can't we promote our business??

merego said:
Kacey, I agree with you... I have contacted people before just to tell them just incase you didn't know... If they reply back and were to be a jerk, then yes I would report them, but that has never happened so I don't report them to HO. I have enough to do in my day and don't need to be the PC police , don't they pay someone to do that anyways. Apparantly I didn't read the rules well enough b/c I didn't know we couldn't even say we sold PC, I knew about the website, but didn't know we had such strict restrictions. So much for your business , your way, huh?!

Yeah I hear you. I didn't realize it was so strict either- I seriously misinterpreted/did not fully comprehend what I was reading when I read the policies.

Maybe I should let PC consultants pay me to tell people that they sell PC? LOL!!

I am removing my info that I sell PC before the PC police get me:)

merego said:
I am removing my info that I sell PC before the PC police get me:)

Yeah, in my list of favorites I put Pampered Chef. I just took that out- I didn't say I sold it, but I said it was one of my favorites. I put in Williams Sonoma instead, they don't mind the publicity. LOL

(settle down everyone, I'm just kidding) :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, in my list of favorites I put Pampered Chef. I just took that out- I didn't say I sold it, but I said it was one of my favorites. I put in Williams Sonoma instead, they don't mind the publicity. LOL

That cracked me up! I've missed your humor, Kitchen Diva :)

Kitchen Diva said:

I've missed seeing you on here, too. Glad to see your humor is still going strong! :)

Well, I got an email from the home office saying I had an "internet violation" on Facebook. I just want to "thank" the person that reported me. Apparently you have nothing better to do.

As I stated in my post in this thread, I had deleted my PC information. I never get upset over anything but this certainly hit me wrong. I admitted I made a mistake yet someone thought it was that important to notify the home office anyway.

DessertDivaFL said:
Well, I got an email from the home office saying I had an "internet violation" on Facebook. I just want to "thank" the person that reported me. Apparently you have nothing better to do.

As I stated in my post in this thread, I had deleted my PC information. I never get upset over anything but this certainly hit me wrong. I admitted I made a mistake yet someone thought it was that important to notify the home office anyway.

Ouch, I am sorry they contacted you even after you took it down???:( That sucks! Why would anyone do that!?!

Kitchen Diva said:

So I wonder if we will get in trouble for having PC listed as a "favorite", even if you don't have anythign in your Profile info listed with TPC or even being a consultant?? Or get in trouble for belonging to a PC group (fan of) that is listed?? OR having Pieces of "flair" (buttons) with listing TPC???:confused:

If so.. then alot of us Cheffers are in violation of these things! :O

heat123 said:
So I wonder if we will get in trouble for having PC listed as a "favorite", even if you don't have anythign in your Profile info listed with TPC or even being a consultant?? Or get in trouble for belonging to a PC group (fan of) that is listed?? OR having Pieces of "flair" (buttons) with listing TPC???:confused:

If so.. then alot of us Cheffers are in violation of these things! :O

Exactly! I still wonder where the harm is if their sales are increasing. Could it be a copyright thing???

I think it's clearly time for HO to review this policy big time. Social Networking is here to stay. I think with re-defined guidelines they could let us do it.

Nanisu said:
I think it's clearly time for HO to review this policy big time. Social Networking is here to stay. I think with re-defined guidelines they could let us do it.

AMEN, sister!

Nanisu said:

Yep, totally agree...the internet is a huge way of communicating these days and I don't see the harm in putting on your own PRIVATE Facebook/MySpace page that you sell Pampered Chef! So you post a blog that you're having an open house, and only your 'friends' see? Who cares? Is it hurting anyone? NO!

FYI- it wasn't necessarily anyone here who did report it. HO has lurkers here. They may have seen this thread and checked out your FB page themselves.

jst4467 said:
Yep, totally agree...the internet is a huge way of communicating these days and I don't see the harm in putting on your own PRIVATE Facebook/MySpace page that you sell Pampered Chef! So you post a blog that you're having an open house, and only your 'friends' see? Who cares? Is it hurting anyone? NO!

Especially when your myspace is set to "private" no one can look at your profile if you are not a freind and you have to ok freinds to even communicate with you when in private setting! Ofcourse all of your friends know you sell PC!:grumpy: That rule just makes no sense!

heat123 said:
Especially when your myspace is set to "private" no one can look at your profile if you are not a freind and you have to ok freinds to even communicate with you when in private setting! Ofcourse all of your friends know you sell PC!:grumpy: That rule just makes no sense!
Someone else on here had a "friend" report them even though it was only her friends who could see her myspace page. You just never know.

chefann said:
FYI- it wasn't necessarily anyone here who did report it. HO has lurkers here. They may have seen this thread and checked out your FB page themselves.
That was my though, as mad as she can be, you cannot be sure someone on here did it.

jst4467 said:
See above

DessertDivaFL said:
Exactly! I still wonder where the harm is if their sales are increasing. Could it be a copyright thing???
Read my last post. PC has their reputation at stake when they let consultants do what ever they want to do. They have a right to protect their name and to have policies as they wish. They are in place for a reason.

DessertDivaFL said:

See above.

GeorgiaPeach said:
That cracked me up! I've missed your humor, Kitchen Diva :)

byrd1956 said:
I've missed seeing you on here, too. Glad to see your humor is still going strong! :)

Yeah the humor is still going strong, however as it is so close to my "I'm officially old birthday" my humor now comes with a pinch of sarcasm, too! :)

I've missed you both as well! I play on facebook a little more than CS these days.

DessertDivaFL said:

Danielle, that's why I emailed the deaf lady who created a PC group for deaf people on facebook. Since she mostly deals with the written word, I didn't want her to be reduced to tears from an over zealous HO person because she violated a policy. I personally would rather try to go to that person in a very nice, non-threatening, I'm only trying to save you the trouble of getting in trouble way, but sending them an email first. Then and only then if I needed to, I'd report them to home office.

I'm sorry that you were reported by someone you knew.

Hugs to you!

DessertDivaFL said:

I got another internet violation too, but I never had my website on FB, only that I sold PC and was a consultant and I had a piece of PC flair. Whoever did it, was quick because I took it down right after I logged off here talking about how I was going to take it off, yet I still got the e-mail. I was on here talking about it, so my guess is it was a lurker or someone from here.

The 1st violation I got I didn't even do/know about or have an account and now this. I understand what Ann and some of the others are saying, but HO neds to loosen up a little. Usbornne, Silpada, Avon has loosened up, why can't PC? As I have said, so much for "Our business, our way", dosn't seem that way to me anymore.

merego said:
I got another internet violation too, but I never had my website on FB, only that I sold PC and was a consultant and I had a piece of PC flair. Whoever did it, was quick because I took it down right after I logged off here talking about how I was going to take it off, yet I still got the e-mail. I was on here talking about it, so my guess is it was a lurker or someone from here.

The 1st violation I got I didn't even do/know about or have an account and now this. I understand what Ann and some of the others are saying, but HO neds to loosen up a little. Usbornne, Silpada, Avon has loosened up, why can't PC? As I have said, so much for "Our business, our way", dosn't seem that way to me anymore.

Sorry to hear about that Mere. Some people like to appoint themselves the morality police. Who is Usbornne? Did you mean Arbonne? Hugs to you, sorry you got another email...

merego said:

Good grief, I am not the only one apparently. I was hoping someone as nice as you wouldnt have to worry about such things. I don't mind deleting any PC references from my FB page but I do mind those (that are not employed by PC) who can't keep their nose out of other people's business.

DessertDivaFL said:
Good grief, I am not the only one apparently. I was hoping someone as nice as you wouldnt have to worry about such things. I don't mind deleting any PC references from my FB page but I do mind those (that are not employed by PC) who can't keep their nose out of other people's business.

There are people who work at HO who are on this site regularly as lurkers - and they monitor threads such as this one. It very well could have been one of them.

I wouldn't be so quick to rush to judgement.;)

Usbourne is a direct sales company for books for children. They also sell 'kid kits' which are like arts and crafts sets for a specific topic like dinosaurs or princesses. They have a series that my toddler loves 'That's not my...' it goes through the book telling about how fluffy the dress is and scratchy the shoes are for a train, princess, bear. Whatever is the featured topic of that book.

chefmoseley said:
Usbourne is a direct sales company for books for children. They also sell 'kid kits' which are like arts and crafts sets for a specific topic like dinosaurs or princesses. They have a series that my toddler loves 'That's not my...' it goes through the book telling about how fluffy the dress is and scratchy the shoes are for a train, princess, bear. Whatever is the featured topic of that book.

Usborne Books are the BEST! It's the only kind of DS party I like to have, besides PC.

In an effort to comply, I deleted all mention of PC. Except when I found this group I was excited and joined... Anyone ask HO if we can belong to this group?

Pampered Chef Consultants

Holly Pixley - Tucson, AZ | Facebook

There are 1184 members of the group...

I wonder. I mean we have this site, can't there be other forums or groups? I wonder about that FB group though, because it is an open group, there isn't a fee to join, it's not private. Anyone can go on it and see everyone's full names and such. If they are a member of that group, then wouldn't it be listed on their individual info page? I think having it say member of Pampered Chef Consultant group would be a violation.

Okay, until I know for sure, I deleted myself from the group. I guess I'll call HO and ask.

That's my interpretation of the policy, as well. I just sent a query to HO to find out.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
In an effort to comply, I deleted all mention of PC. Except when I found this group I was excited and joined... Anyone ask HO if we can belong to this group?

Pampered Chef Consultants

Holly Pixley - Tucson, AZ | Facebook

There are 1184 members of the group...

I would ask, but I haven't joined because I think HO would have an issue with it. It is an open group and anyone can join, not just PC consultants. If it was a closed, moderated group I don't think it'd be an issue.

I suggest you ask if you are worried or don't join.

Besides, would you trust joining a group of someone with this:http://sarniaweddings.com/MelodyGibson.htm????

...or this?http://newcomers.sarnia.com/sponsors/sponsors%20.htm

That took me 10 seconds to find those.On the topic, with the constant changing of the internet, HO needs to re-evaluate some policies because we are restricted much more than other companies. I'd love to join some things but know I can't.On reporting, I think HO monitors here more than you guys realize! I've gotten e-mails from someone I know at HO on what I've posted before. They are trying to do their job and keep things fair.Disclaimer: I personally have never reported a FB violation and don't really have time for it...life is too full of other things...

Oh my goodness! Janet, have you reported those to HO?ETA--nevermind...just read your post above! ;)

babywings76 said:
Oh my goodness! Janet, have you reported those to HO?

Nope, don't have time to type that message...she has more...just took me a quick Google search on her name and Pampered Chef since she is the admin of the group.

Enough for me not to want to have an association with her.

Back to work for me...

merego said:

I am surprised I haven't gotten am email to then since you did since I have the same flair and joined in conversation with you about the events o Leadership.

Off to delete my flair!

DessertDivaFL said:

chefann said:

I am so sorry Danielle! That is awful that you got it and had deleted it.

And you would think if it was a HO lurker from here, they would have seen that you deleted it too since they saw your admission on here you would think they would see your revision!

Just my 2cents!

<h2>1. What is a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>A PWS violation on Facebook refers to a violation of the platform's policies and community standards related to personal or business profiles, pages, or groups. This can include inappropriate content, harassment, fake or misleading information, or other violations.</p><h2>2. How do I report a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>To report a PWS violation on Facebook, go to the post or profile in question and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then, select "Report" and follow the prompts to specify the type of violation and provide any additional information. You can also report a violation through the Facebook Help Center.</p><h2>3. What happens after I report a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>After you report a PWS violation on Facebook, the platform's team will review the report and take appropriate action. This could include removing the violating content, warning or disabling the account in question, or taking other measures to ensure a safe and respectful community on Facebook.</p><h2>4. Why did I receive an email stating that I violated a PWS on Facebook when I was the one reporting it?</h2><p>This can happen if there was a misunderstanding or mistake in the reporting process. The Facebook team may have mistakenly associated the reported violation with your account. If this happens, you can respond to the email and explain the situation or reach out to Facebook's support team for further assistance.</p><h2>5. Has this happened to anyone else when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>It is possible that this has happened to others when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook. In some cases, it could be a misunderstanding or mistake on the platform's end. If you encounter a similar situation, it is best to reach out to Facebook's support team for assistance.</p>

1. What is a PWS violation on Facebook?

A PWS violation on Facebook refers to a violation of the platform's policies and community standards related to personal or business profiles, pages, or groups. This can include inappropriate content, harassment, fake or misleading information, or other violations.

2. How do I report a PWS violation on Facebook?

To report a PWS violation on Facebook, go to the post or profile in question and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then, select "Report" and follow the prompts to specify the type of violation and provide any additional information. You can also report a violation through the Facebook Help Center.

3. What happens after I report a PWS violation on Facebook?

After you report a PWS violation on Facebook, the platform's team will review the report and take appropriate action. This could include removing the violating content, warning or disabling the account in question, or taking other measures to ensure a safe and respectful community on Facebook.

4. Why did I receive an email stating that I violated a PWS on Facebook when I was the one reporting it?

This can happen if there was a misunderstanding or mistake in the reporting process. The Facebook team may have mistakenly associated the reported violation with your account. If this happens, you can respond to the email and explain the situation or reach out to Facebook's support team for further assistance.

5. Has this happened to anyone else when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook?

It is possible that this has happened to others when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook. In some cases, it could be a misunderstanding or mistake on the platform's end. If you encounter a similar situation, it is best to reach out to Facebook's support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Oracle
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies