• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reporting a Facebook PWS Violation: Has This Happened to You?

In summary, Heather reported a Facebook PWS violation, and received an email from H.O. accusing her of violating their policy. She responded to Donna, the woman from H.O., but is upset about the accusation. Anyone else have this happen to them?
leahevanson
Gold Member
Hello All,

I reported a Facebook PWS violation yesterday. You can view it here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=29625683384

I received an email this morning from H.O. stating that this was a link to MY PWS, even though it is clearly not. :grumpy:

I responded to Donna, the woman from H.O., but I am quite upset about being accused, when I was the one reporting it! :eek:

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks!

Nope, but if they log into facebook, she left everything about her...name, etc., so it should be easy to track her down.I'm guessing someone new got the message and got confused!

janetupnorth said:
I'm guessing someone new got the message and got confused!
I've had the "confused" thing happen a lot - it gets frustrating, but we are all human (at least mostly) and I have to let it go.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I am still waiting to hear back.

So what is the violation? Can you not post anything about Pampered Chef on facebook. It is private isn't it?

beepampered said:
So what is the violation? Can you not post anything about Pampered Chef on facebook. It is private isn't it?

We're not supposed to post on ANY sites that we're consultants, even if they're private. All private means is that someone has to be logged in (and possibly friended by you in the case of social networking sites) in order to see it.

I have seen it on FB too but it's from some well known CSers! So I figured it was ok- since it was "private" to thier freinds???

When I click on the link it brings me to a page that says to log in and then it just brings me to my page . Am I the violator?????

But just to clarify.... I can talk about what I do, just not mention TPC or my web addy right!? I can say I cook and demonstrate high quality kitchen tools in your home and am looking for people to join my team??

As far as I know, Heather, that's OK. No PWS links, and no company name.If you have a concern, the Career Solutions department at HO would be able to provide an official answer.

I was told I couldn't even mention conference or anything in a blog...even if I didn't say I was a consultant.

I have wondered about the whole "mentioning PC on Facebook" thing. I just recently joined FB so it's all pretty new to me. I chose NOT to mention PC in my profile, etc even though you have to be my friend to view my profile.

At least this is what I thought until I listed my current town under "networking". I searched for PC on Facebook and a bunch of PC people came up. The ones within my "network" were in blue and I could look at their profile and everything else except post a comment.

I have two directors under my friends and BOTH have PC listed, are openly talking about PC shows, etc which can be seen by MY non-pc friends.

All very frustrating!

I've seen that too since I have PC people as friends too, but haven't reported anyone. I would believe that HO would consider MUCH of that in violation. They are all people on here so I hope they consider carefully what they are posting!

It's really a fine line and I wish HO would clarify and give us more leeway. Online Network Marketing is here to stay and I wish we could use it more freely. I have many PC friends as my friends on FB and of course we are going to talk about shows and conference and stuff.

I guess I better watch my conversations on there too, we have talked about our trip to leadership (not mentioning PC however), but how awesome it was anyways! But I haven't even bothered with putting PC in my profile or anythig related to it... except there is a "group" you can join full of Pc consultants on there?? I don't know who started it but a bunch of us are part of that group! I wonder if we'd all get introuble for belonging???

Last edited:
I honestly think that this rule is very unfair ... I can see it to a point ... but if your site is private, I don't see the harm.

I should hope you won't get in trouble for belonging to a group that likes PC. I don't know how they'd react to other things on there though.They are going to have to loosen up the reigns someday or be more clear though.

Well, maybe because other NON pcer's can be a friend and then see the conversations you carry with your other PC freinds??? I don't know?? But I would think your "private' conversations like "Between you and them" messages would be ok since NO one else sees the info but you and your freind? If they by chance ask what you do etc... which would be like an email or phone call tellng them what you do, in my opinion!

The violation I reported was a public group with a PWS plainly posted. It's frustrating! :)

We all list PC in our email addresses to our friends, why would you not be able to put it on Facebook? I have never understood why they don't want us to link to the website. It increases business and visability so what's the problem?

HO doesn't want someone to link to their PWS all over the web, increasing the chances that their PWS would come up in a web search and giving them an advantage over other consultants.It's the same reason that there are very specific rules about what you can include in the end part of your PWS name (after the slash). Those rules were added after PWS were available for a while. Some consultants had site names that made it appear that people were on the PC corporate site and had thousands of dollars in random online orders.

Oh, wow! You bring up some good points.

What I'm getting tired of is when People in the web design biz or marketing ask me if I want to advertise online and I tell them I can't they get all huffy and flippant with me saying how stupid it is and look at me like I'm an idiot.

This happened to me just yesterday at my networking meeting. You know I will NOT be sending anyone I know to that web designer!!!! He brushed me off like a piece of scum on his shoe...

I don't have anything in my FB about PC.. I do have my pic on there with my PC arpon on. :)

etteluap70PC said:
What I'm getting tired of is when People in the web design biz or marketing ask me if I want to advertise online and I tell them I can't they get all huffy and flippant with me saying how stupid it is and look at me like I'm an idiot.

This happened to me just yesterday at my networking meeting. You know I will NOT be sending anyone I know to that web designer!!!! He brushed me off like a piece of scum on his shoe...

It's not really true that we can't advertise online at all - because we can through our personal websites. I think if a web designer asked me a question like that - I would just tell that person that I already had a great website through The Pampered Chef, and didn't need a website designed for me.

On my FC, I have have listed "Independent Consultant for the Pampered Chef." If I take of the PC, everyone will ask me what I am talking about and I will have to EMAIL them the answer...If I remove everything, I am appearing to do nothing. I do wish they would make this more clear, too.

Get_Pampered said:
On my FC, I have have listed "Independent Consultant for the Pampered Chef." If I take of the PC, everyone will ask me what I am talking about and I will have to EMAIL them the answer...If I remove everything, I am appearing to do nothing. I do wish they would make this more clear, too.

I think that is where people may get in trouble with putting the company name in there? :confused:

My director states that she is a Director with a company that sells high quality kitchen products, so she is not putting TPC in there at all. And that's great that people would email you privately asking what you do... than you can go on and on about what you do!;) getting bookings and recruit leads:D

Get_Pampered said:

If this is something that you have listed online, I would remove it right away. You could get into trouble for that. If someone emails you & asks you about what you do, you can answer.

I was a huge violator in '05. I had a business website pick up a story I wrote entitled "Being a Man in a Female Dominated Industry". At the bottom of the article was my contact info and a link to my website. I received a call from HO and I was told my name was on Marla's desk and if I didn't remove the link, I would lose my consultancy. I asked why and they the woman told me that "it is a priviledge for Upper Directors Only". I countered with, "If we lower consultants prosper, don't the upper directors?" And what came back was..."if you don't remove the link, we will recind your consultant agreement." So I removed the link and any language about PC.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's not really true that we can't advertise online at all - because we can through our personal websites. I think if a web designer asked me a question like that - I would just tell that person that I already had a great website through The Pampered Chef, and didn't need a website designed for me.

The guy from my group wanted me to put my info on the groups website with all my info and a link to my site.

This is usually the kind of online advertising people are asking me about. They usually know I have a great website thru PC.

I took it off but am frustratingly confused. Both of my uplines have their website links, photos of PC stuff and talk all about PC on their FC walls!:mad:

Then they should remove them, we all have the same set of rules to abide by. They are lucky they haven't been caught.

Yes, we do. Which makes me nervous to be learning from them while they don't follow the rules.

babywings76 said:
Then they should remove them, we all have the same set of rules to abide by. They are lucky they haven't been caught.

I totally agree!

Get_Pampered said:

Ya, it didn't occur to me at all that this might be against policy at first. I had it on my Myspace. Luckily I found out and removed it before I was reprimanded by HO.

What is FC?

Maybe they meant FB- facebook?

Get_Pampered said:
Yes, we do. Which makes me nervous to be learning from them while they don't follow the rules.

Good point. If they aren't clear on this policy (which they should be since they've been in the business long enough to recruit and qualify 5 consultants) or just ignoring it, what kind of example are they?

beepampered said:
We all list PC in our email addresses to our friends, why would you not be able to put it on Facebook? I have never understood why they don't want us to link to the website. It increases business and visability so what's the problem?[/QUOTE]

I think it is because it would give some a "perceived" advantage over others.. and they are trying to keep the playing field level for all.

Get_Pampered said:
I took it off but am frustratingly confused. Both of my uplines have their website links, photos of PC stuff and talk all about PC on their FC walls!:mad:

Even if they are your Upline, I would report it. No it is not fair for some and not all. It is against policies.

I advertised on a local email newsletter from August till November. Found out that since they had a "posted website" that this made my advertising against policy! I didn't even think about it until they said it. Directors and above should be well aware of the policies!

So, help me understand.

In my personal email: I can post name, title, website
On ANY websites: I can post my name and that I sell a product. I can't even mention Pampered Chef?

Doesn't make sense because knowing I sell Pamperd Chef doesn't give me any advantage until someone contacts me and requires more info. Help.

beepampered said:
So, help me understand.

In my personal email: I can post name, title, website
On ANY websites: I can post my name and that I sell a product. I can't even mention Pampered Chef?

Doesn't make sense because knowing I sell Pamperd Chef doesn't give me any advantage until someone contacts me and requires more info. Help.

Right. In your personal correspondence with people, you can tell them you are a consultant and put a link to your PWS. It's online places that you can't do that. You can make remarks about being a consultant and doing parties, and selling things, making recipes. But just don't use the Pampered Chef by name. Once someone e-mails you, it's fair game since it's private between you two, and not posted on line for all to see. I wish HO would let us make the reference by name on FB and myspace. I could see maybe not doing the link thing because once that's online, someone else might copy and paste your link into other areas where you are unaware and not able to control.

babywings76 said:
Right. In your personal correspondence with people, you can tell them you are a consultant and put a link to your PWS. It's online places that you can't do that. You can make remarks about being a consultant and doing parties, and selling things, making recipes. But just don't use the Pampered Chef by name. Once someone e-mails you, it's fair game since it's private between you two, and not posted on line for all to see. I wish HO would let us make the reference by name on FB and myspace. I could see maybe not doing the link thing because once that's online, someone else might copy and paste your link into other areas where you are unaware and not able to control.

Actually Avon, just starting letting their Reps, post their PWS on FB! Maybe PC will follow suit?

Question... What if a friend posts a question on your Wall about a Pampered Chef item? I have a friend that posted "how much does the pampered chef pitcher cost"
I don't want to be rude and delete her whole post on my wall... Hope that makes sense?

I'm thinking if you dont' have "TPC" listed or posted on your profile but freinz know you are a consutlant, it's not in your control to what they post? I wouldn't stress about it.

seems to me, when in doubt leave it out.

I know that there are local directors and consultants who not only post their website, but put PC's logo on local advertising websites with a link to their PWS too. Ignorance is no excuse. We all have access to the same P&P and receive multiple "reminders" about online advertising. What really burns me up is to see these same local directors/consultants receiving stage recognition at Leadership & NC for their accomplishments. wrong. just wrong.

Get_Pampered said:

What is FC? Don't you mean fb for facebook?

Hey .... FB has a community of "Pampered Chef Consultants." Is it wrong to join? The only web site linked on it is the corporate one ...

OK, I really am confused. I don't have my website listed on facebook, but I did list Pampered Chef. This is a violation?!!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Question... What if a friend posts a question on your Wall about a Pampered Chef item? I have a friend that posted "how much does the pampered chef pitcher cost"
I don't want to be rude and delete her whole post on my wall... Hope that makes sense?

I'd get rid of it... if she questions you just say it's nothing against her but could get you in trouble. My understanding is that you can't have anything about PC on your site, doesn't matter who puts it there.

I know a girl that does photography, including a lot of weddings and she was going to put me on her blog as favorite vendors to help me out with registries... HO or my upline, can't remember which I contacted, but they said, no, that's not ok... even for her to have a link on HER page.

peachey said:
OK, I really am confused. I don't have my website listed on facebook, but I did list Pampered Chef. This is a violation?!!

Yes it is... at least that's the way it was explained to me.

<h2>1. What is a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>A PWS violation on Facebook refers to a violation of the platform's policies and community standards related to personal or business profiles, pages, or groups. This can include inappropriate content, harassment, fake or misleading information, or other violations.</p><h2>2. How do I report a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>To report a PWS violation on Facebook, go to the post or profile in question and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then, select "Report" and follow the prompts to specify the type of violation and provide any additional information. You can also report a violation through the Facebook Help Center.</p><h2>3. What happens after I report a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>After you report a PWS violation on Facebook, the platform's team will review the report and take appropriate action. This could include removing the violating content, warning or disabling the account in question, or taking other measures to ensure a safe and respectful community on Facebook.</p><h2>4. Why did I receive an email stating that I violated a PWS on Facebook when I was the one reporting it?</h2><p>This can happen if there was a misunderstanding or mistake in the reporting process. The Facebook team may have mistakenly associated the reported violation with your account. If this happens, you can respond to the email and explain the situation or reach out to Facebook's support team for further assistance.</p><h2>5. Has this happened to anyone else when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook?</h2><p>It is possible that this has happened to others when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook. In some cases, it could be a misunderstanding or mistake on the platform's end. If you encounter a similar situation, it is best to reach out to Facebook's support team for assistance.</p>

1. What is a PWS violation on Facebook?

A PWS violation on Facebook refers to a violation of the platform's policies and community standards related to personal or business profiles, pages, or groups. This can include inappropriate content, harassment, fake or misleading information, or other violations.

2. How do I report a PWS violation on Facebook?

To report a PWS violation on Facebook, go to the post or profile in question and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Then, select "Report" and follow the prompts to specify the type of violation and provide any additional information. You can also report a violation through the Facebook Help Center.

3. What happens after I report a PWS violation on Facebook?

After you report a PWS violation on Facebook, the platform's team will review the report and take appropriate action. This could include removing the violating content, warning or disabling the account in question, or taking other measures to ensure a safe and respectful community on Facebook.

4. Why did I receive an email stating that I violated a PWS on Facebook when I was the one reporting it?

This can happen if there was a misunderstanding or mistake in the reporting process. The Facebook team may have mistakenly associated the reported violation with your account. If this happens, you can respond to the email and explain the situation or reach out to Facebook's support team for further assistance.

5. Has this happened to anyone else when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook?

It is possible that this has happened to others when reporting a PWS violation on Facebook. In some cases, it could be a misunderstanding or mistake on the platform's end. If you encounter a similar situation, it is best to reach out to Facebook's support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Oracle
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies