1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Facebook Violation

1. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Di - trust your instincts...

2. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I personally would not join that group...

3. jrstephens

jrstephens Legend Member

Hey Di! There is a whole nother thread about this. I would stay away from it if I was u just to be safe. U may want to read that thread to get a little more insight into it.

Feb 5, 2009
  4. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

which thread - I missed it??

5. jrstephens

jrstephens Legend Member

did u find it?

Feb 5, 2009
  6. amy07

amy07 Senior Member

Exactly!! This should not even be a debate at all!

I really hope HO comes out with a NEW New Consultant agreement that states in BOLD that you cannot do online advertising. Or maybe we should all have to re-submit our agreements that we understand this policy. Then there is no room for the "well, I didn't know". ;)

Feb 5, 2009
  7. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

I totally agree with abiding by the company's policies. Having said that, I do wish that they would let us state that we are consultants with Pampered Chef (using the correct title as stated in the policies and procedures) on myspace and facebook. I think those are great places to advertise your business. When your friends jump on to the sites, they can see what the specials are, etc. I know that we have our website that we pay for, but what's wrong with bragging about how much we love our job on those networking sites? I agree that cooking shows, catalog shows, handing out catalogs, business cards, etc. is the mainstay of our business, but let's face the facts that times have changed and people communicate regularly via the internet. It would be great if the rules were a bit more lenient. Does anyone agree? Maybe if we voice it enough, PC will amend the policy?

Feb 6, 2009
  8. SeeMe4PC

SeeMe4PC Member Gold Member

<sigh>

Color me a freaking idiot! I hate it when I screw up!

I am going to RE-read the policies because I did not remember that section - Thank you for posting!

I thought as long as I made it clear that I was an INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT - I was OK to use the PC name. As in : Ind PC Consultant - I have that everywhere.

THANK YOU!!! I just changed my FACEBOOK - I think that is the only place it is an issue. I don't post anywhere else except here.

Also, as far as the FACEBOOK groups - I removed myself from ALL of them. I absolutely would not give your Consultant ID to any of them. I felt like most of them were useless anyway - I never went to them or posted.

Feb 6, 2009
  9. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Not sure if this is off-topic...

...but, I assume non-consultants ARE allowed to post in blogs or online how much they love PC? Or how much they love a certain product? Is this even allowed?

Are consultants allowed to do that...NOT mentioning that they are a consultant or mentioning our personal website.?? Just curious.

Feb 6, 2009
  10. pamperedlinda

So long as you don't identify yourself as a consultant or tell people to contact you about the products, I see nothing wrong with posting your love for products. It's a fine line.

11. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

This was posted to a yahoo online group I am part of...I copied the above quotation that was posted. :

I have seen many refernces to what you can and can not say over the
    internet. I have read the policy over and over again. Someone told me I
    could not mention on my Myspace or Facebook accounts that I am a
    Consultant for PC, yet that is not what it says in the P&P's. Infact it
    says I can not link my Personal PC webpage to any site. It does say
    that I can talk about PC as long as I represent myself as an
    Inpependant Consultant for Pampered Chef and at all times keep the font
    and print size the same, in no way drawing extra attention to it. I was
    afraid to tell my friends and family via myspace and facebook that I am
    now doing PC, but not anymore. I just will make sure that i never link
    my PC personal site unless it is in a strictly personal email capacity.

12. pamperedlinda

She needs to read the P&P again:

Internet/Web: Additional Guidelines
    Consultants and Above
    Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web
    Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name
    when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.

13. pamperedlinda

here's the rest of it:

You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to
    communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants
    about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or
    promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat
    rooms, other than those created for communicating with
    other Consultants.

14. chefsteph07

I just posted all this on that Yahoo group after getting some flaming posts about feeling so strongly about the subject, I have been educated alot on here about this type of thing,I actually just got a FB acct this week and was very particular not to mention PC and then there was some talk on the Yahoo group about it and I quoted what was stated on this thread and that response I copied was what I got back in return. Then someone wrote that she doesn't know why I feel so strongly about it and she doesn't understand why if SHE OWNS HER OWN BUSINESS why she can't advertise how she sees fit and I again copied what was listed on the other thread about owning your own business, but not owning PC and signing the contract, yada yada. I have yet to get any responses back about it since I just sent it but I said it's not fair for everyone who tries to follow rules to have to put up w/ someone who so blatantly disregards it.

15. chefsteph07

This is another response I just got:

Date: Friday, February 6, 2009, 11:11 PM

If you are online and someone asks you what you have been up to you can tell
    them in chat or on their wall etc. You cannot list that you are a Pampered
    Chef consultant in your profile. It is a small distinction, but it is fine
    to "speak" about in the real and virtual worlds, it is different to have it
    in your profile, be linking your website on other websites etc. I always
    thought of that rule in this manner: PC has a procedure in place to direct
    people to PC consultants via the PC website; if a few consultants have their
    info linked to other sites and someone googles "Pampered Chef consultant"
    said person could be directed to an individual's webpage. It is just a way
    to ensure that the people are given leads in a fair manner. Hope that this
    makes sense.

16. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Did anyone tell her that was wrong? "Please do not mention, advertise or
    promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat
    rooms, other than those created for communicating with
    other Consultants."

They can talk about it online with anyone, as long as it's private--it can't be posted for anyone else to see. One on one PM's are safe.

17. chefsteph07

I did tell her that and I was told that "I" was wrong, so I'm done.

18. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

I ran accross this Login | Facebook

that can't be right.. havent' reported it, nor did I contact the consultant(?)
    but is someone knows it's not right will you please do so?

Feb 7, 2009
  19. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

Looks like its someone having a show and using FB to invite everyone - not a bad idea if she is just the host - I don't see her website or anything listed so that is what I think it is -

20. pamperedlinda

I'm curious - Why don't you report it yourself?

21. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

Whoever she is put the PC logo on her page.

22. pamperedlinda

That isn't the current logo - the hat is the wrong color.

23. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

First, I have to say I do generally agree with the policy. I have no problem that I can't put up my own websites to sell or plaster the web with my PWS link. Also, it really doesn't matter if I agree or not. The policy is what it is. When I signed up, I agreed to the policies. So I am not really arguing about whether the policy is right or not.

BUT...I just joined FB to see what it was all about (I CAN'T believe how many people I know are on this thing).

Here are my questions and now I can see why it can be SO easy to get confused.

1. 2 yrs ago (before I became a consultant) I could have put in my profile that I loved PC products. But, now that I am a consultant, I probably can't (or shouldn't) do that. Seems odd.??

2. All of my friends know what I do. What if one of them puts on my wall something about PC? It would not be odd that one of them would ask about placing an order, getting a new catty or even just asking how my shows are going. So, I guess this would be a violation?? Even if my info is set to only friends can see? Now this scares me. That I could get a violation that I may not even be able to control.

Am I interpreting correctly?

Feb 8, 2009
  24. turtle15

turtle15 Member

I totally agree. My friends use technology. That is the only way I talk to some of them! And it is awkward to have to ask someone to remove something (which I have had to do.)

I am all for following rules, and I am not looking for a way to bend them, but if my hosts want to use facebook to invite guests and get outside orders for their shows, why should I have to stop them? Seems sort of counter-productive. But, I will continue to stop them as long as that policy is in place.

Feb 8, 2009
  25. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

ON FB you cannot prevent a friend from posting a PC question on your wall. You can Immediately delete it then either call, email or send a Private message to that friend to answer the question.

I would say it is OK to be a "fan of PC products as long as it does not say anywhere on your profile that you are a consultant.

Keep in mind. If someone from HO decides to be verry picky just the fact that you are a cons. and even have the words Pampered Chef associated with your profile could get you a slap on the hand and a "please remove it" message.

I agree it can be awkward having to ask someone to remove something. I had this happen on Cafe mom last year when a friend posted about her show and put a link to my PWS. She just took of the web address and asked people to contact her.

If a friend is having a show thay can post it on FB. They just cannot post "here is my consultants website and email!"

26. maassl

maassl Guest

I guess that I hadn't read the P&P very carefully. I just took everything PC that I could find off my facebook and off my blog. As I was doing it my son was wondering what I was doing and I told him. He asked me "Why Mom? Don't they want you to have any business?" I wonder the same thing but until policy changes I will try to keep to the policies! I just hope that the policy changes someday because fb and my blog are how I communicate with a lot of my friends! :)

Feb 12, 2009
  27. pamperedlinda

28. etteluap70PC

Yes PC want's you to have Business! PC is trying to have us keep our business "personal". You cannot truly create lasting Personal relationships via the internet. PC has always since Doris started it been about people, and helping people have fuller lives. Being a consultant has always been about building relationships with people thru our shows and excellent customer service.

As for the Open source cook gal well... I just can not comment because if I do it will get petty and pretty ugly and I do not want to go there...

29. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2009
  30. turtle15

turtle15 Member

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement.

Feb 12, 2009
  31. pamperedlinda

:eek:
    It kind of cuts the first number off a bit. Look at the second #8.

32. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

Me too!!

I actually met my best friend via the internet...lol. We were on the same baby board for our sons.

Feb 12, 2009
  33. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

I also disagree!!!

I met a wonderful guy that was my best friend for years. we have kind of lost touch, but we picked up our friendship again through face book. He lives in the chicago area, so we don't see each other much. But I am planning on meeting up with him and his wife when my hubby and I go up to visit his kids in a couple months.

Feb 12, 2009
  34. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Hey!! We're all famous are at least this site is! WOOHOO!!

Feb 12, 2009
  35. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I'm with you as well!!

Feb 13, 2009
  36. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Me three! I met a group of ladies on an expecting board for our May 99 babies... we've known each other for over 10 years now. I've met 4 of them. One day, we plan to all get together in one place :) In the meantime, we aim to hook up whenever possible in smaller groups. I consider them among my closest friends (maybe that says too much about my lack of friends, lol).

Feb 13, 2009
  37. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

However, in terms of PC, I have found the most success with the traditional formula... face-to-face... I have never seen as much success with sales or bookings via email (even with my newsletter!) as I have with just having shows, talking to people, etc.

Feb 13, 2009
  38. etteluap70PC

This is more what I was getting at.

but... I still stick with my personal opinion though if you are not interacting with someone in person you usually can not fully know them.

39. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Etta ... I'm not at odds with the policy, but I do disagree very strongly with the following:

I beg to differ.

I met my best friend on this planet on the internet. I have taken vacations with people I have met on the internet. Many of these friends met their spouses on the internet.

I would say that my relationships with these people are far more lasting and far more personal than any relationship with any of my customers.

I do understand that things posted online can be associated with things best not mentioned, and that is why I agree with the policy. However, I cannot fathom this distrust of the internet.

40. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Oh ... and I have also sold at least $500 in product to people I have met on the internet, including one of my first customers. While I have not met all of them in person, I would venture to say that I know them better than I know people I met at a county fair!

Have something to add?