• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up a Facebook Page: Which Category is Best?

In summary, there are six main categories available for a Facebook page: Local Business or Place, Company, Organization or Institution, Brand or Product, Artist, Band or Public Figure, Entertainment, and Cause or Community. The best category for your page will depend on the type of business or organization you have. You can change the category of your page at any time, but it may affect the features and options available. You can only choose one main category, but you can add subcategories. If you can't find a suitable category, you can choose the closest match or select "Other" and provide more information in the "About" section.
KateInTheKitchen
Gold Member
How do you set up your facebook page? I've got mine as a "Brands/Products" page –*do you think that's the best category? I think that different categories may have different page features but I'm not very sure.

Last edited:
You betcha!

I did mine as a local business page

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Setting Up a Facebook Page: Which Category is Best?"

1. What are the different categories available for a Facebook page?

There are six main categories available for a Facebook page: Local Business or Place, Company, Organization or Institution, Brand or Product, Artist, Band or Public Figure, Entertainment, and Cause or Community.

2. How do I choose the best category for my Facebook page?

The best category for your Facebook page will depend on the type of business or organization you have. Consider what your page will mainly focus on and choose the category that best represents that.

3. Can I change the category of my Facebook page later?

Yes, you can change the category of your Facebook page at any time. Simply go to your page's settings, click on "Page Info" and then click on "Edit" next to the category. Keep in mind that changing your page's category may affect the features and options available for your page.

4. Is it possible to have multiple categories for my Facebook page?

No, you can only choose one main category for your Facebook page. However, you can add subcategories to further specify your page's focus. For example, a local bakery can choose "Local Business or Place" as the main category and add subcategories such as "Bakery" and "Cafe".

5. What if I can't find a suitable category for my Facebook page?

If you can't find a suitable category for your Facebook page, you can choose the closest match or select "Other" as the category. You can also provide more information about your page in the "About" section to help users understand its purpose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twendy
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • Admin Greg