• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Boost Your Facebook Posts? Try These Tricks!

In summary, ask people to interact with your posts in some way or another to increase your chances of being seen and to keep them interested.
WendyE
I just read an article about effective FB posts and thought I'd sharesome things.

I learned the more interaction there is with your posts ('likes' and comments) the more likely it is to show up in folks newsfeeds. Not all posts show up in eveyones newsfeed. Did you know that? The more popular the post (which is determined by interactions), the more it shows. So you need to find a way to get people to interact! Interaction is also what keeps them interested. It's why they are on Facebook!

One way to do this is by asking people to interact. Studies show that by merely asking, people are much more likely to do it! One way is to say at the end of each post 'like' this post if....". For example, if you post a tip you could say "like this post if you already do this or can't wait to try it!" Or for a lunch snack tip about apples and peanut butter say at the end "like this post if you think apples and peanut butter are yummy together!" You get the idea. Ask people to like your post in some way or another to get them interacting.

Another way is to ask a question. People are more likely to answer a quesiton if it doesn't take long to respond, so try for yes or no questions or questions that can be answered in a few words. For example, a post about a particular product (say the manual food processor), you could say at the end "what is your favorite thing to make with your manual food processor?" Or "how do you keep from crying while cutting onions?" Or something as simple as "When it comes to green beans, which do you prefer, canned or frozen?" Give people an opportunity to participate in the conversation. People like to voice their opinion, you just have to ask!

Interaction not only improves your odds of being seen in newsfeeds, but also keeps people interested in you and your page. It does you no good to have people 'like' your page, then never look at it again, or unlike it because they don't get anything from it (or too much that is unwanted!). People want to be entertained, learn something or save money! Make sure your posts are doing at least one of these things!

The top reasons why people 'unlike' a page are because of post frequency (too many) and too much marketing (people are on facebook to socialize, not be marketed to). Make sure your posts are relavent (kitchen/food/entertaining related) and most of them DO NOT market your business directly. Post kitchen tips and tricks, recipes, what's for dinner, etc in order to GIVE your fans something. Of course they all tie back to your buisness, but you are not shoving it down their throats and sounding like a commercial all the time. When you get on FB to post for your business say to yourself, "what can I offer my readers today?" What would I like to receive if it were me? Come from a place of giving. This will be felt and appreciated by your fans! You can do some very light marketing in every 3rd or 4th post, by casually mentioning a product, but try to be very mindful of making it sound more like a conversation with a friend rather than a sales pitch. This approach will build trust with your fans (that you aren't just out to sell them something, but you care about improving thier lives) as well as build your reputation as an expert in your field. That way when they have a need in your area of expertese (cooking) their first thought will be "________ would be able to help me with that."

Hope this info is as helpful to you and it was me. Let me know what is working for you too!

I seem to strike out when I ask questions. Then I feel lame because no one responded. KWIM? :blushing: :D

Awesome message Wendy!! Thank you for posting it .. it gives me lots to ponder.. and act on!

babywings76 said:
I seem to strike out when I ask questions. Then I feel lame because no one responded. KWIM? :blushing: :D

Yes!!

And I kind of hate the minimum post lenght requirement...

babywings76 said:

Same for me....I'll beg my friends to post more :D

One way to get the ball rolling when you ask questions on your Page is to then answer them from your profile. Also, you're remembering to Like your Page posts. Right? When you Like your Page's post it shows up in your friends' feed, even if they aren't fans of your Page.Your post shows up in your fans' feeds if they choose Most Recent instead of leaving it at the default Top News. I have to admit that I don't like Top News. It irritates me.

raebates said:
One way to get the ball rolling when you ask questions on your Page is to then answer them from your profile. Also, you're remembering to Like your Page posts. Right? When you Like your Page's post it shows up in your friends' feed, even if they aren't fans of your Page.

Your post shows up in your fans' feeds if they choose Most Recent instead of leaving it at the default Top News. I have to admit that I don't like Top News. It irritates me.

Facebook also defaults to "Show posts from friends I interact with the most" which is very annoying, because most people don't know this. You can scroll all the way to the bottom of your home page/news feed and click on the "options" link. Then change the drop box to "Show posts from everyone". But if your friends/customers don't know this, there's not much you can do about it (except maybe post one of those "WARNING, FB DID THIS" posts, which they won't see anyway, because FB isn't showing them your posts :D).

Facebook sometimes reminds me of an overbearing parent who, even after you're an adult, feels completely comfortable making decisions for you because they think they know what's best for you.

When I am in my regular profile and click "like" on my business page, it doesn't seem to show up on my wall that I did that. Are other people seeing it though?

Basically, yes. It will show up in their feed as something like, "Amanda likes a post by Amanda's Pampered Chef Page." That is, of course, if they're seeing what you post at all.

So I posted a question last night and have so far received no hits. BUT, I did take the time to go and invite new friends and re-invite old friends and so far I've received 4 more likes, and got an order for a Cool and Serve!! BONUS!!! :) I think I'll make the time to do my invites a little more often! lol

And, you never know what might come of things. I've been in touch with a former acquaintance for about a year and a half on FB. Day before yesterday a friend of hers asked if she knew anyone who sold PC. She said she did. This friend said she needed 1 thing, but would order more if my acquaintance did a party. She started asking questions. A few answers later, and I'll be sending her Catalog Host Kit tomorrow. No, this doesn't happen every day. And, no, she's not a fan of my PC Page yet. I sprinkle occasional mentions of PC on my Profile, so she knew what I did.

not too much action on my FBPC page, but each time I get a stats update the number have grown by 1 or 2. I will try the questions. I have posted about the specials or a special I'm running, or recipes. Sometimes I get comments like 'yum' or 'looks delish...'. I always 'like' my own post so it ends up posting on my personal page twice. I almost always add a pic or a link to a page on my PC website. The pics, especially if I have taken them often get a comment. For example, I took a pic of fruit in the cool n serve and had several comments on it.

dme.grant said:
BUT, I did take the time to go and invite new friends and re-invite old friends and so far I've received 4 more likes, and got an order for a Cool and Serve!! BONUS!!! :) I think I'll make the time to do my invites a little more often! lol

So remind me how you 'invite' new friends and re-invite old friends? I'm having a brain cramp and kind find it on my page. Thanks!!

You have to be logged in as your Profile (not your Page), and on the right side of the page is a "invite friends" link.

Sometimes I get tempted to explore setting up a FB page, then I read these threads about how to do different things. I think I'll leave it to everyone else! Hahah....I'm tech savvy- but starting to feel very old and outdated with FB! ;)

esavvymom said:
Sometimes I get tempted to explore setting up a FB page, then I read these threads about how to do different things. I think I'll leave it to everyone else! Hahah....I'm tech savvy- but starting to feel very old and outdated with FB! ;)

It's a lot harder than it sounds :) A lot of the tricks are not necessary to have a thriving page. Posting on your Page is just the same as posting on your Profile when you get down to the basics.

What are "Facebook Posting Tricks"?

"Facebook Posting Tricks" refer to strategies and techniques used to optimize and improve the effectiveness of posts on the Facebook platform. These tricks can include utilizing certain features and tools, such as hashtags and scheduling posts, to increase engagement and reach on Facebook.

Why should I use Facebook Posting Tricks?

Using Facebook Posting Tricks can help you to reach a wider audience, increase engagement, and ultimately achieve your goals on the platform, whether it is to promote your business, share personal updates, or connect with others.

What are some common Facebook Posting Tricks?

Some common Facebook Posting Tricks include using hashtags, posting at optimal times, creating visually appealing content, engaging with your audience through comments and replies, and utilizing Facebook's analytics to track the performance of your posts.

Are there any risks in using Facebook Posting Tricks?

While there are no inherent risks in using Facebook Posting Tricks, it is important to always follow Facebook's community standards and guidelines to avoid any potential violations or penalties. Additionally, it is important to regularly review and adjust your posting strategies to ensure they are still effective.

Where can I learn more about Facebook Posting Tricks?

You can learn more about Facebook Posting Tricks by staying updated on the latest features and tools offered by the platform, reading articles and guides from reputable sources, and experimenting with different techniques to see what works best for your specific goals and audience on Facebook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
rhparsons
  • PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • magentablue