• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook vs. Virtual Events: Exploring the Differences

Do you have more than one device nearby? I'm afraid my computer or phone will lockup in in the middle. Maybe between laptop, phone and tablet?!! LOLI always have my phone nearby, but I also have a computer and a tablet. I've never had an issue with my phone locking up.
Toni Monsen
First, I see some say Facebook and some say Virtual....are they the same? Explain difference if there is one.Second, do you do a script ahead of time and then copy and paste the information in at the time of the event? Where do you put the items you're going to copy and post?I've heard of "scheduling" posts but not familiar with how/where you would set these up.Do you have more than one device nearby? I'm afraid my computer or phone will lockup in in the middle. Maybe between laptop, phone and tablet?!! LOLAny advice is much appreciated!

Hi, I'm not an expert having only had one Virtual Party under my belt.
As far as I understand Facebook and Virtual are the same. When I did my party back in September I went online and found several scripts and created my own using a little from each. I made an outline of what I wanted in word. At that time I used Tiny Torch to schedule my post. I only had my laptop available at the time. But I plan to have my tablet (which I didn't have in September) available when I do a fall product VP.
There are several scheduling sites out there like TinyTorch, Cinchshare and PostMyParty. I now use Cinchshare due to some changes to TinyTorch. I have never used PostMyParty but have heard good things about them. There are people who don't use a scheduling site. At my party I ended up having only 3/4 of my post scheduling do to unforeseen events and I could barely keep up with posting new stuff so I couldn't imagine posting as you go along. Evernote is also used to organize post.
There are facebook groups about virtual parties for more information.

I've done several virtual parties. Sperts is right; virtual parties and Facebook parties are the same thing. Just like sperts I take bits and pieces from the party outlines shared by others and rewrite them so they sound like me. I usually add my own pictures, too. I keep them in an Evernote note, but a Word document would work as well. I posted live for my first several shows, but then I discovered CinchShare. I use it to get most of the posts scheduled. I post responses (of course) and the winners live. I have my phone nearby, but all of my posts are done with my laptop. The issue you brought up about freezing is one of the reasons I love using CinchShare. Any other questions? Clarifications?

Thanks to both of you for your posts. For these programs to do you have to cut and paste or you do everything within that site somehow. I'm confused (easily done) how it gets to FB

actually virtual is my understanding the 1 hour facebook shows. whereas, when using facebook it's the 3 days to 1 week long facebook event.... I could be wrong... but that's how I"ve been doing it.

Toni Monsen said:
Thanks to both of you for your posts. For these programs to do you have to cut and paste or you do everything within that site somehow. I'm confused (easily done) how it gets to FB
With CinchShare you can do either. You can also import links. It's great. I am a CinchShare Brand Ambassador. If you'd like to check it out, my link is: http://bit.ly/CinchRae Use the code CSFree and you'll get 37 days free. (Normal cost is $10/month.)

I use Hootesuite to schedule my post in advance and its FREE

Hootesuite is good. I find CinchShare to be more user-friendly for me. Plus, I can schedule in events and groups. Last time I used Hootesuite you couldn't do that. I also can't remember how far out you can schedule with Hootesuite. It's up to 2 months with CinchShare.

1. What is the main difference between Facebook and virtual events?

The main difference between Facebook and virtual events is the platform they are hosted on. Facebook is a social media platform where users can connect with friends and family, share content, and join groups. Virtual events, on the other hand, are online gatherings that take place on a specific platform or software, typically for a specific purpose or event.

2. Can Facebook be used to host virtual events?

While Facebook does have features that allow for live streaming and virtual gatherings, it is not specifically designed for hosting virtual events. Facebook's focus is on social connections, whereas virtual events platforms are specifically designed to facilitate online events and provide features like registration, networking, and interactive tools.

3. How does the level of engagement differ between Facebook and virtual events?

The level of engagement differs greatly between Facebook and virtual events. On Facebook, users may passively scroll through their feed and interact with posts, but the level of engagement is limited. Virtual events, on the other hand, offer various ways for attendees to interact with the event, such as live polls, Q&A sessions, breakout rooms, and networking opportunities. This allows for a more engaging and interactive experience for attendees.

4. Are virtual events more expensive than using Facebook for events?

The cost of hosting a virtual event depends on the platform used and the scale of the event. While Facebook may be a free platform to use, hosting a virtual event on a dedicated platform may require a fee. However, virtual events can also save money on expenses such as venue rental, travel, and accommodation, making them a more cost-effective option in some cases.

5. Can virtual events reach a larger audience than events on Facebook?

Facebook has a large user base, but virtual events can potentially reach a larger audience. Virtual events are not limited by geographical location, and attendees from anywhere in the world can join. Additionally, virtual events can also be recorded and shared after the event, allowing for a wider reach and potential for future engagement. However, promoting and marketing the event is essential to reach a larger audience for both Facebook and virtual events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
twiggy4joe
  • PampChefJoy