• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Ideas for Facebook-Only Parties!

In summary, Noora is promoting a Facebook party in which she posts recipes and tips until it closes. She has had one order so far, and finds that posts "liked" but not purchased result in more participation.
The guest that wanted me to stop sending things sent me a pm today. It said "Apology accepted. You have a great product, I just cannot afford it!" I was tempted to reply with the list of all products under $20.

byrd1956 said:
So now I have another question. I go to edit on the show event and type in the host's name, hit save and it never saves. Haven't had this problem before.... Any suggestions?

I have tried in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Can't make any host the host. Are there any saavy fb event people out there??

byrd1956 said:
I have tried in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Can't make any host the host. Are there any saavy fb event people out there??

Under the settings of the event (the spokes like wheel on the upper right of the event), you can add administrators/hosts.

darlinclem said:
Under the settings of the event (the spokes like wheel on the upper right of the event), you can add administrators/hosts.
nothing is listed there and now all the posts I have made in any of the shows are gone! anyone else having this happen??

darlinclem said:
it is not there and now the posts I have already made in shows are not there.....

byrd1956 said:
not sure where to post this
I had a host's show as a FB event and had been posting recipes, etc. She just closed her show so I have not cancelled the event. 13 hours ago someone posted on my page
"Stop sending me things!" I have only posted and not sent anything. I am wondering if since she was 'invited' she kept getting the posts in her news feed. I did send her a private apology message saying I had not sent any thing to individuals and only posted on the host's party page. I do not expect to hear from her and really do not need to. Am I misunderstanding this? Do the posts go directly to the guests the host lists?

I too have gotten this kind of reaction from the guests who were invited. I simply did what you did and I apologized through their public comment as well! I never meant to upset anyone. I also posted a polite post to the rest of the other guests advising them that I do post daily with recipes and "products/gift sets of the day" (which has increased the total sales through FB parties to beat out my actual cooking parties) and let them know that if they didn't want to see the posts or be bothered with the notifications that they could message me privately so that I can remove them from the invite list or they can simply hit decline in the event itself. I now use a simple disclaimer from the get go. I had one person who cursed me out in a private message and made me feel really low but I apologized, removed him from the party and went on my merry way! By the way that FB party hit $722 in guest sales! My host was so thrilled!

Thank you for the ideas, I was looking for games to play. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know about them! So far I did the first order gets $5.00 off. I am ready to play a game so I can get more participation.

nikked said:
My SD is doing them right now, and is allowing us to shadow one of them for ideas. Here is the banner/photo she uses (I'm quite certain she got it from another source, but don't know originator)...

I'm curious to hear what other people are doing with these! Thanks for starting a thread!

This is great...I love the Banner!!!!:thumbup::chef::rolleyes:

I have been very resistant to doing Facebook shows because I have to say I get sick of seeing the posts from other Consultants with whom I am friends. It is a real pain especially on my Blackberry where I have very little control over blocking posts. I am friends with several other Consultants who seem to do incessant Facebook shows and they post status update after status update telling people it's the last chance to order on So-and-so's show! Over it!

mspibb said:
I have been very resistant to doing Facebook shows because I have to say I get sick of seeing the posts from other Consultants with whom I am friends. It is a real pain especially on my Blackberry where I have very little control over blocking posts. I am friends with several other Consultants who seem to do incessant Facebook shows and they post status update after status update telling people it's the last chance to order on So-and-so's show! Over it!
Those consultants need to run the shows from their personal FB profiles and set the privacy status of them to "invite only." That way, you won't see the incessant postings.

When I try to post (as consultant)in an event I have on my page I cannot get to the event page. When I click it just shows the swirly thing like it is going to the page. When I go to the event as myself it goes right away and I can make a post. Never had this problem before and just started a couple days ago. I've always been able to pot on the events as consultant. Thank you to anyone that can help me with this.

bummer, I guess no one can help me....
now when I make a post in the event page it says I am posting as the consultant, but the image is me as myself!
Anyone out there tech saavy??

Last edited:
and when I try to go to an event page from my PCFB page (logged in as consultant) it says page cannot be displayed

babywings76 said:
Do you think it's better to have these set up as events on your business page, or have the host get it started as an event on their profile and then they add you as an administrator? (Is that even an option if you aren't FB friends?)

The reason I ask is because I was wondering if other people who like my FB page would be turned off by seeing all the posts in regards to someone's FB party. KWIM?

I've only done a couple of FB parties so far, but I set it up from my personal page. I gave info for my business page. I play a points game and gave people points for "liking" my business page. I post different things on a FB show than on my business FB page that I would only want guests to see. Both parties closed around $300

<H2>1. What is a Facebook-only party?</H2><p>A Facebook-only party is an online event hosted by a consultant on their Facebook page. It allows guests to participate in a party without having to physically attend, making it convenient for those with busy schedules or who live far away.</p><H2>2. How does a Facebook-only party work?</H2><p>The consultant will create an event on their Facebook page and invite guests to attend. The event will have a set closing date and during that time, the consultant will post tips, recipes, and product information for guests to engage with. Guests can comment, ask questions, and place orders through the event page.</p><H2>3. Can I participate in a Facebook-only party if I don't have a Facebook account?</H2><p>Unfortunately, Facebook-only parties can only be accessed through a Facebook account. However, you can still place an order through the consultant's website or by contacting them directly.</p><H2>4. Are there any benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party?</H2><p>Yes, there are several benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party. For hosts, it allows for a more flexible schedule and the ability to reach a larger audience. For guests, it's a convenient way to shop and learn about new products without having to leave their home.</p><H2>5. How can I make my Facebook-only party successful?</H2><p>To make your Facebook-only party successful, be sure to promote it through all your social media channels and invite as many people as possible. Keep your posts engaging and interactive by asking questions and encouraging guests to comment. Offer exclusive deals or discounts to incentivize orders, and don't forget to follow up with guests after the party to thank them and offer any additional support.</p>

1. What is a Facebook-only party?

A Facebook-only party is an online event hosted by a consultant on their Facebook page. It allows guests to participate in a party without having to physically attend, making it convenient for those with busy schedules or who live far away.

2. How does a Facebook-only party work?

The consultant will create an event on their Facebook page and invite guests to attend. The event will have a set closing date and during that time, the consultant will post tips, recipes, and product information for guests to engage with. Guests can comment, ask questions, and place orders through the event page.

3. Can I participate in a Facebook-only party if I don't have a Facebook account?

Unfortunately, Facebook-only parties can only be accessed through a Facebook account. However, you can still place an order through the consultant's website or by contacting them directly.

4. Are there any benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party?

Yes, there are several benefits to hosting or attending a Facebook-only party. For hosts, it allows for a more flexible schedule and the ability to reach a larger audience. For guests, it's a convenient way to shop and learn about new products without having to leave their home.

5. How can I make my Facebook-only party successful?

To make your Facebook-only party successful, be sure to promote it through all your social media channels and invite as many people as possible. Keep your posts engaging and interactive by asking questions and encouraging guests to comment. Offer exclusive deals or discounts to incentivize orders, and don't forget to follow up with guests after the party to thank them and offer any additional support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • raebates