• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Facebook Parties for Direct Sellers: Tips and Tricks for Success

In summary, the conversation is about using Facebook for online parties for Pampered Chef. The participants are discussing whether to use a personal profile, a page linked to their personal profile, or a separate business account. They also mention using groups and a posting program called Cinchshare. One participant suggests adding a "temp guest-spouse" to the group, while another wonders if they have to friend their hosts and then unfriend them. They also mention the option of creating a group through their business page.
Jules711
Silver Member
I have sold PC for a long time, but have stepped back a bit in the last years. I love the idea of online parties, but while I use Facebook, I'm not sure how to set up parties. First, I have a PC page linked to my personal profile b/c that's how I understood we were supposed to do it when it was first allowed by PC. However, I keep seeing things about friending my host and such, which you don't do from a page...right? They can like my page, but that's about it. So...is everyone setting up a separate profile for PC or doing it from their personal profile? I've looked through some info and their is a lot of great stuff out there. But I'm missing this first step each time. Any help is appreciated. I feel I'm missing a good alternative and don't want to jump in until I'm sure I can do a good job. I've had hosts do their own PC party from there profile and I jump in and comment, but I don't think that's enough.THANK YOU for any help here!!!

Wish I could help. I seem to be in the same boat and really need to get on board! I am in a position where doing home parties is not as easy due to personal circumstances. I will be watching too!

I've been selling for 9 years and doing mainly Virtual Facebook parties for the last year, very successfully. I've had to cut back on home parties for health reasons. Join some of the facebook groups for virtual parties. I set up the party group and then use the posting service of Cinchshare. I add my host to the group and then have her add her friends and family. I run a 9 day party and have had my highest sales in 9 years. Look for me on Facebook as Linda Swiatek Ulaszewski - send me a friend request. I have a party closing today that I can add you to and 3 more starting next Saturday (I didnt want to compete with July 4th celebrations) There is so much help out there and I will honestly tell you that Im approaching 70 yrs old so I needed a ton of help! LOL

My main first question is where do you do the parties from on Facebook. A personal account or a page attached to your personal account? Or a separate business account?

I'm in the same boat! Need to figure it out. Following this discussion.

Jules711 said:
My main first question is where do you do the parties from on Facebook. A personal account or a page attached to your personal account? Or a separate business account?
I only have my own personal facebook page. I do a group for each party - just go to groups and title it - Mary's Marvelous Pampered Chef Party (example) and add a spouse or friend and set it up....I add the host the day we start the posts and she adds her guests. I then remove my "temp guest-spouse" and start posting

Please friend me on facebook so I can add you to the groups.....its so easy once you see it in operation. Ask to join the New Pampered Chef Virtual Party Success Group - but you must have Pampered Chef in your facebook profile

I use Cinchshare which is a posting program. I can set up a 9 day party in less than 2 hours. I can then reuse those posts for my next party.

otisbg said:
and add a spouse or friend and set it up....I add the host the day we start the posts and she adds her guests. I then remove my "temp guest-spouse" and start posting
There must be a reason that you add this "temp guest-spouse". Can you easily explain that part?Assuming that you have to do this from your personal page, does this mean you have to friend your Hosts? Do you then unfriend them? I have no need to be "friends" with a ton of people -- I actually like to be picky.BUT a quick peek makes it look like I CAN create a group through my business page. Yeah!

chefjeanine said:
There must be a reason that you add this "temp guest-spouse". Can you easily explain that part?Assuming that you have to do this from your personal page, does this mean you have to friend your Hosts? Do you then unfriend them? I have no need to be "friends" with a ton of people -- I actually like to be picky.BUT a quick peek makes it look like I CAN create a group through my business page. Yeah!
You can only create a group with another person in it...hence the "temp addition" I choose not to add my host so early as they get anxious and start adding people before I am ready to have them do so. Many people only read or listen to half of what you tell them. I do have to friend all my hosts and keep them as friends and reap much repeat business from them. I also keep my groups once the party is done and often post in them a year later about an outlet update or HWC. I dont use facebook for alot of personal things so I have no problem about having alot of Facebook "friends"

Okay...that's my main issue. It seems most of what I see is happening on a personal account. I have a business page off of my personal account so not all my friends see my posts unless they have liked my page. I can't add people, but they can like my page and I can set up an event. I do not want to friend all of my PC customers where they see personal posts. If, however, I set up another separate account just for PC, then I could. It would just be more confusing when logging into Facebook. This just seems to be a non question/concern. Thank you for taking the time to answer this!!

otisbg said:
Please friend me on facebook so I can add you to the groups.....its so easy once you see it in operation. Ask to join the New Pampered Chef Virtual Party Success Group - but you must have Pampered Chef in your facebook profile
I sent a request in for this FB Group, but it's still "pending." :( I also just friend requested you... I started a FB party 3 days ago, and no one has made a purchase. :( I've ran B1G1 flash sales, played games, you name it... the hostess is participating. I even have some friends added who are participating to try and garner more participation. It's a bust. :(

Tia H said:
I sent a request in for this FB Group, but it's still "pending." :( I also just friend requested you... I started a FB party 3 days ago, and no one has made a purchase. :( I've ran B1G1 flash sales, played games, you name it... the hostess is participating. I even have some friends added who are participating to try and garner more participation. It's a bust. :(
Hi Tia....I accepted your friend request and I added you to a party I just closed today....I'll be starting 2 more this week and will add you also. As far as requesting to join a Facebook group, you need to have Pampered Chef in your Facebook profile or they won't accept you. There are so many wackos out there who were joining groups and then trying to recruit for other companies ..many people won't order until the last day, and it is July 4 so many are camping and vacationing right now

Thanks for adding me to your party! I see we are doing pretty much the same thing... I am hoping that people just aren't shopping because of the holiday! She has over 100 people in the group. :( I am doing a 10% off sale all day today and a flash sale later. Fingers crossed. I did used to sell Partylite and did only home shows...and was quite successful. This FB stuff I thought would be easy, which it is easy to DO.... just getting everyone's attention seems difficult when they are bombarded with a million other posts from their friends throughout the day.I do have Pampered Chef on my profile. It's in my intro behind my first two full time things... Army and student.I guess all I can do is keep on keeping on! :) And hope for the best!

What are some specific things you do for host coaching? Do you ask them to be selective when inviting friends to their party group? All of my online parties have barely qualified. What has been your experience? Tell them to invite all their friends, or tell them to ask their friends who would like to be added to the group? (I know some people get ticked when they are added to groups they didn't ask to be a part of.)

s.cape said:
What are some specific things you do for host coaching? Do you ask them to be selective when inviting friends to their party group? All of my online parties have barely qualified. What has been your experience? Tell them to invite all their friends, or tell them to ask their friends who would like to be added to the group? (I know some people get ticked when they are added to groups they didn't ask to be a part of.)
I ask my host what they prefer. I have a pic they can post on their page saying they are having a party- who wants to be invited? OR I ask them if they know their friends and family and know who loves pampered chef. I can say that I keep track of how many guests are added ( I ask them to invite between 25-70) and how many we have at the end and I find that very few leave. The minute we book their party, I start telling them to talk it up. Sure I have parties that totally bomb, but very every failure, I have 3 that are submitted close to $500. Its the law of averages. You just bless and release and move on to the next

So just wanted to share my successes with Virtual parties. I create events not groups it is a personal preference but I prefer my hosts invite their friends not blindly add them. I personally remove myself from all groups I am added to without being asked. I have my hosts (bookings) friend me. I also use the posting program Post my party because I can share my monthly templates with my team and it is a quick 1 minute to create a show. I signed on 8/31/16 became a director 5/1/17 and do 98% virtual. I have currently booked 94 shows and only 7 have been home shows.

I coach all the way from the first interaction through the party. I send messages like: When you get a chance, post an invite on your page saying "I'm going to be hosting an online pampered chef party if you're interested in an invite, let me know!" With a graphic that says Hey, I'm having a party - want to be invited?When I get my group (or event) up and running I send a message that says "I just added you to your party group. When you get a chance, start personally inviting your friends to your group. (don't blindly add them - some people really dislike that!) I will start posting some teaser posts for you, and then really start posting on Sunday. It is really important for you to participate, interact and get your friends/family to participate too! The best parties are the ones where people play along just like they would if they were hanging out in person!"

Thank you all for this thread, I"m a brand new consultant and I have a lot of friends who are direct sales adverse. I'm looking for a way to generate interest not on my personal page and the best way to create parties. Does a VIP group work or is a business page better? I work a very demanding full time job so I intend to be a virtual consultant.

otisbg said:
I use Cinchshare which is a posting program. I can set up a 9 day party in less than 2 hours. I can then reuse those posts for my next party.
Sent you a friend request. Would love to start having virtual parties but very intimidated by it all.

thank u all for this thread. a long time I had the same problem.. now will try to solve it.

Last edited:
I got the same problem. I figured out that you can create a group only by having an open profile. Thus, it means that I had to create another profile but, managing 2 accounts simultaneously is a headache. However, I decided to move on instagram. It is much more easy to operate a business profile on instagram. Additionally, it has a big client base, customers will find you either by your name, location or hashtags. You can boost your popularity by using automatic followers and autolike to instagram posts , in consequence you will be on top in your category. You should try it, it's more convenient.

Last edited:

1. How do I host a successful Facebook party?

To host a successful Facebook party, you will need to plan ahead and engage your guests. Create a schedule for the party and stick to it, post engaging content such as games or product demonstrations, and be sure to interact with your guests by responding to comments and messages.

2. How do I invite people to my Facebook party?

To invite people to your Facebook party, you can send out invitations through Facebook or create a private event page. You can also reach out to potential guests through personal messages or by posting about the party on your personal or business page.

3. Can I offer discounts or promotions during my Facebook party?

Yes, you can offer discounts or promotions during your Facebook party. This can be a great way to incentivize guests to make a purchase. Just be sure to clearly communicate any discounts or promotions and include any necessary codes or links for guests to redeem them.

4. How do I handle payments for orders placed during the Facebook party?

You can handle payments for orders placed during the Facebook party by providing guests with a secure payment link or by invoicing them through a payment platform like PayPal. You can also offer a hostess rewards program where the host can earn free or discounted products based on the total party sales.

5. How do I follow up with guests after the Facebook party?

Following up with guests after the Facebook party is important to maintain relationships and potentially secure future sales. You can follow up by sending thank you messages or emails, offering personalized recommendations based on their interests, and inviting them to join any future parties or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smooz
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Jessica wall
  • Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Mammita001