1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Facebook newby

1. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I'm officially in the "real world" as my friends tell me. I finally joined Facebook, reluctantly. I don't like how I'm overweight, so there was no way I was going to put my face on, so I've avoided it. I put the kids on. I have two friends now!

2. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Good for you! I just joined a few months ago myself! I never understood the whole "social networking" thing before and couldn't care less about the My Space idea. Everyone around me thought I was nuts to not even have a FB page. I gave in to try it and I am still laughed at and mocked by my friends/family who see me glued to FB daily. ROFL Even I am surprised how much I liked it from the beginning.

I LOVE FB. I have connected with so many friends and family that I have lost touch with over the years. It's a really neat thing that brings people together (in a sense). I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. :D

Dec 30, 2009
  3. lockhartkitchen

Thanks Caressa. I've sent out messages for friends to join. Hopefully when people are awake and home from work tomorrow, they will join me. I'm feeling lonely at two. With one being my husband.

4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I just sent a friend request...
    look for vkotoff@aol.com
    LOVE the Penguins!!

Dec 30, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Request me as a friend too. Then it will ask me to give you suggestions so I can send one to 20 of the cheffers on there! You can then look over my friends and grab the cheffer names....

pcchefjane@bellsouth.net

Dec 30, 2009
  6. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

You can request me as well, Jewel Munfrada. I only have a couple chef friends! :(

Dec 30, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Just look for me - Becky Deemter. (Jewel - you can too! :D)

Dec 30, 2009
  8. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I'm on facebook also. You can find me under Laurie Gomez Athow.

Love to have my cheffer buddies as my friends!

Dec 30, 2009
  9. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

You can look for me too. Crystal Wiese

10. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2009
  11. Ginger428

Ahhhhhh.....Thats you!!!

Dec 30, 2009
  12. Ginger428

Look for me 2....Ginger

Dec 30, 2009
  13. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm Rae Black Bates. Tell me you're a Cheffer when you send me the friend request, though. It makes it easier for me to recognize you and add you as a friend.

Dec 30, 2009
  14. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

You can add me too! Mary Stinchfield

Dec 30, 2009
  15. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

You can add me if you like ... Diane Smith. (Others can too.) However .. .fair warning. FB is banned at work and sometimes it will take me days and days to answer. I have 143+ friends and have divided them into family, cheffers, high school alums, "church" family (current and former) work peeps and alums and everybody else.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no Farmtown, Farmville, Happy Aquarium or other such requests, though. I am busy enough as it is.

16. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

You can block those kinds of games, so that your friends don't get you as an option when they're sending "gifts" to friends.

Dec 30, 2009
  17. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

You can block those kinds of games, so that your friends don't get you as an option when they're sending "gifts" to friends.
    Noora, tell me how to do that--geez I have too many friends with too much time on their hands, I get a gazillion farmville, cafe-whatever,farmtown, etc. Drives me nuts! Email me and tell me how??? BTW, pics of Marcus and David reading were totally adorable

Dec 30, 2009
  18. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Julie: I just sent you a friends request! Anybody that wants to can FB me too--Nancy Collins, Orange, CA

Dec 30, 2009
  19. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Which one are you... I have options for Mary, Mary Gnatek, and Mary Ellen. Two with no pics and one of a little girl...

Dec 30, 2009
  20. lockhartkitchen

Thanks for everyone who wanted to be my friend! I couldn't find Becky or Nancy Collins. I hope the two of you can join me as friends, too. It's been fun finding friends. I did find that word spreads fast on facebook. I told a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, that I wanted a bunch of us to get together for my birthday in January. She posted the date to someone else (someone I'm inviting anyway. Hee Hee), but with Facebook, we may be reserving the whole pizza parlor.

21. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

I am the Mary Gnatek one.. with the little girl!!

Jan 2, 2010
  22. Ginger428

She is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!

Jan 2, 2010
Have something to add?