• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joining the Real World: My Facebook Journey

In summary, a group of friends discuss their experiences with joining Facebook, with one member expressing reluctance due to their weight and others eagerly connecting with old friends and colleagues. They also share tips and warnings about the various games and apps on the platform.
lockhartkitchen
I'm officially in the "real world" as my friends tell me. I finally joined Facebook, reluctantly. I don't like how I'm overweight, so there was no way I was going to put my face on, so I've avoided it. I put the kids on. I have two friends now!

lockhartkitchen said:
I'm officially in the "real world" as my friends tell me. I finally joined Facebook, reluctantly. I don't like how I'm overweight, so there was no way I was going to put my face on, so I've avoided it. I put the kids on. I have two friends now!
Good for you! I just joined a few months ago myself! I never understood the whole "social networking" thing before and couldn't care less about the My Space idea. Everyone around me thought I was nuts to not even have a FB page. I gave in to try it and I am still laughed at and mocked by my friends/family who see me glued to FB daily. ROFL Even I am surprised how much I liked it from the beginning. I LOVE FB. I have connected with so many friends and family that I have lost touch with over the years. It's a really neat thing that brings people together (in a sense). I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. :D

Thanks Caressa. I've sent out messages for friends to join. Hopefully when people are awake and home from work tomorrow, they will join me. I'm feeling lonely at two. With one being my husband.

lockhartkitchen said:
Thanks Caressa. I've sent out messages for friends to join. Hopefully when people are awake and home from work tomorrow, they will join me. I'm feeling lonely at two. With one being my husband.

I just sent a friend request...
look for [email protected]
LOVE the Penguins!!

Request me as a friend too. Then it will ask me to give you suggestions so I can send one to 20 of the cheffers on there! You can then look over my friends and grab the cheffer names....[email protected]

You can request me as well, Jewel Munfrada. I only have a couple chef friends! :(

Just look for me - Becky Deemter. (Jewel - you can too! :D)

I'm on facebook also. You can find me under Laurie Gomez Athow.

Love to have my cheffer buddies as my friends!

crystalscookingnow said:
You can look for me too. Crystal Wiese

Ahhhhhh.....Thats you!!!

Jewel said:
You can request me as well, Jewel Munfrada. I only have a couple chef friends! :(

Look for me 2....Ginger

I'm Rae Black Bates. Tell me you're a Cheffer when you send me the friend request, though. It makes it easier for me to recognize you and add you as a friend.

You can add me too! Mary Stinchfield

You can add me if you like ... Diane Smith. (Others can too.) However .. .fair warning. FB is banned at work and sometimes it will take me days and days to answer. I have 143+ friends and have divided them into family, cheffers, high school alums, "church" family (current and former) work peeps and alums and everybody else.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no Farmtown, Farmville, Happy Aquarium or other such requests, though. I am busy enough as it is.

Di_Can_Cook said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no Farmtown, Farmville, Happy Aquarium or other such requests, though. I am busy enough as it is.

You can block those kinds of games, so that your friends don't get you as an option when they're sending "gifts" to friends.

You can block those kinds of games, so that your friends don't get you as an option when they're sending "gifts" to friends.
Noora, tell me how to do that--geez I have too many friends with too much time on their hands, I get a gazillion farmville, cafe-whatever,farmtown, etc. Drives me nuts! Email me and tell me how??? BTW, pics of Marcus and David reading were totally adorable

Julie: I just sent you a friends request! Anybody that wants to can FB me too--Nancy Collins, Orange, CA

ChefMary412 said:
You can add me too! Mary Stinchfield

Which one are you... I have options for Mary, Mary Gnatek, and Mary Ellen. Two with no pics and one of a little girl...

Thanks for everyone who wanted to be my friend! I couldn't find Becky or Nancy Collins. I hope the two of you can join me as friends, too. It's been fun finding friends. I did find that word spreads fast on facebook. I told a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, that I wanted a bunch of us to get together for my birthday in January. She posted the date to someone else (someone I'm inviting anyway. Hee Hee), but with Facebook, we may be reserving the whole pizza parlor.

pcchefjane said:
Which one are you... I have options for Mary, Mary Gnatek, and Mary Ellen. Two with no pics and one of a little girl...
I am the Mary Gnatek one.. with the little girl!!

ChefMary412 said:
I am the Mary Gnatek one.. with the little girl!!

She is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!

1. How do I start my "Joining the Real World: My Facebook Journey"?

To start your "Joining the Real World: My Facebook Journey", you will need to create a Facebook account if you don't already have one. Simply go to the Facebook website and click on the "Sign Up" button. Follow the prompts to enter your personal information and create your account.

2. Is it necessary to have a Facebook account to participate in this journey?

Yes, having a Facebook account is necessary to participate in "Joining the Real World: My Facebook Journey". This journey is specifically designed to help you navigate and utilize Facebook for personal and professional growth.

3. How often will I receive updates and information about the journey?

You will receive updates and information about the journey on a weekly basis. These updates will be posted on the "Joining the Real World" Facebook page and will also be sent to your email if you have subscribed to our newsletter.

4. Can I invite my friends to join the journey with me?

Yes, you can definitely invite your friends to join the "Joining the Real World: My Facebook Journey" with you. This journey is open to anyone who wants to learn more about using Facebook for personal and professional growth.

5. Will there be any live sessions or events as part of the journey?

Yes, there will be live sessions and events as part of the "Joining the Real World: My Facebook Journey". These sessions will be announced on the Facebook page and will also be sent out through our newsletter. Make sure to stay updated and join us for these interactive sessions!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • pamperedlinda