• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Facebook Reach with These Tips | Join Our FB Liking Club!

In summary, Jen Fong recently did a http://www.jenfongspeaks.com/getting-your-posts-seen-in-the-new-facebook/ with tips on how to get your posts seen, and one of the suggestions was to "form a collective".
Re: Liking ClubThank you all for participating! I'm seeing all the likes on my page, and I'm seeing my impressions on many posts go up. Hopefully that means my customers are seeing the posts, too, not just the Liking Club. :D

Re: Liking ClubI'm so frustrated w/ FB! Even after creating a special list of only everyone's PC pages, and clicking on that list to view in my news feed, it still doesn't show me everyone's posts. Some people I see all of their posts, and others I see maybe one or none! I have to click on each person in the list and then I see a whole lot more!

Re: Liking ClubI "double" like everyone. This way, if you have a good post I want to use, it's on my fan page news feed too. I only like comments from my personal pages though.

Re: Liking ClubSo, I have just completed the 'liking assignment'! I have liked everyone's PC FB page that have posted on this post. It would be wonderful if I could be liked back as I don't have that many fans for my PCFB page and if I am reading things correctly my numbers are getting smaller...
My page is Robyn Helsel, Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roby...ultant-with-The-Pampered-Chef/137625629645091
I wish everyone a blessed Thanksgiving.

Re: Liking ClubI have created a PCFB pages list, but how to I find and add all of you to that so I can come back and visit to like you posts?

Re: Liking ClubYeah! I accidently found it....now when I need to find it again, will that happen?
Thank you to my 2 likes!

Re: Liking ClubI've been missing a bunch too. So I just went through & saved all of them in firefox with the names "Like 01", "Like 02", ... "Like 10", "Like 11", ... "Like 20" so that I can pull up each bogus name, check for new posts & move to the next page. LOL

Re: Liking Clubwhoops I just liked a page when I was working in my page! How do I unlike it so I can like it as myself??

Re: Liking ClubYeah! I figured it out and have not caught up as myself in liking everyone and liking comments today! Hope this helps all you CS cheffers FB status

Re: Liking ClubOne thing I noticed yesterday... since I have started liking the comments on everyone's pages, the posts are now showing up on my personal wall. Is that the way it helps get it in the top stories? I keep my Pampered Chef off of my personal FB. I guess I didn't really think about it showing those on my personal wall. lol

Re: Liking ClubI haven't noticed that yet, but only been doing this a few days; will keep watching. I have mine separate, too, but would appreicate it if someone could explain how this works.

Re: Liking Clubsince we're liking posts from our personal accounts, they will show up on your news feed. Keep in mind that only you can see what's on your news feed. What you post on your wall is what others see.

Re: Liking Club
Rhonda-Roo said:
One thing I noticed yesterday... since I have started liking the comments on everyone's pages, the posts are now showing up on my personal wall. Is that the way it helps get it in the top stories? I keep my Pampered Chef off of my personal FB. I guess I didn't really think about it showing those on my personal wall. lol

Any time you "like" a post, a note will appear on you FB profile, and it will show in the ticker on the right side for your friends. Here's my thought on it: Firstly, the ticker goes by really quickly, so most of your friends won't see them. Secondly, the "like" items will only show on your profile, not in your friends' news feed, so in order to see them, your friends will have to go to your profile. If someone is a good enough friend to actually visit your profile, they should be a good enough friend to know that you're a consultant, and come to you for their PC needs. If there's a bonus that someone is offering that I can't match for whatever reason, and a friend of mine sees it, and wants to take advantage, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Re: Liking ClubOhhh, I understand now. I didn't realize that all of that didn't go on their pages too. Thanks for explaining. I wasn't worried about someone seeing that I liked pages. I just didn't want to plaster everyone's wall with all of our PC posts. OK, back to reading & liking comments now. lol

Re: Liking ClubI have to figure out how to add this liking group. I'm having trouble finding everyone.

babywings76 said:
Did this post mean you were leaving FB?
I see the video on your page. Did you find it at the PC FB page? I was wondering how you got that posted. Hoping something like that is not too technical!

byrd1956 said:
Did this post mean you were leaving FB?
I see the video on your page. Did you find it at the PC FB page? I was wondering how you got that posted. Hoping something like that is not too technical!

Nope, I'm not leaving FB. :) That post was a blog type post someone made that gave people who were fed up and frustrated with FB some advice on how to adapt some things.

I found that video I posted from another PC friend who shared it from the PC page. To post things, I just open up the video and then copy and paste the page URL into a post and it brings it up. Does that help? If not, I can try to give you more step by step directions a little later.

KellerCooks said:
I have to figure out how to add this liking group. I'm having trouble finding everyone.

what you'll find out is that you have to go through this entire thread and individually "like" each person's page. We have all posted links to our pages. I personally "like" each page from my personal side and my PC Page. I do this to make "borrowing" good posts easier.

Once you have liked all of us, then the easiest thing to do is create lists. We are finding that if you have everyone on one list, posts still get lost. I have 6 PC Pages lists with 6 people per list. If you're having problems finding the pages to add to lists, I know there is a link at the bottom of page one or top of page two with instructions on how to create lists and edit them.

Hope this helps.

babywings76 said:
Nope, I'm not leaving FB. :) That post was a blog type post someone made that gave people who were fed up and frustrated with FB some advice on how to adapt some things.

I found that video I posted from another PC friend who shared it from the PC page. To post things, I just open up the video and then copy and paste the page URL into a post and it brings it up. Does that help? If not, I can try to give you more step by step directions a little later.

Thank you! I think I understand and when I get around to trying it I'll look up this post. Gotta go 'like'!

Re: Liking ClubI also started a "pages" group so they are show up in a group and not so much on my private page.

lt1jane said:
what you'll find out is that you have to go through this entire thread and individually "like" each person's page. We have all posted links to our pages. I personally "like" each page from my personal side and my PC Page. I do this to make "borrowing" good posts easier.

Once you have liked all of us, then the easiest thing to do is create lists. We are finding that if you have everyone on one list, posts still get lost. I have 6 PC Pages lists with 6 people per list. If you're having problems finding the pages to add to lists, I know there is a link at the bottom of page one or top of page two with instructions on how to create lists and edit them.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, what I meant was the "list". I have "liked" a bunch of pages, and add more as they add me. Then I like all the status updates, photos, etc. that come up in my news feed. Certain people come through all the time but others still don't come through, so I need to make the list so I can find them all and like them regularly.

Re: Liking ClubI decided to permanently delete my facebook account, which I'm assuming my page will be gone too. I am going to edit my earlier post in this thread to delete my link from it so no-one wastes their time clicking it.

Last edited:
Re: Liking ClubThis should help you with creating the "lists"

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=6afc78eea2339e9c047ab6748b0d37e7&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chefsuccess.com%2Ff105%2Fliking-club-70627%2Findex2.html&v=1&libid=1322664927630&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allfacebook.com%2Ffacebook-subscription-lists-2011-10&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chefsuccess.com%2Ff105%2Fliking-club-70627%2Findex4.html&title=Liking%20Club%20-%20Page%202%20-%20Pampered%20Chef&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allfacebook.com%2Ffacebook-...-lists-2011-10&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13226649360391

lt1jane said:
since we're liking posts from our personal accounts, they will show up on your news feed. Keep in mind that only you can see what's on your news feed. What you post on your wall is what others see.

So, I now have a question. Posts from a page I have liked is showing up on my page, but not from all the pages I have liked. Is there a way to get this to not happen?

Re: Liking ClubJust a friendly reminder that make sure when you click "like" on people's posts and pictures, that you aren't logged in as your page. Please be sure you are going to appear to be a person, not another PC consultant.Also, it's okay if you borrow things from my page, but please click the "like" button of the picture, recipe, or post before you post it on your own. Thanks! :)

Re: Liking ClubHow do you make a pages group?

And my apologies Amanda – I think it might have been who messed up and liked as a page a few days ago. I'm still trying to work this whole thing out!

KateInTheKitchen said:
How do you make a pages group?

And my apologies Amanda – I think it might have been who messed up and liked as a page a few days ago. I'm still trying to work this whole thing out!

I'm not sure if you did, it was someone else I noticed this morning, but I don't want to point fingers or call anyone out on it. It's okay, really, I'm not mad or anything. So, no worries--It's hard to learn everything right off the bat. :) In general, I've seen people do it on my page and others every once in a while, so I just thought I'd mention it here as a friendly reminder.

To make a pages group, go to your "home" page. On the left side column, you'll see "lists" at the bottom. Hover over that and the word "more" shows up. Click on that. Then a page shows up that shows all your lists. At the top, there's a button that says "create list". Then you can name it and select friends to add to that list. To add PC pages, you'll need to click the top left drop down menu that should default to say "friends". Click that menu and then change it to say "pages". Then all the pages will appear and you can select the ones you want to add to that list.

I've just created several lists (named the PC1, PC2, etc) and put 5 people's pages on each list. I found that putting them all on one list wasn't working well. I was missing a lot of people's posts. So now from my Home page I can select the list I want to view posts of and then see everyone better.

Hope that helps! :)

Re: Liking Clubhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Dina-Atnip-Director-Pampered-Chef just started mine so it looks dim with nothing so help me please.

Re: Liking ClubSo now I have a question. When I make a post on my FBPC page it is not showing up on the FBPampered Chef pages. What do I need to do to make it show up there? That is usually where I go first to click likes on everyone. Then I check each consultant FB page to click like on their post. I try to do this everyday. I have noticed that my page is down by about 40%. Any advice?

Re: Liking ClubGive up need more lesson on the computer to get it up I am doing what it says must me the operator LOL

Re: Liking Clubtry Dina Atnip Director Pampered Chef see it that pulls up I have one follower something worked somewhere

byrd1956 said:
So now I have a question. When I make a post on my FBPC page it is not showing up on the FBPampered Chef pages. What do I need to do to make it show up there? That is usually where I go first to click likes on everyone. Then I check each consultant FB page to click like on their post. I try to do this everyday. I have noticed that my page is down by about 40%. Any advice?

Some have noticed that even with the lists, they are not seeing all the posts from all the members of their lists. Solutions I've heard have been to create multiple lists, each with no more than 5 pages, or to add the pages to your browser's favorites, and visit each page individually that way.

Re: Liking ClubDina, I have liked your page!
Noora,I usually can find everyone's (at least I think it is everyone) posts to like. I just am wondering if mine are really showing up.

Re: Liking ClubWe've been doing this for a while now. Have any of you taken stock of what you are posting? Are all of your posts PC related and/or PC commercials? I remember when we were first allowed to do PC on FB in the training, they highly recommended that you don't drown everyone with PC posts.

There is a reason why I post so many tips and hints. I have gotten a lot of good feedback from people about them. They like the fact that while they know I sell PC, I have a lot of good infomation they can use and they don't feel like every post from me is "Please buy something from me or have a party." It's very easy for someone to hide all of your posts and you won't even know they've done it. They do this because they see every post from you or your page as a commercial to buy PC stuff. I want to be seen as a resource of good information and the person to come to when they need PC products. I try to keep my PC specific posts about specials and products to once weekly. Generally at the start of the month I will share the specials and not mention them again. Sharing recipes I do not consider to be PC specific as you do not have to have all of the tools mentioned in a recipe to make it successfully. For PC specific spices, there is always a cook's tip that tells you how to substitute something else in place of the PC item.

CK does an excellent job of posting interesting information daily that has nothing to do with PC other than the fact that the posts are all (usually healthy) food related. I'm not telling anyone that what they are doing is wrong, don't do it because they won't get results, I'm just trying to give everyone some food for thought. It's something I've noticed...

lt1jane said:
We've been doing this for a while now. Have any of you taken stock of what you are posting? Are all of your posts PC related and/or PC commercials? I remember when we were first allowed to do PC on FB in the training, they highly recommended that you don't drown everyone with PC posts.

There is a reason why I post so many tips and hints. I have gotten a lot of good feedback from people about them. They like the fact that while they know I sell PC, I have a lot of good infomation they can use and they don't feel like every post from me is "Please buy something from me or have a party." It's very easy for someone to hide all of your posts and you won't even know they've done it. They do this because they see every post from you or your page as a commercial to buy PC stuff. I want to be seen as a resource of good information and the person to come to when they need PC products. I try to keep my PC specific posts about specials and products to once weekly. Generally at the start of the month I will share the specials and not mention them again. Sharing recipes I do not consider to be PC specific as you do not have to have all of the tools mentioned in a recipe to make it successfully. For PC specific spices, there is always a cook's tip that tells you how to substitute something else in place of the PC item.

CK does an excellent job of posting interesting information daily that has nothing to do with PC other than the fact that the posts are all (usually healthy) food related. I'm not telling anyone that what they are doing is wrong, don't do it because they won't get results, I'm just trying to give everyone some food for thought. It's something I've noticed...

I am with you I have been posting tips on cooking when I started my FB and I have also had much success with it.
I find the CK does post alot of interesting things by posting links to food blogs and also getting into the Foodie FB communtiy of pages. And that is how she gets all of those likes :)

lt1jane said:
We've been doing this for a while now. Have any of you taken stock of what you are posting? Are all of your posts PC related and/or PC commercials? I remember when we were first allowed to do PC on FB in the training, they highly recommended that you don't drown everyone with PC posts.

I agree with you! I have noticed it too. I try to keep my "PC commercials" to a minimum. I post kitchen tips, a few PC recipes, and also non-PC recipes. There are a few consultant pages that I see who are like yours and mine. It is something to think about for those that only post PC commercials/ PC related.

Re: Liking ClubI took that training and try and do mostly tips and/or recipes with an occasional "promo". I have gotten positive feedback from some of my kitchen tips and I want people to learn from what I can post versus make them feel like I'm a walking PC commercial :)

Re: Liking ClubI never thought about my posts being commercials; I will have to go look with 'new eyes'. I do try to delete past post that are related to events and specials. I leave all my recipes and if someone has given a type of feedback I leave that too. I have not posted lots of tips, as I don't have a file of tips. I will have to look at all the tips other consultants are posting. I am hoping that since we share alot here that if I have liked the consultant's page they won't mind if I borrow their tips. (maybe I can add them to a word document for a tip file) I have mentioned that I got some information from consultant friends.

<h2>1. How can I increase my Facebook reach after the latest update?</h2><p>One way to increase your Facebook reach is by forming a collective with other Facebook users. This involves creating a group of friends who agree to like each other's posts, as posts with more likes are more likely to show up in the Top Stories section. You can also try following the tips provided by social media expert Jen Fong, such as using engaging content and posting at optimal times.</p><h2>2. Why have my impressions decreased since the update?</h2><p>The latest Facebook update has implemented the "Top Stories" feature, which shows users the most popular and relevant posts in their newsfeed. This can result in some posts being seen less frequently, leading to a decrease in impressions. However, by following the tips mentioned above, you can increase your chances of appearing in the Top Stories section and reaching more people.</p><h2>3. How can I see more variety in my newsfeed?</h2><p>If you're tired of seeing the same posts over and over again in your newsfeed, you can create lists to filter your content. One option is to create a list that includes all your friends, which will show you the posts in chronological order instead of the Top Stories section. You can also create a separate list for pages you like, so you can keep up with their updates without them getting lost in your regular newsfeed.</p><h2>4. Can I force my fans to use the same lists as me?</h2><p>Unfortunately, you cannot control how your fans view their newsfeed. However, you can encourage them to create lists of their own, or you can suggest that they follow your page's updates by selecting the "See First" option under the "Following" tab on your page.</p><h2>5. Can I find a list of Pampered Chef Consultants' Facebook pages?</h2><p>Yes, you can find a compilation of Pampered Chef Consultants' Facebook pages on this thread. Simply visit each page and hit the "Like" button, then create a new list to add these pages to. This will allow you to easily view all the updates from these pages in one place, without having to individually visit each page every day.</p>

1. How can I increase my Facebook reach after the latest update?

One way to increase your Facebook reach is by forming a collective with other Facebook users. This involves creating a group of friends who agree to like each other's posts, as posts with more likes are more likely to show up in the Top Stories section. You can also try following the tips provided by social media expert Jen Fong, such as using engaging content and posting at optimal times.

2. Why have my impressions decreased since the update?

The latest Facebook update has implemented the "Top Stories" feature, which shows users the most popular and relevant posts in their newsfeed. This can result in some posts being seen less frequently, leading to a decrease in impressions. However, by following the tips mentioned above, you can increase your chances of appearing in the Top Stories section and reaching more people.

3. How can I see more variety in my newsfeed?

If you're tired of seeing the same posts over and over again in your newsfeed, you can create lists to filter your content. One option is to create a list that includes all your friends, which will show you the posts in chronological order instead of the Top Stories section. You can also create a separate list for pages you like, so you can keep up with their updates without them getting lost in your regular newsfeed.

4. Can I force my fans to use the same lists as me?

Unfortunately, you cannot control how your fans view their newsfeed. However, you can encourage them to create lists of their own, or you can suggest that they follow your page's updates by selecting the "See First" option under the "Following" tab on your page.

5. Can I find a list of Pampered Chef Consultants' Facebook pages?

Yes, you can find a compilation of Pampered Chef Consultants' Facebook pages on this thread. Simply visit each page and hit the "Like" button, then create a new list to add these pages to. This will allow you to easily view all the updates from these pages in one place, without having to individually visit each page every day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ally44
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
lfg8764
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Suzanne Johnson