• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Advertise as a Pampered Chef Consultant on Facebook?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the frustration and confusion regarding the rule against advertising on the web for Pampered Chef consultants. While it is not allowed to advertise on any website other than the consultant's own Pampered Chef website, many are still breaking this rule and can easily be found on Facebook. Some believe that HO should monitor and enforce this rule more strictly, while others feel that it is up to each individual consultant to follow the rules. There is also frustration over the fact that some consultants are including illegal links to a recipe book in their Facebook ads.
cwinter474
Gold Member
I just want to be sure I understand this.

We are not allowed anywhere on the web, other than our own website, made thru Pampered Chef, to advertise that we are a Pampered Chef consultant.

Right?

ok, then why can you find consultants thru Facebook?

Because people don't follow rules.

cwinter474 said:
I just want to be sure I understand this.

We are not allowed anywhere on the web, other than our own website, made thru Pampered Chef, to advertise that we are a Pampered Chef consultant.

Right?
Yes you are right.
cwinter474 said:
ok, then why can you find consultants thru Facebook?

Because consultants are breaking the rules. Just like they break the rules by trying to sell on eBay, Amazon.com, Craigslist.com, just to name a few.

I can hear your frustration. And share it. All I can say is send the offenders to [email protected]. I just copy the URL of the page and include it in my email.

I am so fustrated right now with the select few that have to screw things up for the ones of us. The rule keepers, the consultants that just want to share information with each other the ones of us that aren't all about $$$$$. I think we are slowly becoming the consultant of the past. Making money is important, but let's not step on each other to do it.

I want to add, that I know that it is difficult to understand all of the rules when you start. I know that some people just don't know they are breaking the rules, that is why it is important to send the links to HO. HO can't inform consultants that are breaking the rules, if they don't know who is posting info on the web. Sure HO can do searches, but I'm sure it isn't easy finding all of the offenses.This is one rule that I really think needs to be explained clearly.

And the one about where we can and cant place print ads

Carol, are you referring to the pampered chef consultants who are selling your recipe file as a package with the dcb? I saw two PC'er's there.Plus there is one on ebay. selling a used dcb with the promise of sending the recipe file.The snowmen aprons are over 30.00 each now. plus one more was added today.I sell sewing patterns if anyone wants some! stuff left over from when my daughter was young.

I guess if HO was against posting on facebook then they would monitor it. all you have to do is search pampered chef in 'all postings' and a number of women come up with full ads, august, sept. specials, Carol's file of recipes, a christmas brochure on packages that I also saw here.

Maybe it's not so bad advertising on FB. I have an account, it doesn't cost anything. why not? I will ask the HO on Monday and see what they say.

the consultants posted there offer their full names, full color pictures of themselves, catalog pictures must be a success...

I quit after the first four.

It is a no-no but I do see people all the time blatenly advertising. I usually end up either defriending those people or making it so I cannot see their posts.

You can see by the "Similar Threads" at the bottom that this topic has been discussed endlessly before. Bottom line is that some people are not going to follow the rules, and there's not much we can do about it. For me, I keep check on my own integrity and leave it at that.

Sorry I didn't research this BEFORE I posted. Excuse me.

Judybabe said:
I guess if HO was against posting on facebook then they would monitor it. all you have to do is search pampered chef in 'all postings' and a number of women come up with full ads, august, sept. specials, Carol's file of recipes, a christmas brochure on packages that I also saw here.

HO doesn't have the staff to monitor the internet all the time. They rely on consultants to pass along violations.

cwinter474 said:

I don't think that was the way she meant it. Only that there are so many people blatantly breaking this rule, and it's so frustrating to those of us who try to do the right thing that the topic comes up often. I even had someone un-friend me on Facebook because I tried to warn her it may cause a problem with HO.

The fact consultants are including your recipe book in their illegal Facebook ads is especially upsetting, since it means at least one is a Cheffer, and should be very aware of the rules by now!

Judy- I wouldn't recommend it. Just because others are getting away with it doesn't mean it's right or ok. If you call HO they will tell you no, you can't list your PWS on FB or advertise on FB that you are a PC consultant, period.

In my opinion, HO doesn't care where or how you advertise as long as you sell and they make the money.... They have to have a policy manual, but really....why would they interfere if the money is coming in!

In my opinion, HO doesn't care where or how you advertise as long as you sell and they make the money.... They have to have a policy manual, but really....why would they interfere if the money is coming in!:grumpy:

Exactly! no different than any other business. But I'll post that on another thread to not deviate.

Chef Gilles said:
In my opinion, HO doesn't care where or how you advertise as long as you sell and they make the money.... They have to have a policy manual, but really....why would they interfere if the money is coming in!

Actually HO does care and takes it very seriously. They can cancel your consultant agreement. Ask any consultant that has been contacted by head office for advertising or linking etc on the internet and they will tell you it IS very serious. This had been talked about a millions times on here how serious HO takes breaking their advertising rules.

cwinter474 said:

I don't think Noora meant it the way you think. But this topic has been discussed a millions times and it sometimes leads to hurt feelings and disagreements.

The fact that somebody used your recipe collection that you spent time and energy putting it together and is profiting from it on Ebay is DISGRACEFUL!

If that person reads this......you suck!:thumbdown:

Kara, can I list my PWS (Personal Web Site?) or my affiliation with Pampered Chef on my outgoing emails? I have several email listings that I subscribe to that I could email my info, current sales and contact info. This involves several thousand recipients across the nation.

Judybabe said:
Kara, can I list my PWS (Personal Web Site?) or my affiliation with Pampered Chef on my outgoing emails? I have several email listings that I subscribe to that I could email my info, current sales and contact info. This involves several thousand recipients across the nation.

I'm not Kara, but yes you can use your PWS in your outgoing emails.

thanks! and thanks for sticking up for Carol!

Judybabe said:

I'd like to clarify this, because it came up in my area recently.

Having your info and website in an email you PERSONALLY send out is fine, even if going to a large list you are a member of (say, a YahooGroup). Of course, this depends on the group - if they have a "no commercial advertising" rule, you will need to remove the sig.

Having your info included in an email advertising service that you pay a fee for? That's a no-go. A consultant in this area took out an ad in a local email coupon advertising service. HO has apparently talked to her about it, because it's now been removed.

Personally, on FB I might mention "I'm working at a party" or "I just hit a sales goal with my business" or "I love my job". I specifically leave "Pampered Chef" off out of it. If my friends want to know more, they'll ask me. And, frankly, I don't like pushing my business in my friend's faces all the time - my blog and my FB account are for more than just advertising :)

Actually, having your PWS in an email signature that goes to a Yahoo/Google group is a violation, since the messages are usually archived and are searchable/viewable from the general internet.

rennea said:
I don't think Noora meant it the way you think. But this topic has been discussed a millions times and it sometimes leads to hurt feelings and disagreements.

I posted this in the other FB thread, but in case you miss it... My post was:

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I have been on the receiving end of an attack and an HO probe and I feel that I can speak with with a some degree of authority. Neither is pleasant. And, to make matters worse, I actually wasn't doing anything wrong. But, when you are reported, in my experience, I "guilty until proved innocent". I got a number of threatening emails from HO and I was really scared that my consultantcy would be taken away, and I had no idea why or even how to fix it. You would think if I wasn't doing anything wrong, I wouldn't have to worry, but I did.

Don't get me wrong. I used to report these offenders ALL the time until I got reported. I felt that it was my duty to report those violating the rules. If I didn't do it,who would? Once I was reported, I decided to let those who work for HO to do this. They have the time, resources and get paid to do it. When I do it, it costs me money. I decided that I would be better off focusing on other things: my business, and not getting angry with violators. I really don't mean to sound snotty, but I realized I was focusing my energy on these people and wasting my time, neglecting my business. Like I said, I don't want to offend anyone, that is not my intention, and I don't want to get into an argument, but sometimes its best to just say, "You know what? Winners never cheat and cheaters never win." They really don't. And, they have to live looking over their shoulders.

I am just trying to help someone else avoid what I went through (on both sides, I guess).

chefann said:
Actually, having your PWS in an email signature that goes to a Yahoo/Google group is a violation, since the messages are usually archived and are searchable/viewable from the general internet.

Thanks Ann I never thought of that!

chefann said:

Hmm, never thought about that. Then again, all the groups I send mail to are either private/member only access to archives, or require I not use the sig (biggest example here is Freecycle, which requires no commercial activity on the group).

1. Can I use Facebook to promote my Pampered Chef business?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not allowed to use Facebook or any other social media platform to promote your business. This includes creating a Facebook page, group, or event specifically for your Pampered Chef business.

2. Can I post about Pampered Chef products on my personal Facebook page?

While it is not recommended, you are allowed to post about Pampered Chef products on your personal Facebook page as long as it is not used for promotional purposes and you are not selling products directly through your personal page.

3. Can I join Facebook groups to promote Pampered Chef products?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not allowed to join or participate in any Facebook groups that are specifically created for promoting or selling Pampered Chef products.

4. Can I share Pampered Chef product images or links on Facebook?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not allowed to share any images or links of Pampered Chef products on Facebook or any other social media platform. This includes sharing images or links from the official Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I use Facebook to communicate with my Pampered Chef customers?

Yes, you are allowed to use Facebook to communicate with your Pampered Chef customers, but you must do so in a professional and respectful manner. This means avoiding any promotional or sales language and refraining from adding customers to groups or events without their consent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KateD
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
KateD
  • nene960