• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Illiterate: Understanding Friend Requests from Strangers

If you mistakenly accepted someone as a friend because you thought you knew them....can you "unfriend" them? Do they get notified of your action?If you accidentally hid someone...when you meant to hide their quiz results, how do you "unhide" them?Any insight is appreciated.
caraighan
Gold Member
Hi, all!!!

as described above, I'm "facebook illiterate"! I only joined because someone else (a friend) sent me a request. Now I really don't know what I'm doing! I've been on it for months and I still don't know! I don't really have time to spend on it learning. My friend is disabled and not working and has nothing better to do! I do!

My question for today is, how is it that I get friend requests from people that I don't know??? How do these people find me???

Thanks!!!

Some people seach "categories" and request friends. You can ignore them and only accept friends that you know. Now some people you might not think you know, but maybe you did in High School (now they have married names).

I have that same question!

I've had friend requests from people who I have no idea who they are, and we don't have any mutual friends...how do they find me, and why do they want to friend me?
I ignore them...:rolleyes:

Caraighan, if someone sends me a friend request, and I don't think I know them, I always check to see if we have mutual friends. You can do this by clicking on their name in the friend request, and either a box will come up which tells you how many mutual friends you have (you can also click to see who they are), or it will take you straight to their profile page, which, again, will tell you the mutual friends (on the left hand side of the page). I have alot of Cheffer friends on Facebook through this method.

Feel free to ask us any other questions - and, be sure to add me as a friend! Sarah Cutler Rodriguez.

pampchefsarah said:
Caraighan, if someone sends me a friend request, and I don't think I know them, I always check to see if we have mutual friends. You can do this by clicking on their name in the friend request, and either a box will come up which tells you how many mutual friends you have (you can also click to see who they are), or it will take you straight to their profile page, which, again, will tell you the mutual friends (on the left hand side of the page). I have alot of Cheffer friends on Facebook through this method.

Feel free to ask us any other questions - and, be sure to add me as a friend! Sarah Cutler Rodriguez.

I'll be sure to do that as soon as I figure out how!!! :D LOL Remember, I'm the illiterate one!!!

I hear you, I joined about a month ago and I have a TON of friends. Most are all the ladies here (you guys rock!!!) and it's hard to figure out who they are unless they put their CS name. Then I'm like - oh I know you!!
I have been having a blast!

PS you can always tell it's a cheffer because they use DH, DD, etc. and noone else knows what they are saying. LOL

If someone I don't recognize sends me a friend request I send them the following message:Hi, you've requested me as a friend. Unfortunately, I can't quite place you. Could you remind me how we know one another?By doing this you allow that person to see your profile for a while (a week? a month?), but it's worth it to me. I don't' want to miss out on someone I know, but I don't want a bunch of people I don't know on my FB news page, either.

I'm new to FB too....I was surprised by how many requests came my way....turns out some of your friends can also send suggestions to others to befriend you! LOL

I've just stop checking the requests for now because it is a bit overwhelming. I have 2 questions,

If you mistakenly accepted someone as a friend because you thought you knew them....can you "unfriend" them? Do they get notified of your action?

If you accidentally hid someone...when you meant to hide their quiz results, how do you "unhide" them?

Any insight is appreciated.

raebates said:
If someone I don't recognize sends me a friend request I send them the following message:

Hi, you've requested me as a friend. Unfortunately, I can't quite place you. Could you remind me how we know one another?

By doing this you allow that person to see your profile for a while (a week? a month?), but it's worth it to me. I don't' want to miss out on someone I know, but I don't want a bunch of people I don't know on my FB news page, either.

Can you do this without adding them as a friend? I don't know how to do ANYTHING on facebook!!!

Thanks!!

Yes you can unfriend them and no, they won't know.

And yes, you can send them a message like Rae mentioned without adding them.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
If you mistakenly accepted someone as a friend because you thought you knew them....can you "unfriend" them? Do they get notified of your action?

You can just delete them by going to your Friend list and clicking the X that appears when you hover your mouse over their name. They do not get notified.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
If you accidentally hid someone...when you meant to hide their quiz results, how do you "unhide" them?

You can scroll all the way to the bottom of your home page and there's a link to show hidden messages.

1. What does it mean to be "Facebook illiterate?"

"Facebook illiterate" refers to someone who is not familiar with how to use the social media platform Facebook. This could include not knowing how to create an account, post updates, or navigate the site.

2. Is being "Facebook illiterate" a bad thing?

No, being "Facebook illiterate" is not necessarily a bad thing. It simply means that someone is not familiar with using Facebook, which is just one form of social media. There are many different ways to connect and communicate with others, and not knowing how to use one specific platform does not make someone less capable or knowledgeable.

3. How can I become more "Facebook literate?"

If you want to become more familiar with using Facebook, you can start by creating an account and exploring the site. There are also many tutorials and guides available online that can help you learn how to use the different features and functions of Facebook.

4. Do I have to use Facebook to stay connected with others?

No, you do not have to use Facebook to stay connected with others. While it is a popular platform for communication and socializing, there are many other ways to stay in touch with friends and family, such as through text messaging, phone calls, or other social media platforms.

5. Can I still use Facebook if I am "Facebook illiterate?"

Yes, you can still use Facebook even if you are not familiar with all of its features. Many people use Facebook simply to stay connected with friends and family by posting updates and photos, without utilizing all of the features available. The more you use Facebook, the more comfortable and familiar you will become with it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Niki Kate
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pchockeymom