1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Facebook Application!!!

1. ughubug

ughubug Member

This girl, Amanda, has set up a facebook application to send your friends PC gifts WITH a link to her personal web site!!!!!!

Carol sent a Impressive! (Garlic Press) to Lynnette using Pampering Chefs Gifts

Send them the perfect "virtual" gift for their kitchen, then send it for real from my website

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    Sep 17, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Send a report to the HO with the link to her FB page.

Sep 17, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yes, you need to send it to pws_links@pamperedchef.com, and put FB violation in the subject line.

4. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

you can set up virtual games like farm on your FB page? I want to learn how to do that. Not with pc of course, but with rescue dogs. How can I find what she did before HO shuts her down?

Sep 17, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

just so you aren't adding to the flame- you probably should modify the link in your post- so it doesn't actually go to HER page.

Sep 17, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Bwah ha ha! You definitely have to give her two thumbs up for creativity. ;)

Sep 18, 2009
  7. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yep, she gets the prize tonight! :thumbup: ;)

8. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I got that too...must be someone I know! Very disappointed in them whoever it is!

Sep 18, 2009
  9. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Now I'm a little confused as to what exactly this is. Someone sent me a Pampering Chefs Gifts application gift. I didn't see any mention of a consultant or ordering online to anyone's website. I thought it was harmless and so I sent gifts out to some people too. Then I saw this and I started getting all nervous...cause my name is Amanda. :D But it's not me that she's referring to, so I was relieved. I went back to that FB application that was sent to me and that I sent out and I didn't see anything on there that was consultant specific or anything. Just showed great PC products.

So...I'm really confused as to what this girl did and if she created the whole thing, or if she tweaked it for her own website somehow or what.

So if you get a gift, it might not necessarily be someone doing what she did, it could be someone like me who is sending a gift thinking it's harmless (like the Flair buttons that say PC on them). Maybe I'm wrong though...someone correct me, please. :)

Sep 18, 2009
  10. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Amanda- The wrong thing is that she linked to her website.

Sep 18, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - I thought she was referring to you at first too, Amanda, since I'd gotten one from you, and I went back and couldn't find any link in it...and then I clicked the link on here and knew it wasn't you. Whew! I KNEW you wouldn't do that purposely!

Sep 18, 2009
  12. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

If it uses HO images, that's also a violation of copyright.

Sep 18, 2009
  13. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Becky, I love your quote! So OT, I know!

Sep 18, 2009
  14. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Phew! Glad to know it all checked out okay. I tell ya...my heart jumped when I read the original post and thought "Oh no! I did something wrong...they are totally going to kick me out of here!" :eek: :blushing: :D I hopped onto FB so stinkin' fast to check things out. Nothing like a little panic to keep me on my toes! :cool: And I appreciate your vote of confidence! :) :angel: :D

Sep 18, 2009
  15. patty42240

patty42240 Member

Don't you think it would be a nice gesture to send a private message to whomever it is that owns that facebook account and let them know that you were concerned that she has violated HO policy and encourage her to not post such advertisements on the web? Maybe she honestly is not aware that she is doing something wrong. I am sorry but sometimes some of you sound like you are so excited to *catch* someone doing something wrong and turn them in to HO. I am sure someone will comment about how we should all know better and it is our responsibility to know the rules etc but I would like to think we, as consultants, are *family* and are looking out for each other...not just out for ourselves. (just my humble opinion...consultant for 6 months)

Sep 18, 2009
  16. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Many of us have tried that approach, and have been treated HORRIBLY, called names (and worse), etc... by the persons violating the rules just for trying to be nice about it. The best thing to do is to let HO take care of it.

But if you'd like to do that....you can! :D

Sep 18, 2009
  17. Sheila

Patty, I had the same theory when I first joined this site. But unfortunately, not all offenders take the news with appreciation, they get mad. Some of the members on this forum have tried that route in the past and been bitten by the offender rather than thanked. It's easier for the offender to be mad at HO then to be out there complaining about YOU. Especially if you both do business in the same area where bad rumors about you could hurt your business. Does that make sense? It's better for HO to take on that battle rather than you wasting your time and energy in a debate with an offender.

Sep 18, 2009
  18. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Wait, a minute!!! I only sent Lynnette, my mom, a garlic press AFTER one was sent to my. I DID NOT set up anytype of game. And I sent it only to mom so that she could see it. MY PC WEBSITE IS NOT ON FACEBOOK ANYWHERE.

Sep 18, 2009
  19. Sheila

Is your name "Amanda Austin Schrof"? That's who they are talking about.

Sep 19, 2009
  20. pcchefjane

Interesting about the name... It now says, Amanda Lee (Amanda Dykes) as the Developer! She has her FB blocked except for friends! Not sure if it was "harmless" or not but to me, it was wrong to use proprietary images from HO considering that is an internet violation. Unless she is VERY brand new and did not get any training at all from anyone, she is well aware of the HO internet policies!

Anyone of you who sent these out, I know it was perfectly innocent! Amanda, I was thinking to myself, "No way is this our "babywings" Amanda! She would never do that!"

Sep 19, 2009
  21. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

The problem is that the original creator used HO images and if you send to someone is does mention her personal website. She has a line about if you want to send your friends gifts for real go to http://www.pamperedchef.biz/(her name)

Sep 19, 2009
  22. pcchefjane

Anyone still have a link to this application? I can't find it and wondering if she has taken it down. I did do a search on "Pampered Chef" and it told me there was 985 results including some from some of us on FB! ARGH!

Sep 20, 2009
  23. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

excuse me, panic mode struck

Sep 21, 2009
  24. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

It's still around...you just have to read the information to find it. I'd just let HO deal with what they need to as they wish.

Sep 21, 2009
  25. pcchefjane

Got a message back from "Amanda"! Here it is:

"Thank you for this warning! I really had no idea it would be so popular! I can't figure out how to deactivate it (or delete it for that matter) so my husband and I are going to take our own photos this weekend! Thank you again, God Bless!"

Can anyone tell me how to tell her to delete it! Guess there are some people out there who really are "innocent"!

Sep 22, 2009
Have something to add?