• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Add My Website Address to Someone Else's Facebook Page?

I don't know, "scam" aspect of Ebay really frustrates me.It seems like people are just looking to take advantage of others. And I don't think that Ebay does enough to prevent that. Plus, the shipping prices can be outrageous.I don't think Ebay does enough to prevent that. They just take the chance that HO won't find it and someone will be scammed.
Kelly8
I know the answer to this is probably on this website somewhere, but I'm running out of time, so if someone knows and can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
I have an out-of-state catalog show host. Can she put my website address on her facebook page? She moved out-of-state for work reasons, and so most of her friends and family are still here and they communicate a lot through facebook.
Thanks!

No she cannot list your website on facebook. It would still be against policy.

Tell her to Message everyone about her show and then it should be ok - i think!

Thanks so much! I really wish they would change that policy!

She can email your address out but nothing public.

Like everyone else said, have her send them a private facebook message! :)

it wouldnt be a broadcast public message to everyone on facebook so she why couldnt she.. its would only be in her circle of friends, not different then her sending an email..

I think as long as its a PRIVATE set face-book she is fine-Its just her friends-I say go for it--

Nah... it's not as private as we all like to believe. To be safe, say messages only. Why risk it?

people are way crazy in their legistics on all this web-drama.

If you have people on your facebook that are going to turn you into home office, I'd really evaluate who you let on your facebook.

Some people really have nothing more important to do :>

Why can't she send out e-vites through your PWS to her friends EMAIL addresses? Coach her on how to best utilize the PWS Host area to reach her friends. Surely she has their email addresses, even if they do communicate through Facebook. And if she doesn't have all of them, maybe she can ask them through Facebook private message for their email address so she can send them an evite. This wouldn't risk violating any HO Policy, regardless of what we all think about it. And she can still get her invites- PLUS it insures that her friends correctly get to her show through your website- so she gets the credit.

It is not the friends on FB that would turn someone in... HO monitors the web and if they can "search" and find your website somewhere on another website, FB, or MySpace, it is in violation of policy. If you have all your settings to "Friends only" (which is not the default BTW), you should be safe. It just depends on what your friends settings are.

A fundraiser can be put on the organization's website (maybe not facebook) with HO's permission. My daughter's animal rescue shelter's website advertises my personal website whenever she's doing a fundraiser.

I really wonder how much monitoring HO really does on this, I have seen MANY pc websites posted on a particular site, totally against policy, it is very public. I mind my own business, but wonder why people would do that when they know they can't. It will only hurt everyone else in the long run. I too would encourage her to use your PWS to do evites. That way all the freinds and family get notified of the party and can access the website. Easy and within the rules.

teresah551393 said:
I really wonder how much monitoring HO really does on this, I have seen MANY pc websites posted on a particular site, totally against policy, it is very public. I mind my own business, but wonder why people would do that when they know they can't. It will only hurt everyone else in the long run. I too would encourage her to use your PWS to do evites. That way all the freinds and family get notified of the party and can access the website. Easy and within the rules.

They do it because they know that HO probably won't find out about it unless someone reports them. So they take the chance and do it anyway in the hopes no one will and they can earn money and get some contacts in the meantime. If they are reported and notified, then they just remove it. They've accomplished something with it for the time they had it. *at least, that would be my guess as to 'why'*

I do think that HO searches, however, there are so many sites. I personally am so tired of eBay and people taking advantage of people on there. I see products all the time listed way over catalog price, and shipping is often outrageous. I know many of the big sellers on there aren't consultants, they just have consultants who are their suppliers. I think the consultant would know if they are someone's supplier. I think this is a loop hole they need to close.

I have a question...
On your FB profile can you write that you are a PC Consultant where you list your occupation? No web address or anything just "Occupation: Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef"
I see there is a Pampered Chef group you can join. Is that ok?

I feel very lost! LOL!

No, you cannot list that you are a consultant. There are a lot of PC groups on there, but if joining them would indicate that you are a consultant, you would be in violation of P&P.

I was always told prior to facebook/myspace but on any form or anything we were suppose to put our employment as PC. Because that is our employment.

StephsKitchen said:
I was always told prior to facebook/myspace but on any form or anything we were suppose to put our employment as PC. Because that is our employment.

But the rules about posting on the internet trump this.

I'm not saying HO's policy is up to date, but I am saying that we need to respect the policy until it is changed.

COns policy guide pg 38

"Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web
Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name
when filling out personal profiles on the Internet
."

smilesarepriceless said:

If you have people on your facebook that are going to turn you into home office, I'd really evaluate who you let on your facebook.

I so agree with you!

You are allowed to post as your employment, Independent consultant for a popular kitchen tools company. And if anyone wants more details they can ask you for them.

lol...Just my .02 cents... if we get technical... this website is public and WE ALL post here... and it isn't a Pampered Chef issued website ... so I guess every consultant on this site is in violation of the policy in one form or anything.

Just my .02 cents.

cookwithtiffany said:
lol...Just my .02 cents... if we get technical... this website is public and WE ALL post here... and it isn't a Pampered Chef issued website ... so I guess every consultant on this site is in violation of the policy in one form or anything.

Just my .02 cents.

Actually the consultant guide addresses chat rooms:

You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to
communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants
about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or
promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat
rooms, other than those created for communicating with
other Consultants.

And this site isn't public, we have to pay for it. Yes, people can see our posts, but they can only see a limited number of them, before they are promted to register. Also, because of this we are not to post our PWS link.

smilesarepriceless said:

I understand your point of view. However, I have the opposite view. If someone is openly, blatantly breaking the rules and expecting me to ignore that fact, I'd have to really evaluate whether or not I'd want them on my facebook. It's kind of like a person expecting me to look the other way while they shoplift a pack of gum. It may seem inconsequential, but it's wrong.

The rules are the rules. Whether we agree with them or not, by signing our contracts we agree to abide by them. I realize that people can accidentally violate a few of those rules. I once did. My son helped to set up my myspace and listed me as a PC Consultant under occupation. I didn't even know it was there. However, the moment someone let me know that it was there and was a violation, I changed it.

The HO gives people the benefit of the doubt and allows a certain amount of time before taking action. I think that's fair.

raebates said:
I understand your point of view. However, I have the opposite view. If someone is openly, blatantly breaking the rules and expecting me to ignore that fact, I'd have to really evaluate whether or not I'd want them on my facebook. It's kind of like a person expecting me to look the other way while they shoplift a pack of gum. It may seem inconsequential, but it's wrong.

The rules are the rules. Whether we agree with them or not, by signing our contracts we agree to abide by them. I realize that people can accidentally violate a few of those rules. I once did. My son helped to set up my myspace and listed me as a PC Consultant under occupation. I didn't even know it was there. However, the moment someone let me know that it was there and was a violation, I changed it.

The HO gives people the benefit of the doubt and allows a certain amount of time before taking action. I think that's fair.

Thanks Rae - that was well stated. I'd been thinking the same thing, but having a hard time getting it out into sentences. :)

pcchefjane said:
It is not the friends on FB that would turn someone in... HO monitors the web and if they can "search" and find your website somewhere on another website, FB, or MySpace, it is in violation of policy. If you have all your settings to "Friends only" (which is not the default BTW), you should be safe. It just depends on what your friends settings are.

It also depends who your friends are...... :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Rae - that was well stated. I'd been thinking the same thing, but having a hard time getting it out into sentences. :)
It took me a while to organize my thoughts and feelings on this one into something coherent.I realize there are those who will disagree. I may even ruffle some feathers. That's okay. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Question, When I go to Facebook and enter Pampered Chef is the search engine, the names of 500 consultants appear, ARE ALL OF THEM IN VIOLATION? It just means that they have employment listed as The Pampered Chef, mos allow only friends for access their page for viewing but their occupation is there for everyone to see. Just curious because if the rules are the rules than why such a high #?

Beth1170 said:
Question, When I go to Facebook and enter Pampered Chef is the search engine, the names of 500 consultants appear, ARE ALL OF THEM IN VIOLATION? It just means that they have employment listed as The Pampered Chef, mos allow only friends for access their page for viewing but their occupation is there for everyone to see. Just curious because if the rules are the rules than why such a high #?
The number is so high because some don't know the rules, some try to push the envelope and play the odds that they won't get caught, and some are blatant violators who, even when confronted by HO, will continue to post. Most people fall into the first 2 categories.

If you don't post your PWS anywhere (with the exception of HO-approved FRs, of course) and don't list the company name in your online profiles, then you don't need to worry.

I am a new consultant but I am very frustrated by this rule that makes no sense to me. Facebook and linkedin are virtual networking groups, what are the thoughts on when this may be changed?

In this age social networks are where people are connecting and networking with each. Yes I understand not dominating search engines etc, but the social networks and personal online profiles puts SERIOUS limitations on promoting efforts.

What is the reasoning why you are not allowed to promote your own business in your own established networks?

I do hope that plans are in the works to help Pampered Chef catch up with technology.

You have no control over what your host does without your permission. :)

Simply suggest that she message the info to her contacts.

I don't have e-mail addresses for most of my facebook contacts (and more than a dozen of those are FAMILY) and wouldn't expect a host to have it either.

Honestly, I think the policy is far behind the times, but regardless, you are not posting it. Your host is. If you get a warning letter, you can honestly say you didn't do it and request that she take it down.

Ok, not to take this on any further, but being very web-savvy, I'll let you know how HO finds 'violaters'.

They check to see the origina of the website visits. The HO can see how many times your PWS is viewed, and what links are clicked on the most. (These stats usually are viewable by the creator, but because that would be a HUGE undertaking with all the PWS out there, they are the only ones with that capability). They can also see what links the viewers clicked on to get to your website. When they see that several people are coming to your PWS by a certain link (they are probably notified if, say, a link is clicked more than 5 times to get to a PWS), then they investigate. If that link was anywhere on the web, (unless it's a fundraiser-allowed link), and not an email, you'll be notified.

I put up a link on my personal blog for a HWC fundraiser, thinking that was OK, and got busted!! :( So, be careful out there! I definitely think you could argue, though, for private messages sent on facebook. . .

Perry Phillips said:
I am a new consultant but I am very frustrated by this rule that makes no sense to me. Facebook and linkedin are virtual networking groups, what are the thoughts on when this may be changed?

In this age social networks are where people are connecting and networking with each. Yes I understand not dominating search engines etc, but the social networks and personal online profiles puts SERIOUS limitations on promoting efforts.

What is the reasoning why you are not allowed to promote your own business in your own established networks?

I do hope that plans are in the works to help Pampered Chef catch up with technology.

It is my understanding from my exec that this IS something they are working on. I don't know to what extent, but it is an outdated policy. I believe they realize that. They just need to create parameters to keep people from misrepresenting the company.

With the coming of social media, TPC had really take heart and make some exceptions to these rules. This is the new and perfered form of communications and other Direct Sell businesses are all over it. I get texts, emails, FB and Twitter blasts from consultants and feel a little behind when the best I can do is send a personal email. Yes, nothing is better than the personal touch, however, in the very, VERY CLOSE future, that personal touch may be reserved for the IPhone only.

Here is the complete policy;

Links to Your Personal Web Site
Consultants of every level are prohibited from linking to
their Pampered Chef® Personal Web Sites. This includes
both sponsored links and banner ads that you pay for, as
well as non-sponsored links that you don’t pay for. For
instance, if a friend posts a link on their family’s Web site
to your Personal Web Site, you would be in violation of this
policy. Additionally, any other form of advertising on the
Web is prohibited.
There are only two very specific exceptions to the
linking policy.
The first pertains to Fundraiser Shows. If you have a
Fundraiser with an organization that wishes to post a link
to your Personal Web Site on their Web site, you may
do so only with prior written approval from Consultant
Career Solutions. Fundraiser links may only be active for
60 days. All other linking to your Personal Web Site is
strictly prohibited.
The second exception pertains to personal electronic
communications. You may continue to include your Personal
Web Site address as part of your contact information or
signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently
available through your Personal Web Site and your personal
e-mails to your customers. These communications may link
to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic
mail pieces that may be developed by our licensed
merchandise vendor.
The ban on linking also prohibits the following:
• Listing or linking your Personal Web Site in Internet
directories or search engines, such as Google or Yahoo.
• Purchasing or using a separate domain name to re-direct
visitors to your Personal Web Site.
• Linking to Consultant’s Corner from any Web site.
• Linking to The Pampered Chef® corporate Web site
from any Web site.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your Personal
Web Site is not linked to any other Web site that violates
these policies.

Last edited:
Perry Phillips said:

I have to agree with this thought, that PC is WAY too far behind the times and they need to let loose a bit more.
Honestly, not allowing things to be more open is only going to hurt them in the Business World.
Nowadays, it is Social Network or Sink.
Honestly, it makes me wonder what they have to hide or what they are so afraid of.

I've seen tons of direct sales companies advertised on Facebook but I can't post anything about PC on mine. I have sent private messages to my friends and family if I'm closing a show and want to see if they need to add to the order. But I have several direct sale people on my friend list and they advertise all the time. Some have even asked me why I don't post things about PC and I have to tell them it's illegal. I think it's ridiculous that we can't post things like other companies. I've checked with others in direct sales such as PartyLite, Mary Kay, 31 Gifts, etc. and they get tons of leads and lots of sales from posting on Facebook. Looks like PC would appreciate all the business they can get, especially with today's economy. More sales not only help us but it helps them as well. Maybe they'll get with the technology age soon and it will be allowed for PC!

It also amazes me that I can give them a direct link to a PC fan page with PC logo and all and they correspond with me about it but have yet a month later had that person remove her page.. I check it daily and it is still there. I have emailed HO again about it and they said they would investigate further. Now if that person has been contacted and has refused to remove it and they have done nothing than why bother with the rules.. They don't go by them..

pcnm2010 said:
I have to agree with this thought, that PC is WAY too far behind the times and they need to let loose a bit more.
Honestly, not allowing things to be more open is only going to hurt them in the Business World.
Nowadays, it is Social Network or Sink.
Honestly, it makes me wonder what they have to hide or what they are so afraid of.

If you feel that way, then maybe PC isn't for you? Not trying to be mean, but I would think it would be hard to sell a product when you are that suspicious of the company.

Maybe there is some logic to why PC doesn't want us to use the internet. If we depend on getting sales online, then there would be less incentive to hold cooking shows. We lose that "personal touch." When we do shows, we introduce the business opportunity. And that is the whole idea behind PC--recruit-recruit-recruit.

1. Can I add my website address to someone else's Facebook page?

No, you cannot add your website address to someone else's Facebook page without their permission. Doing so could be considered spam and may violate Facebook's terms of service.

2. Is it okay for my out-of-state Pampered Chef catalog show host to add my website address to her Facebook page?

Yes, as long as she has your permission, it is okay for your out-of-state catalog show host to add your website address to her Facebook page. However, it is important to respect her decision and not pressure her to do so if she is not comfortable.

3. Why is it important to get permission before adding my website address to someone else's Facebook page?

It is important to get permission because adding your website address to someone else's Facebook page without their consent could be seen as spam and could damage your relationship with that person. It is always best to ask for permission and respect their decision.

4. Can my out-of-state catalog show host add my website address to her Facebook page even though most of her friends and family are still in the same area as me?

Yes, your out-of-state catalog show host can add your website address to her Facebook page even if most of her friends and family are still in the same area as you. As long as she has your permission and is comfortable doing so, it is okay for her to promote your business to her local network.

5. How can I get more exposure for my Pampered Chef business on Facebook?

One way to get more exposure for your Pampered Chef business on Facebook is to join Facebook groups related to cooking, kitchen products, or direct sales. You can also create a Facebook page for your business and share it with your friends and family. Additionally, you can collaborate with other Pampered Chef consultants and cross-promote each other's businesses on social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • urbnk8
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • WendyE