• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook and Pampered Chef....what Would You Do??

In summary, my sister found a paid advertisement on Facebook for a PC consultant that had the company logo and link. She was worried that it was unfair to the rest of us that follow the rules, and asked if I liked PC. The ad then had a link to the PWS for the consultant.
nene960
My sister sent me an email a few minutes ago and found a PAID advertisement on facebook for a PC consultant. She said it had the logo and and asked if you liked PC. It then had a link to the PWS for the consultant. What would you do??? I don't feel that it is fair to the rest of us that follow the rules.

Wow! report it to HO ASAP. How blatant or just very ignorant of the rules. And I'm not one to advocate turning in other consultants, but that breaks several policies.

The best thing you can do is to report it to HO: [email protected]

Let HO take care of it.

You must report it. I know some people get really ugly when you try to be nice and tell them. That's happened to me several times. However a paid ad is WAY BEYOND ignorant of policies!

always someone attempting get over on the rules..

My email crashed :( Who in HO should i call to report it??

Honestly, I'd do nothing. It's not our job to police this. HO employs people to do this.

And if the person is an exec or above they are allowed to use the internet to advertise---this whole thing needs to take a rest. If we spent as much time on our business as we do pointing the finger at people we think are breaking the rules we'd be a lot better off.

Nanisu said:
And if the person is an exec or above they are allowed to use the internet to advertise---this whole thing needs to take a rest. If we spent as much time on our business as we do pointing the finger at people we think are breaking the rules we'd be a lot better off.

Allowed to advertise on the internet, yes, but they are still not allowed to link to their websites.

For example, if that banner/ad clicked to a link that led you to a form to get more info, then that would be ok (if you were an exec or above), however, they're still in violation by linking to their website.

I would send in it to HO, personally.

The email address is [email protected]. Deb's right, in that HO has people to handle violations, but they do depend on the eyes of consultants to find them. Paying for advertising that includes a link is absolutely something that should be sent to HO. If you have a screen shot that includes the ad, include that in the email you send.

Nanisu said:

From the way I read the policy, that is incorrect. ED and above are allowed to use the internet to have a separate website for training and cluster purposes, but NOT for advertising their business.

Nicely said Ms. Collins!

They are obviously not doing their jobs at HO, b/c there are over 1,100 pages and groups on Facebook that have "Pampered Chef" in their title. They need to do more than they are doing, or figure out another policy so that it's fair to everyone. And they need to create a "Real" PC facebook page so they can report the rest to Facebook as "fakes". Overall, they need to get into the 21st Century!!!

cathyskitchen said:
They are obviously not doing their jobs at HO, b/c there are over 1,100 pages and groups on Facebook that have "Pampered Chef" in their title. They need to do more than they are doing, or figure out another policy so that it's fair to everyone. And they need to create a "Real" PC facebook page so they can report the rest to Facebook as "fakes". Overall, they need to get into the 21st Century!!!

ITA! :D:chef::):thumbup:;)

No matter how hard you try, people are still going to try to beat the system, or try to find a leg up even if its wrong. For me, I'd rather HO spend more time on helping me to find more ways to make money for my family and grow my business, and come up with a better FR plan (just sayin) than to police the idiots who are going to break the rules even after their caught by HO.

Well, I just got an email from HO this morning because I joined a PC group on FB. Didn't post a link to the web site, just one to my personal email. I emailed them back asking exactly what I did wrong ... the person that created the group should be in trouble, not me. I just "unjoined" ... I wonder if everyone on the group & the creator received the same email. HO must have a whole team out there just looking for violators! CRAZY!!!

cathyskitchen said:

I totally agree! I heard a rumor that they are looking into their policy & how it relates to social networking ....

cookingwithdot said:
I totally agree! I heard a rumor that they are looking into their policy & how it relates to social networking ....
They will almost certainly have to. I would imagine the resources they spend to moderate and deal with violators isn't too cheap! The internet is too big.There needs to be a compromise that is SENSIBLE and still maintains the core integrity of the company- which is the HOME PARTY Business...not just the sales. If we rely on just internet ads, we won't get much in Home Party Business (where more sales $$ come from), versus people just buying what they need online without ever getting involved in at the Home show and building those relationships.I think they probably also should write the Policy & Procedures to CLEARLY state what is and is not allowed..."Do NOT sell on E-bay, do not have a FB page stating anything "Pampered Chef", Do not have a BLOG and say you are a PC Consultant", etc. To many directors and higher have pages on Facebook and such and think nothing of it! I know mine was posting new products on her FB from conference (her DH was doing it for her). I asked her about that being "legal", and she said "sure! It's private friends". I didn't push it since I'm not on FB.

I guess we will see...

1. What is the connection between Facebook and Pampered Chef?

The connection between Facebook and Pampered Chef is that Pampered Chef uses Facebook as one of its main platforms for marketing and selling its products. Many consultants for Pampered Chef use Facebook to advertise their products, host virtual parties, and connect with customers.

2. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products directly through Facebook?

No, you cannot purchase Pampered Chef products directly through Facebook. However, you can connect with a Pampered Chef consultant through Facebook and they can help you with your purchase or provide you with a link to their online store.

3. Is Facebook the only way to purchase Pampered Chef products?

No, Facebook is not the only way to purchase Pampered Chef products. You can also purchase products through their official website, through a Pampered Chef consultant's personal website, or by attending a Pampered Chef party in person.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions on Pampered Chef products on Facebook?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions on Pampered Chef products on Facebook. Many consultants offer exclusive discounts or free gifts for customers who purchase through their Facebook page or attend a virtual party.

5. Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant through Facebook?

Yes, you can become a Pampered Chef consultant through Facebook. Many consultants offer information and sign-up links on their Facebook pages, making it easy to join their team and start selling Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPeg