• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook and Othe Social Networks

In summary, the director had posted her website on Facebook and was informed by HO that this was not allowed. However, HO is in the process of revising their policies to allow for social networking sites, but it is not yet complete. For now, linking to social networking sites is not allowed, but mentioning Pampered Chef is still acceptable. This is exciting news for those who do most of their business online. It is possible that an announcement will be made at the upcoming conference. Other direct sales companies already use social media for advertising, so it is great that Pampered Chef is catching up with the times. However, it is important to follow the current policies until an official announcement is made.
Triciascucina
My director had posted her website on facebook and I let here know it was a no no. She was not aware of this so she said she would check it out. this what she was told by HO.

"I found out that they are in the process of reformulating their policy to accommodate for social networking sites, but they are not complete yet. For now we can cannot "link" to social networking sites. But I think we can still mention Pampered Chef....just not link the site"

So looks like soon we will be able to use our social network sites for picking up out business.

Triciascucina said:
My director had posted her website on facebook and I let here know it was a no no. She was not aware of this so she said she would check it out. this what she was told by HO.

"I found out that they are in the process of reformulating their policy to accommodate for social networking sites, but they are not complete yet. For now we can cannot "link" to social networking sites. But I think we can still mention Pampered Chef....just not link the site"

So looks like soon we will be able to use our social network sites for picking up out business.

THANK YOU for that wonderful little bit of info!:thumbup::sing::thumbup:

Yes, I talked to my director about it a while back and she said that she know from the higher-ups that they were revising the policies as well! I'm SOOOO excited!!! I do most of my business (PC and non-PC) online, either through FB or e-mail. I rarely use the phone. At first my director was really pushing and encouraging me to get over my phone-phobia but just recently she said "you know, if you can get over it, that'd be great, but you seem to do just fine doing things through e-mail, FB and text so keep it up!"

With this bit of happy news in mind, I'd guess they are trying to pull together some kind of announcement for NC. Can't think of a better place or time to let us know.

Bring earplugs for that one then! (for the screaming at NC ;))

Last edited:
esavvymom said:
Bring earplugs for that one then!

It took me a minute to get what you meant here.. at first I thought you were unhappy about it and didn't want to hear it.. haha... then I got it.:D Slow tonight. My brain is on school vacation week mode.
Yes, it will be giant YAHOO! :thumbup:

I am excited about this one.

We'll probably hear at NC if they are changing the policy. WAHOO! :sing:

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*

Maybe they'll get a page on FB.

Happy happy joy joy!!! Doing my happy dance!

Yeah, at director express, Karin, said that as long as we have our FB set to Friends only and did not link our website, then we would be ok. We were all REALLY excited to get the ok. I'm sure there will be more at NC, but I was happy with that for now!

It has taken a long time for this to happen. I have heard from other Direct Sales Consulatants that they are encouraged to use their social networking sites to advertise and promote their business. Very happy to hear that PC is catching up with the times. Now if we can get them to come up with a gadget that will clean-up after dinner. LOL

My neighbor has her own direct selling company, she attended a seminar where they taught that a company should do 50 hours a month on social media networking and advertising. 50 hours!!

chefcharity said:
Yeah, at director express, Karin, said that as long as we have our FB set to Friends only and did not link our website, then we would be ok. We were all REALLY excited to get the ok. I'm sure there will be more at NC, but I was happy with that for now!

Wow...did not know that! I'm going to FB right now!

Sooo....with that in mind..... is this FB page 'legal'? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Pamperedchefnorth

So let me get this straight, we soon will be able to link our business on facebook to our website??

Will we soon be able to advertise on free classified sites too??

akrebecca said:
Sooo....with that in mind..... is this FB page 'legal'? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Pamperedchefnorth
UH, definitely not!!! This seems to be open to anyone that does a search. Keep in mind that original policy still stands so any advertising is not legal til we hear word from H.O.

Laura4 said:
So let me get this straight, we soon will be able to link our business on facebook to our website??

Will we soon be able to advertise on free classified sites too??

We don't know yet what we'll be able to do (or when).

I started the original speculation that if changes are going to be made, they'll announce this at National Conference. It would be a big deal (I guess, I don't use Facebook or any social networking sites) and this would seem the right time to make an announcement.

However, it might not be until next year at National Conference or some other time. They are reviewing the policies but we have no way of knowing how close HO is to a resolution.

Rosebud said:
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*
Wanted to check if you were able to accomplish your goals? if so how did you do it? I have sent my sight on Directorship by November 1, 2010.

1. How can I use Facebook and other social networks to promote my Pampered Chef business?

One of the best ways to promote your Pampered Chef business on social media is by creating a business page on Facebook. This will allow you to share updates, pictures of your products, and interact with potential customers. You can also join Facebook groups related to cooking, kitchen products, or direct sales to connect with a wider audience. Additionally, sharing your business on other social networks like Instagram and Pinterest can also help attract new customers.

2. Is it against Pampered Chef's policies to sell products through social media?

No, it is not against Pampered Chef's policies to sell products through social media. However, it is important to make sure you are following their guidelines and representing the company in a professional manner. This includes using proper product images and descriptions, following pricing guidelines, and not making false claims about the products or the company.

3. How can I use social media to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants?

Joining Facebook groups or following other Pampered Chef consultants on social media is a great way to connect with others in the business. You can learn from their experiences, share tips and tricks, and even collaborate on virtual parties or events. You can also use social media to network and find potential mentors or business partners within the company.

4. Can I advertise my Pampered Chef business on social media?

Yes, you can advertise your Pampered Chef business on social media platforms. However, it is important to follow the advertising policies and guidelines of each specific platform. For example, Facebook has specific rules on how direct sales companies can advertise on their platform. It is important to do your research and stay within the guidelines to avoid any issues.

5. How can I use social media to increase my sales and bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool to increase your sales and bookings for your Pampered Chef business. You can use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to showcase your products, share special promotions and discounts, and even host virtual parties. You can also use social media to reach out to potential customers and offer personalized recommendations or demonstrations. Additionally, utilizing social media influencers or collaborating with other businesses can also help expand your reach and attract new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefErin
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • minirottie