• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Facebook groups promoting Pampered Chef products becoming too competitive?

J
Judybabe
Pampered Chef on Facebook is HUGE! I am definitely going to look more into this!

the first group I found has 1,026 members. the next groups I found have 207,84,99,90,97,81,77,70,70,70,66,57,59,52,46,43,42,41,42 members. I quit when I saw there were 500

Chef Success is definitely not the only place where consultants are hanging out.

Plus there are multiple sponsor links for discounted PC wares.

wow this opens a whole new world to me. Also, the people there have their names attached to their comments, not 'handles' so you actually know to whom you are speaking to.

How long has Chef Success been around? Is this a sanctioned website for PC consultants? It's been a wonderful place to talk to other consultants, but can't make any money here.

I joined Facebook in late July to look at family reunion pictures, but wow, I gotta check this out!

After my husband got home last night and we were discussing this. he said most communities have dogs on leash's rules, but people ignore that rule all the time. Only get into trouble when they bite someone.

I first started off by thinking those bad consultants on Facebook, shame on them for breaking the rules. I'm beginning to think it's extremely common.

However I am going to contact the lady posting Carol's recipe list and ask her to either quit or give Carol credit.

Carol, what would you like me to say to her?

I am just going to be the good girl here and follow the rules- after all- there are potentionals out there and I am not going to risk by making myself look bad. I agree- the consultant posting Carol's recipe list should be in trouble especially for not giving credit to Carol.Carol- you've worked so hard on this and I truly appreciate your help :). I hope no one else will take advantage of you.

Porchechef said:
I am just going to be the good girl here and follow the rules- after all- there are potentionals out there and I am not going to risk by making myself look bad. I agree- the consultant posting Carol's recipe list should be in trouble especially for not giving credit to Carol.

Carol- you've worked so hard on this and I truly appreciate your help :). I hope no one else will take advantage of you.

Ditto with you there!:):angel::chef:

Judybabe said:
Pampered Chef on Facebook is HUGE! I am definitely going to look more into this!

the first group I found has 1,026 members. the next groups I found have 207,84,99,90,97,81,77,70,70,70,66,57,59,52,46,43,42,41,42 members. I quit when I saw there were 500

Chef Success is definitely not the only place where consultants are hanging out.
If you see a group on FB that requires you to prove you're a consultant to join, send that group's info to HO. I checked about it earlier this year and HO's response was that because FB IDs are actual names, then "consultant only" groups there are akin to an online consultant directory, which is forbidden.
Plus there are multiple sponsor links for discounted PC wares.
Again, send these to HO. I had a PC ad pop up on FB that was a link to someone's PWS. I sent that to HO, and they indicated they would contact that consultant, as it was a violation.
wow this opens a whole new world to me. Also, the people there have their names attached to their comments, not 'handles' so you actually know to whom you are speaking to.

How long has Chef Success been around? Is this a sanctioned website for PC consultants? It's been a wonderful place to talk to other consultants, but can't make any money here.

I joined Facebook in late July to look at family reunion pictures, but wow, I gotta check this out!

After my husband got home last night and we were discussing this. he said most communities have dogs on leash's rules, but people ignore that rule all the time. Only get into trouble when they bite someone.

I first started off by thinking those bad consultants on Facebook, shame on them for breaking the rules. I'm beginning to think it's extremely common.
It is extremely common, but that doesn't make it right.
However I am going to contact the lady posting Carol's recipe list and ask her to either quit or give Carol credit.

Carol, what would you like me to say to her?

HO has standardized wording they use to warn consultants who break the rules. Do not attempt to contact rule-breakers yourself. That only leads to hard feelings, and in some cases, name calling and threats. Take a screen shot of the offending information, copy the complete URL, and send it to [email protected].

these people have been on FB for a long time. I certainly can't be the first potential whistle blower. I still don't buy into the idea that HO cares enough to do anything.

Just because something is done, doesn't make it right.

If I were you (and I'm not - I prefer to keep everything above board) - I wouldn't advertise on here that you are going to start breaking the rules by advertising on FB....people from HO are on Chef Success too.

Judybabe said:
these people have been on FB for a long time. I certainly can't be the first potential whistle blower.

I still don't buy into the idea that HO cares enough to do anything.

I don't usually send in names etc..., but recently, because there was a Director from my area who had a direct link to her website on FB, and so did several of her downline (and she KNEW it was wrong and was doing it anyway) - so I just sent an inquiry to HO, asking why some can do this w/ seemingly no repercussions - and this is the answer I received back:

We are aware that there are numerous advertisements and listings on the web. We do review these listings daily and take appropriate action.

Keep in mind that these listings and type of advertising is prohibited and could result in the cancellation of a consultant's web site or agreement.
>
>
> Margarette Smetkowski
> Solution Center Representative
> The Pampered Chef, Ltd.®
> The Pampered Chef

I have known many people (some in my own cluster) who have been contacted regarding links and and other forms of advertising on the web - they are given a certain amount of time to remove the offense before further action is taken. So, yes, PC does care enough to follow up with these.

For me - as long as it's a rule in the handbook - it's a rule. Out of a sense of personal integrity, I honor that, even if I don't agree. I signed a contract with PC saying I would abide by the rules. So I do.

I think HO prioritizes who and what to target. I honestly don't think anyone is making millions off of FB.

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I have been on the receiving end of an attack and an HO probe and I feel that I can speak with with a some degree of authority. Neither is pleasant. And, to make matters worse, I actually wasn't doing anything wrong. But, when you are reported, in my experience, I "guilty until proved innocent". I got a number of threatening emails from HO and I was really scared that my consultantcy would be taken away, and I had no idea why or even how to fix it. You would think if I wasn't doing anything wrong, I wouldn't have to worry, but I did.

Don't get me wrong. I used to report these offenders ALL the time until I got reported. I felt that it was my duty to report those violating the rules. If I didn't do it,who would? Once I was reported, I decided to let those who work for HO to do this. They have the time, resources and get paid to do it. When I do it, it costs me money. I decided that I would be better off focusing on other things: my business, and not getting angry with violators. I really don't mean to sound snotty, but I realized I was focusing my energy on these people and wasting my time, neglecting my business. Like I said, I don't want to offend anyone, that is not my intention, and I don't want to get into an argument, but sometimes its best to just say, "You know what? Winners never cheat and cheaters never win." They really don't. And, they have to live looking over their shoulders.

I am just trying to help someone else avoid what I went through (on both sides, I guess).

Judybabe said:
these people have been on FB for a long time. I certainly can't be the first potential whistle blower.

Believe me, they do. You will realize the first time you get that lovely "Website Violation" email that they do.

I had a fundraiser, that I got authorization to list on a website for. The chairperson left the link up to my PWS after the fundraiser, and HO was ALL over me for it. In addition, I had my profession listed as a "Pampered Chef Consultant" on Twitter. They were all over me for that too.

If you don't believe it, test it out, and see how long it takes. :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Just because something is done, doesn't make it right.

If I were you (and I'm not - I prefer to keep everything above board) - I wouldn't advertise on here that you are going to start breaking the rules by advertising on FB....people from HO are on Chef Success too.

They absolutely do! And they know several cheffers by name....right Ann? LOL :p If you ever go to conference you just might run into an HO employee who will say to you...."So YOU are-----" LOL

Also, sometime this past year there was a poster here that announced that she didn't care and she was going to go ahead and do ...something... HO contacted her within days - and she was not happy.

AJPratt said:
I think HO prioritizes who and what to target. I honestly don't think anyone is making millions off of FB.

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I have been on the receiving end of an attack and an HO probe and I feel that I can speak with with a some degree of authority. Neither is pleasant. And, to make matters worse, I actually wasn't doing anything wrong. But, when you are reported, in my experience, I "guilty until proved innocent". I got a number of threatening emails from HO and I was really scared that my consultantcy would be taken away, and I had no idea why or even how to fix it. You would think if I wasn't doing anything wrong, I wouldn't have to worry, but I did.

Don't get me wrong. I used to report these offenders ALL the time until I got reported. I felt that it was my duty to report those violating the rules. If I didn't do it,who would? Once I was reported, I decided to let those who work for HO to do this. They have the time, resources and get paid to do it. When I do it, it costs me money. I decided that I would be better off focusing on other things: my business, and not getting angry with violators. I really don't mean to sound snotty, but I realized I was focusing my energy on these people and wasting my time, neglecting my business. Like I said, I don't want to offend anyone, that is not my intention, and I don't want to get into an argument, but sometimes its best to just say, "You know what? Winners never cheat and cheaters never win." They really don't. And, they have to live looking over their shoulders.

I am just trying to help someone else avoid what I went through (on both sides, I guess).

ITA 10000%. Let HO do their job and you do yours.

Judybabe said:

But they DO!!! I along with others on CS have been here for years and know first hand that HO takes violations very seriously.

(I have been typing that a lot over the past 2 day:()

Just because you see consultants breaking the rules on FB and Ebay, etc..doesn't mean HO doesn't care. It just means like anytime there are rule breakers and rule-enforcers...there are more of the bad-guys than the good-guys!They're doing it....but I'm sure for every 1 or 2 that they contact each day, 3 or 4 more start breaking the rules themselves because "Everyone ELSE is doing it, why shouldn't I?!" That's not the example I want to teach my kids, and whether someone "catches me" breaking the rules or not, doesn't make it any less wrong.

Last edited:
rennea said:
But they DO!!! I along with others on CS have been here for years and know first hand that HO takes violations very seriously.

(I have been typing that a lot over the past 2 day:()

Why????? :confused::confused:

rennea said:
Because some people don't believe it!

I guess it's a matter of learning things the hard way, huh? :rolleyes:

esavvymom said:
just because you see consultants breaking the rules on fb and ebay, etc..doesn't mean ho doesn't care. It just means like anytime there are rule breakers and rule-enforcers...there are more of the bad-guys than the good-guys!they're doing it....but i'm sure for every 1 or 2 that they contact each day, 3 or 4 more start breaking the rules themselves because "everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't i?!" that's not the example i want to teach my kids, and whether someone "catches me" breaking the rules or not, doesn't make it any less wrong.

exactly!!!

I see it everyday, with some of my clustermates & my Director/now team leader....I'm not gonna say a word!

Ginger428 said:
I see it everyday, with some of my clustermates & my Director/now team leader....I'm not gonna say a word!

Me too! What comes around goes around.;)

Judy, look at all that time you used up looking for all the info...you could have made a TON of out of the box calls. Use that time for your business. HO has people that get paid to do this. Just do what is right. those that do wrong...it will catch up to them. It may not be on your watch, but they will be found.

out of the box calls?Truthfully all this started when Carol's file got misused. Even on this site, there are people using and abusing and hiding behind the screens the website offers. who knows? HI Doris!Let's let it drop. should I close the thread?

Judybabe said:
out of the box calls?

Truthfully all this started when Carol's file got misused. Even on this site, there are people using and abusing and hiding behind the screens the website offers.

who knows? HI Doris!

Let's let it drop. should I close the thread?

Probably, because there's just going to be pages and pages of basically the same opinion given - just reworded. And, now I'll give mine. While I don't agree that you should 'do it because everyone else is,' I'm really glad you came to us first so you can be properly advised. Also, it's sweet that you want to get back at the person who is trying to profit off of Carol's work, but be careful there, too. They know (especially if they're checking the threads on this site), they are doing wrong, and you could be opening yourself up to attack - from people you don't even know!

Oh, and Out Of The Box Calls, or Customer Care Calls, are phone call you make to previous customers to see if they are enjoying their purchases, if they have any questions about the products, and if there is any thing you can do for them. A great way to get new bookings or orders!

I do feel bad for Carol, too. I am glad people like you are watching out for her. THAT does make me mad, and something I would report to HO.

I will RP what I posted in your earlier thread, b/c it still applies. And I'm sorry, I agree with others. If the time spent researching FB and ebay, etc. etc. was spent doing trainings and making customer care/out of the box calls that would have been more valuable for your biz. Just a friendly suggestion :)Point of the matter is this- the policies are there, and you agreed to them when you became a consultant and said you'd abide by them. No, not all consultants do this. Again, this does not make it ok for everyone not to do it.Just like saying, for example, my neighbor doesn't pay his or her taxes, so it's ok for me not to as well. No, it may not be illegal for you to post your PWS link or advertise on FB, but you agreed to that policy when you became a consultant.If one wishes to be a person of their word in their business, they will abide by the policies they agreed to when they became a consultant. In the meantime, fight the fight with home office until the policy changes.As far as FB goes, I am a sorority advisor and we are THIS CLOSE to prohibiting our collegiate women from posting sorority related ANYTHING on their FB and myspace pages, because the reality is that 1) not everyone represents themselves in a manner consistent with the organization on these social sites (which I'm sure is a concern of PC's) and 2) you have limited control as to what others post on their pages that are linked to yours or on your page until you get to it to delete whatever inappropriateness/unprofessionalness they have posted. I can totally understand why PC doesn't want people posting stuff on FB.Do others have an unfair advantage? Maybe. But let's rest at night knowing that we can still get biz the honest way by not having to sneak around and break the rules, potentially getting caught by the HO, being embarrassed by an email from them that goes to our director as well, potentially loosing the privilege to even have a PWS, and even having our consultant agreement terminated.It is each of our individual biz's and each of our ways to decide how to run it, and to run it according to or not according to PC's guidelines. But you knew the terms and conditions and potential repercussions when you signed up.

Well put kdangel!

1. How long has Chef Success been around?

Chef Success has been around since 2001 and is a community for Pampered Chef consultants to network and share ideas.

2. Is Chef Success a sanctioned website for PC consultants?

Yes, Chef Success is a sanctioned website for PC consultants and is recognized by the company as a valuable resource for its consultants.

3. Can I make any money on Chef Success?

No, Chef Success is not a platform for direct sales or making money. It is a community for networking and sharing ideas among Pampered Chef consultants.

4. How common is it for consultants to break the rules on Facebook?

It is not uncommon for consultants to break the rules on Facebook, as many may not be aware of the company's policies or may choose to ignore them.

5. What should I do if I see someone posting copyrighted material on Facebook?

If you see someone posting copyrighted material on Facebook, you can either ask them to stop or give credit to the original source. You can also report the post to Facebook for copyright infringement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KateD
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
KateD
  • Admin Greg