• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Facebook Advertising Guidelines for Pampered Chef Consultants

Welcome to the forum!It makes sense. I think the important thing to remember is that if you are advertising your services through a website or other medium, you need to make sure that it is compliant with the rules of Pampered Chef.
Harrisdm
Hi All! This is officially my first post on a forum, ever!! Please be kind :) I was doing a search, trying to navigate the newly-done chef success. I typically have done catalog parties, on facebook since that's all my contacts have wanted to do so far. I was searching for some pictures that I could maybe use to post on the parties and I found a lot of backlash about facebook. I am one that had NO IDEA that facebook is a no no. I even came across a thread that said "posting your pws link in your email signature is not allowed". This worries me! I am asking for some kind explanations as to why this is so bad. Why would Pampered Chef care? Why does it matter that I may advertise a monthly special on Facebook (my profile is very private)? I am not paying for advertising and only use PWS website for my business. If I get orders, customers, contacts and money FOR the Pampered Chef, why would they care? Thanks in advance for kindly helping me understand this. I have been a consultant for almost a year, but admittingly haven't done a ton with my business yet. Thanks again!

Welcome Harris! You ask some very interesting and important questions! A lot of them at a very high level is just about Pampered Chef keeping control and hoping to preserve the nature of the local "home show" business structure. I'm sure other members will have some really great insights!

I think I've answered my own question. I fear that people on this who's posts I saw are wrong. In consultants corner there is actually a section called "social media marketing." In fact, PC actually suggests we make our own fb page for our business. Just thought I would share my findings in case someone else sees what I did when searching the posts for "facebook."

I think you saw some old posts. There was a time only a few years ago that FB was a no-no. There are still things you have to follow in order to be PC compliant with your business pages. They don't want cute nicknames, They want your page (and every post) to clearly ID you as an independent PC Consultant.

lt1jane said:
I think you saw some old posts. There was a time only a few years ago that FB was a no-no. There are still things you have to follow in order to be PC compliant with your business pages. They don't want cute nicknames, They want your page (and every post) to clearly ID you as an independent PC Consultant.
Thank you!! I realize that now, I am still trying to figure out this forum thing :) Go figure I don't pay attention to the dates before freaking myself out! :) Once I saw what PC has on CC, I realized this is probably the case since they give you clear instructions and suggestions! Thanks again for taking the time to reply!!

Harrisdm, you've gotten some good advice from It1Jane. For a long time the rule was that you couldn't include a website link just about anywhere. Those have relaxed a lot. Basically, the rules about things online boil down to 1) don't pay for advertising (that includes FB boosting), and 2) don't have your website link on a permanent sales website. In other words, it's fine for it to be here, because this site isn't selling stuff. I am part of a wedding professional networking group that has a website. My PC website isn't listed there, because they are advertising. Does that make sense?

What is Facebook Advertising?

Facebook Advertising is a marketing strategy that uses the social media platform, Facebook, to promote products or services to a targeted audience. It allows businesses to create ads that will appear on users' Facebook feeds, as well as on other Facebook-owned platforms such as Instagram and Messenger. This type of advertising can help businesses reach a larger audience and increase their brand awareness.

How much does it cost to advertise on Facebook?

The cost of Facebook Advertising varies depending on several factors, such as the target audience, ad placement, and the objectives of the ad campaign. Facebook uses a bidding system, where businesses can set a budget for their ads and bid for ad space. The cost can range from a few dollars per day to thousands of dollars per month. It is important to carefully plan and monitor your ad budget to ensure the most effective use of your advertising dollars.

What are the targeting options for Facebook Advertising?

Facebook Advertising offers a wide range of targeting options to help businesses reach their desired audience. These options include demographics (age, gender, location), interests (pages they like, activities they engage in), behaviors (purchasing habits, device usage), and connections (people who have liked your page or interacted with your content). These targeting options allow businesses to create highly tailored ads that are more likely to reach their target audience.

How can I measure the success of my Facebook Advertising campaign?

Facebook provides a variety of tools to measure the success of your ad campaigns. You can track metrics such as reach, impressions, clicks, and conversions. These metrics can help you understand the effectiveness of your ads and make adjustments as needed. Additionally, Facebook offers a tool called Facebook Pixel, which allows you to track and analyze website traffic and conversions from your ad campaigns.

Are there any best practices for Facebook Advertising?

Yes, there are some best practices to keep in mind when creating and running Facebook Advertising campaigns. It is important to define your goals and target audience before creating your ads. Use eye-catching visuals and compelling copy to grab the attention of users. Test different ad formats and targeting options to see what works best for your audience. And always monitor and analyze your ad performance to make improvements and optimize your campaigns for better results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pchockeymom