1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Facebook Advertising

1. Hi All! This is officially my first post on a forum, ever!! Please be kind :)

I was doing a search, trying to navigate the newly-done chef success. I typically have done catalog parties, on facebook since that's all my contacts have wanted to do so far. I was searching for some pictures that I could maybe use to post on the parties and I found a lot of backlash about facebook. I am one that had NO IDEA that facebook is a no no. I even came across a thread that said "posting your pws link in your email signature is not allowed". This worries me! I am asking for some kind explanations as to why this is so bad. Why would Pampered Chef care? Why does it matter that I may advertise a monthly special on Facebook (my profile is very private)? I am not paying for advertising and only use PWS website for my business. If I get orders, customers, contacts and money FOR the Pampered Chef, why would they care?

Thanks in advance for kindly helping me understand this. I have been a consultant for almost a year, but admittingly haven't done a ton with my business yet. Thanks again!

Oct 20, 2014
    Admin Greg likes this.
  2. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

Welcome Harris! You ask some very interesting and important questions! A lot of them at a very high level is just about Pampered Chef keeping control and hoping to preserve the nature of the local "home show" business structure. I'm sure other members will have some really great insights!

Oct 20, 2014
    Harrisdm likes this.
  3. I think I've answered my own question. I fear that people on this who's posts I saw are wrong. In consultants corner there is actually a section called "social media marketing." In fact, PC actually suggests we make our own fb page for our business. Just thought I would share my findings in case someone else sees what I did when searching the posts for "facebook."

Oct 20, 2014
    Admin Greg likes this.
  4. lt1jane

lt1jane Veteran Member Gold Member

I think you saw some old posts. There was a time only a few years ago that FB was a no-no. There are still things you have to follow in order to be PC compliant with your business pages. They don't want cute nicknames, They want your page (and every post) to clearly ID you as an independent PC Consultant.

Oct 21, 2014
    Harrisdm likes this.

5. Thank you!! I realize that now, I am still trying to figure out this forum thing :) Go figure I don't pay attention to the dates before freaking myself out! :) Once I saw what PC has on CC, I realized this is probably the case since they give you clear instructions and suggestions! Thanks again for taking the time to reply!!

Oct 21, 2014
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Harrisdm, you've gotten some good advice from It1Jane. For a long time the rule was that you couldn't include a website link just about anywhere. Those have relaxed a lot. Basically, the rules about things online boil down to 1) don't pay for advertising (that includes FB boosting), and 2) don't have your website link on a permanent sales website. In other words, it's fine for it to be here, because this site isn't selling stuff. I am part of a wedding professional networking group that has a website. My PC website isn't listed there, because they are advertising. Does that make sense?

Oct 24, 2014
    genburk likes this.
Have something to add?