• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

F/W 09- Recipe Review- Appetizers and Sb

In summary, the author received new recipes from her hospital's director this week. Some of the recipes were yummy, while others were not so great. The California Spring Rolls were a lot of work to make, and the author suggests using chicken instead of shrimp in order to reduce the cost. Finally, the author suggests a preview of the South of the Border Meatloaf recipe at the next open house.
esavvymom
Staff member
I received this from my Hosp.Director's director this week...from someone on her team. Thought I'd share:

Hi everyone,
So, I went on a recipe adventure and tried quite a few new ones from the new Appetizers cookbook and the F/W Season's Best. Here are results and my opinions:

Prosciutto Spirals with Balsamic Glaze ~ YUMMMM!! To die for! Not a great demo recipe too messy. I would suggest making wraps or sandwiches instead for a meal. The cream cheese filling is great but the glaze makes it even better. Served on the Bamboo Platter.

Smoky Cheddar & Tapenade Torta
~ Tasty but salty. A LOT of work for a demo. I prefer the Greek Cheese Torta instead. However, it is a pretty presentation and will satisfy the salt addicts. Served on the Dots Large Round Bowl with Pita chips surrounding it.

Pan - Fried Feta with Red Pepper Salsa ~ OMG!! This is a TRUE WINNER!! A great side recipe demo. Super fast and very beautiful presentation! Looks great on the Rectangle Platter.

Raspberry Tequila Sangria!! ~ FABULOUS!!! Fairly easy to make. I served it in the Trifle bowl and it was sooooo pretty to look at and sooooo fantastic to taste!! (not to expensive as long as the host has the Tequila already. Otherwise it can get pricey.)

Sun - Dried Tomato Tart Squares ~ SUPER FAST and SUPER EASY!! A great new consultant recipe. Taste even better the next day!!

Steamed Wonton Purses ~ (I don't know why I didn't try these before!!) These are very easy to demo however, the sealing is time consuming. So I would suggest using it at an interactive show and have the guests help you seal. Apps in less than 10 - 12 minutes! Serve them with our new Thai Peanut Sauce! My father-in-law couldn't stop eating them. The meat mixture makes a little more than it suggests so be ready for it.

New Orleans Style Chicken & Sausage Gumbo ~ Can be served 2 ways. Over rice or even as a soup the next day for leftovers. This has excellent flavor and it is a perfect recipe that shows a lot of high end products that will help you as a booking tool. It really did come together in a matter of minutes.

Tonight------South of the Border Meatloaf.....stay tuned!

Great reviews! Thanks for the comments on how good they would be for a demo, as well as the overall flavor. Now you have me anxious to try them too. Have you kept track of the cost to prepare each of them? That sometimes enters into the picture, when planning for a low budget hostess.

I didn't actually make the recipes. It was sent from another consultant in the cluster from NY....so I haven't heard anything about cost, etc. Sorry.

If you have hosts who are concerned about costs, DO NOT suggest any recipes from the Appetizer cookbook! We had several of them at our kickoff meeting this weekend, and most people spent $20-40 on ingredients for their recipe. Generally, they were all tasty, just pricey. And the woman who made the California Spring Rolls said that there were a LOT of steps/prep for them (although they'd make a decent interactive show because of that - and if you used chicken instead of shrimp to reduce the cost).

Wow, $20-$40 for the app recipes??? Sheesh - that IS pricey. I'll have to take that into consideration......

I made the Smoky Cheddar Tapenade Torta and the ingredients only cost $16 but when you break it down per serving ($16 for 32 servings = .50 serving) it doesn't seem too bad. They don't advertise the appetizer cookbook as an economical idea anyway.

When I do my new product open house, I will have two recipes from each cookbook for everyone to sample. That torta will definitely be one of them as it does serve a crowd! The leftovers hold well too. We ate that torta for a week! I called it "Torta with an attitude".

I agree that the Smoky Cheddar & Tapenade Torta is a winner....if they have the chopper. I agree that it is salty so leave the salt out if you prefer. It looks awesome!! Make it in advance to serve...then make a second one to demo and take home (use the next day at your next show). Many people told me they really loved it...even those that said they did not like Olives.

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your reviews of the new appetizers and F/W Season's Best recipes. I always love hearing from fellow consultants about their experiences with our products. I completely agree with you about the Prosciutto Spirals with Balsamic Glaze - they are absolutely delicious but definitely messy for a demo! Wraps or sandwiches are a great alternative suggestion. And I'm glad you enjoyed the Pan-Fried Feta with Red Pepper Salsa - it's one of my personal favorites as well. I can't wait to hear about your experience with the South of the Border Meatloaf tonight. Keep up the great work in the kitchen!

1. What is the most popular appetizer recipe for fall/winter 2009?

The most popular appetizer recipe for fall/winter 2009 is the Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce. It's a crowd-pleasing dish that combines warm, gooey brie with the tangy sweetness of cranberry sauce.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for appetizers in the F/W 09 recipe review?

Yes, there are several vegetarian options for appetizers in the F/W 09 recipe review. Some popular ones include the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Stuffed Mushrooms, and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.

3. Can I make these appetizers ahead of time for a party?

Many of the appetizer recipes in the F/W 09 review can be made ahead of time. Some may require reheating or assembly right before serving, but overall they are great for party planning and prepping in advance.

4. Are there any gluten-free options for appetizers in this review?

Yes, there are a few gluten-free options for appetizers in the F/W 09 review. These include the Caprese Skewers, Bacon-Wrapped Dates, and Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus.

5. Can I substitute ingredients in these appetizer recipes if I have dietary restrictions?

Some recipes in the F/W 09 review may allow for ingredient substitutions, but it's always best to follow the recipe as closely as possible for the best results. If you have dietary restrictions, it's recommended to search for specific recipes that cater to your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvinpc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • wadesgirl