• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potato Demos: Have You Seen Sales Impact?

In summary, there is a discussion about the effectiveness of doing potato demos at shows and if it leads to increased sales. Some members suggest doing "express shows" where they drop off food and catalogs for potential customers to browse. Others mention a similar strategy called "pampering your business" where they bring treats to a business and include a note about hosting a catalog show. There is also a discussion about contacting businesses and a request for a sample letter for this approach.
rayday
I was just wondering for those of you have done some of the potato demos if you see a difference in sales. I am all for getting in and out of a show. If I could have things made before the show and use a couple of potatoes to demo products and see no change or an increase of course I'd love to do it.

Anyone have some feedback on this? Thanks!

rayday said:
I was just wondering for those of you have done some of the potato demos if you see a difference in sales. I am all for getting in and out of a show. If I could have things made before the show and use a couple of potatoes to demo products and see no change or an increase of course I'd love to do it.

Anyone have some feedback on this? Thanks!

HI I thought in express shows you didn't do demos, just make the food drop it off and leave some catalogs? Does anyone have an outline of how they do an express show that works? Thanks!

pampermeRai said:
HI I thought in express shows you didn't do demos, just make the food drop it off and leave some catalogs? Does anyone have an outline of how they do an express show that works? Thanks!

Type in express shows in the search - go to page 3 -skim down to Express Shows - page 1. There is a great post written about express shows. :)

I believe what you are interpretating as an express show is actually what I call Pampering Your Business. I just did this recently. I have a lady that is doing a cattie show right now. I (with her permission) made Rocky Road Brownies and brought them to her work. I put them on a disposible plate with a note that says "Your business is being pampered today! Holly Host is having a catalog show. If you would like to place an order etc..." you get the picture. :)

This has seemed to help my catalog sales. It's really a win win situation. IMO I get to practice making something, the workers enjoy the treat, the host gets more orders! :D

Lee Anne

Last edited:
chef_leeanne said:
Type in express shows in the search - go to page 3 -skim down to Express Shows - page 1. There is a great post written about express shows. :)

I believe what you are interpretating as an express show is actually what I call Pampering Your Business. I just did this recently. I have a lady that is doing a cattie show right now. I (with her permission) made Rocky Road Brownies and brought them to her work. I put them on a disposible plate with a note that says "Your business is being pampered today! Holly Host is having a catalog show. If you would like to place an order etc..." your get the picture. :)

This has seemed to help my catalog sales. It's really a win win situation. IMO I get to practice making something, the workers enjoy the treat, the host gets more orders! :D

Lee Anne

Thanks for clarifying and I just all the info on express shows, too! I thought they were the same, but really they are different. One question for you, do you contact businesses either through phone calls or snail mail about "pampering" their business? If so, how do you go about doing it? Do you have a sample letter? Thanks so much!:)

pampermeRai said:
Thanks for clarifying and I just all the info on express shows, too! I thought they were the same, but really they are different. One question for you, do you contact businesses either through phone calls or snail mail about "pampering" their business? If so, how do you go about doing it? Do you have a sample letter? Thanks so much!:)

I just started doing this recently ~ actually I just got brave enough to try!:D I haven't got brave enough to just contact a business!:( :rolleyes: I have only done this with people who are hosting catalog shows for me. As for the letter I use, I am still tweaking it. I know I'm not being much help - sorry.:(

Lee Anne

chef_leeanne said:
I just started doing this recently ~ actually I just got brave enough to try!:D I haven't got brave enough to just contact a business!:( :rolleyes: I have only done this with people who are hosting catalog shows for me. As for the letter I use, I am still tweaking it. I know I'm not being much help - sorry.:(

Lee Anne

That's ok:) If you come up with any ideas I'd love to hear them What do you think about just sending out letters and a mini catalog to businesses in the area, promoting the "pampering your business" idea and gift basket to clients idea? Too brash??

pampermeRai said:
That's ok:) If you come up with any ideas I'd love to hear them What do you think about just sending out letters and a mini catalog to businesses in the area, promoting the "pampering your business" idea and gift basket to clients idea? Too brash??

I think just sending out letters and mini catalogs would be a waste of time and money. Keep in mind this is MY opinion only.;) I posed this same question to some of my business owner friends: What you would do or how would you respond to a letter from a total stranger saying I would like to pamper your business, and explaining how. 99% of them said they would shred the letter or push it aside because they were to busy!

By my having an actual contact person - my host- I am not springing anything on anyone. I have also noticed the host gets excited knowing that for example, Monday I'm bringing in brownies. She then starts to spread the word to her co-workers. The co-workers start looking forward to it... :) Kind of like a snowball effect. I have even got a few bookings this way. :)

Lee Anne

What is a Potato Demo?

A Potato Demo is a cooking demonstration where the focus is on showcasing the versatility and convenience of using Pampered Chef's products to prepare potatoes in various ways.

How does a Potato Demo impact sales?

Potato Demos have been proven to have a positive impact on sales, as they allow customers to see the products in action and taste the delicious results. This can lead to an increase in product interest and purchases.

What are the essential Pampered Chef products for a successful Potato Demo?

The essential products for a Potato Demo include the Potato Scraper, Veggie Spiralizer, and the Microwave Cooker. These tools make preparing and cooking potatoes quick and easy.

Can Potato Demos be customized to fit specific dietary needs?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and products for customers with specific dietary needs, such as gluten-free or dairy-free. Our consultants can also provide tips and substitutions during the demo to accommodate different dietary restrictions.

Are there any special offers or discounts available during Potato Demos?

Yes, during Potato Demos, there are often exclusive offers and discounts available on the featured products. These offers are only available during the demo, so it's a great opportunity to save on Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpsalmstress
  • cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BeaLorene
  • pmprdprettyinsnj