• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales Express Shows?

rayday

Oct 3, 2005
I was just wondering for those of you have done some of the potato demos if you see a difference in sales. I am all for getting in and out of a show. If I could have things made before the show and use a couple of potatoes to demo products and see no change or an increase of course I'd love to do it.

Anyone have some feedback on this? Thanks!

pampermeRai

Mar 12, 2006
rayday said:
I was just wondering for those of you have done some of the potato demos if you see a difference in sales. I am all for getting in and out of a show. If I could have things made before the show and use a couple of potatoes to demo products and see no change or an increase of course I'd love to do it.

Anyone have some feedback on this? Thanks!

HI I thought in express shows you didn't do demos, just make the food drop it off and leave some catalogs? Does anyone have an outline of how they do an express show that works? Thanks!

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
pampermeRai said:
HI I thought in express shows you didn't do demos, just make the food drop it off and leave some catalogs? Does anyone have an outline of how they do an express show that works? Thanks!

Type in express shows in the search - go to page 3 -skim down to Express Shows - page 1. There is a great post written about express shows. :)

I believe what you are interpretating as an express show is actually what I call Pampering Your Business. I just did this recently. I have a lady that is doing a cattie show right now. I (with her permission) made Rocky Road Brownies and brought them to her work. I put them on a disposible plate with a note that says "Your business is being pampered today! Holly Host is having a catalog show. If you would like to place an order etc..." you get the picture. :)

This has seemed to help my catalog sales. It's really a win win situation. IMO I get to practice making something, the workers enjoy the treat, the host gets more orders! :D

Lee Anne

Last edited:

pampermeRai

Mar 12, 2006
chef_leeanne said:
Type in express shows in the search - go to page 3 -skim down to Express Shows - page 1. There is a great post written about express shows. :)

I believe what you are interpretating as an express show is actually what I call Pampering Your Business. I just did this recently. I have a lady that is doing a cattie show right now. I (with her permission) made Rocky Road Brownies and brought them to her work. I put them on a disposible plate with a note that says "Your business is being pampered today! Holly Host is having a catalog show. If you would like to place an order etc..." your get the picture. :)

This has seemed to help my catalog sales. It's really a win win situation. IMO I get to practice making something, the workers enjoy the treat, the host gets more orders! :D

Lee Anne

Thanks for clarifying and I just all the info on express shows, too! I thought they were the same, but really they are different. One question for you, do you contact businesses either through phone calls or snail mail about "pampering" their business? If so, how do you go about doing it? Do you have a sample letter? Thanks so much!:)

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
pampermeRai said:
Thanks for clarifying and I just all the info on express shows, too! I thought they were the same, but really they are different. One question for you, do you contact businesses either through phone calls or snail mail about "pampering" their business? If so, how do you go about doing it? Do you have a sample letter? Thanks so much!:)

I just started doing this recently ~ actually I just got brave enough to try!:D I haven't got brave enough to just contact a business!:( :rolleyes: I have only done this with people who are hosting catalog shows for me. As for the letter I use, I am still tweaking it. I know I'm not being much help - sorry.:(

Lee Anne

pampermeRai

Mar 12, 2006
chef_leeanne said:
I just started doing this recently ~ actually I just got brave enough to try!:D I haven't got brave enough to just contact a business!:( :rolleyes: I have only done this with people who are hosting catalog shows for me. As for the letter I use, I am still tweaking it. I know I'm not being much help - sorry.:(

Lee Anne

That's ok:) If you come up with any ideas I'd love to hear them What do you think about just sending out letters and a mini catalog to businesses in the area, promoting the "pampering your business" idea and gift basket to clients idea? Too brash??

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
pampermeRai said:
That's ok:) If you come up with any ideas I'd love to hear them What do you think about just sending out letters and a mini catalog to businesses in the area, promoting the "pampering your business" idea and gift basket to clients idea? Too brash??

I think just sending out letters and mini catalogs would be a waste of time and money. Keep in mind this is MY opinion only.;) I posed this same question to some of my business owner friends: What you would do or how would you respond to a letter from a total stranger saying I would like to pamper your business, and explaining how. 99% of them said they would shred the letter or push it aside because they were to busy!

By my having an actual contact person - my host- I am not springing anything on anyone. I have also noticed the host gets excited knowing that for example, Monday I'm bringing in brownies. She then starts to spread the word to her co-workers. The co-workers start looking forward to it... :) Kind of like a snowball effect. I have even got a few bookings this way. :)

Lee Anne