• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Express Show: A Fun and Delicious Way to Socialize and Shop for Kitchen Tools

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker advocates for using a salad chopper to chop chicken and recommends using a Classic Batter Bowl to serve the leftovers.
chefloretta
Silver Member
Hi, has anyone done an Express show? From what I understand, the consultant arrives with a recipe already prepared, the guests get to eat and "play" with and shop for tools while socializing. What recipe is good for this?

I have done express shows and I always do the 30 minute chicken in the microwave at home before the show. I will take all of the meat off the bones, chop it up with my awesome salad chopper, use 3 cups of that chicken for the Mexican Chicken Lasagna that I make and take to the show. The rest of the chicken I put into my classic batter bowl with the lid on it and take to the show as well. I do this so that I can pass the bowl around and let everyone see how moist and juicy the chicken is right after it is taken out of the microwave and before it is added to the lasagna. I hope this helps! Promote the Deep Covered Baker and the salad chopper (if you have one, if not I encourage you to get one). My mom actually ordered the salad chopper at a party before I became a consultant and she did not like using it so she gave it to me. It basically sat in my tool turn-about and I never used it for salads because I always use the nylon knife. Anyways, I did not start using the salad chopper until I read posts on this site about using it for the chicken and it is a tool I use all the time in my own kitchen. Best wishes for a successful show!

This is a great idea for repeat hosts, thanks!

The Mini BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are also great. After cooking it, pour it in the Classic Batter Bowl to serve. You can talk about the products you used to cook it (DCB, Salad Chopper, Mix N Scraper), how easy it was, blah, blah and then they also see how nice it looks in the Batter Bowl. You can also talk about how you can now just put the lid on the Batter Bowl and put the leftovers in the fridge.

patty42240 said:
Anyways, I did not start using the salad chopper until I read posts on this site about using it for the chicken and it is a tool I use all the time in my own kitchen.

Best wishes for a successful show!
Same here.....my husband ordered one for me about a year ago from a lady at work that was having a show and when he brought it home I asked, "what am I supposed to do with that?". Now, I use it all the time for chopping chicken; in fact, we have nicknamed it the chicken choppers.

I wish they could change the name from salad choppers to something else, even just choppers. Becuase they are used for so much more, in fact I don't even think about using them in a salad at home.

When I started with PC and express show was when you were trying to book close...fill a date maybe within the next two weeks! You'd offer an "Express Show"...your hostess invited the guests and you provided the ingredients for the recipe you were preparing!!! I use to "star" some dates on my calendar...and call these my "Express Show" dates when I was trying to move my bookings from the weekends to weeknights...it works!!!

thank you all for the great ideas. i am hoping to promote the Express shows tonight during a booking blitz. I do have the salad choppers, but have never used them for chicken, DUH, even though i tell guests they can be used that way, oh well LOL.

1. What is an Express show?

An Express show is a type of cooking demonstration where a consultant arrives with a pre-prepared recipe for guests to try. The guests are able to interact with and purchase kitchen tools while socializing.

2. How does an Express show work?

The consultant will bring all necessary ingredients and tools to the host's home. They will then prepare a dish or recipe for the guests to try. While the guests are enjoying the food, they can also browse and purchase kitchen tools from the consultant.

3. What types of food are typically prepared at an Express show?

The recipe prepared at an Express show can vary, but it is usually something simple and delicious that can be easily made with the tools being sold. Some popular options include appetizers, desserts, or easy meal ideas.

4. Can guests sample the food at an Express show?

Yes, the guests are encouraged to try the food being prepared at the Express show. It is a fun and interactive way for them to see the tools in action and taste the results.

5. How can I host an Express show?

To host an Express show, you can reach out to a consultant from a kitchen tool company and schedule a date for the show. The consultant will handle all the preparations and you can invite your friends and family to attend and enjoy the experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies