1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Express Show or 10 in 10??

1. Beth1170

Beth1170 Member

Hello everyone. I finally have a taker for a lunch-time show at the office. Since it's my first one I need ideas on how to do it. I am bringing The Satay Pasta Salad and probably the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake. It's a HWC fundraiser so highlighting pink products as well. What items should I bring and should I do a demo for mandoline, food chopper,etc?? I know there is probably a thread addressing a similair question but I've been looking for 45 min and really need to move on to something else. TIA.

May 11, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Why not do the pork tenderloin in the DCB? 12 minutes, and then you can make mini-sandwiches. That can be your demo, and you can do your presentation while it cooks.

3. Beth1170

Beth1170 Member

The microwave they have is too small or I would have chosen a DCB recipe. Instead I'm doing everything premade. I'm looking for ideas on what items to feature and talk about since I'll only have about 15-20 minutes for presentation. They only have an hour for lunch and I want to allow time for them to shop the catalog and place orders. Thanks.

May 11, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I think that hour is going to fly! I think I would stick with the 4 major collections, quickly introduce them. Talk about recruiting and booking, maybe do a quick ticket game and then let them eat and order.

5. Could you take your own microwave?? I mention it because mine is pretty small and easy to carry and the DCB fits AND it's a great show idea. Jennifer

May 22, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

You could make the 30 min chicken in your microwave at home, then use that chicken for your pasta salad. Then at the lunch, you can tell them how wonderful and easy it was. And they'll taste that chicken and be impressed that the time it took for the chicken (super cheap when you buy it whole like that, compared to breasts separately) to cook, you whipped the rest of the ingredients together. It'll be a great tie in w/ the DCB. Then mention all the other fast and easy recipes that you can do in the DCB, because they need fast, easy recipes for when they are tired from a long day at work! :)

Then w/ the skillet cake, be sure to bring the saute pan to show them how the cookware is so awesome, and then tell them about the garlic biscuit bites that everyone loves and is so easy to make. (Again, fast & easy dinner...30 min chicken & biscuit bites idea for them for future use!)

The time will fly. Serve it in the Salad Spinner bowl or the Dots, so you can present those, too. I'd leave out the peanuts when you make it at home, because they taste better in there when it's freshly put in. Then right there you can demo the food chopper and let people add nuts to their servings.

May 22, 2009
Have something to add?