• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the 'Magic Pot': Get the Skinny on the DCB!

I HATED mine, and returned one. The PC csr who did the exchange reminded me to preheat mine for 5 minutes over medium heat, and things will not stick. I LOVE my Grill Pan :)It cleans up easy and cooks very nicely. For a year, I have used it a couple times a week, and take it to shows where I do not need the 12" skillet (that is easier to talk about without having it).Hope this helps.
bostonbelle
I'm a new consultant & not too familiar with this "Magic Pot". I *just* bought the grill pan & press, but am not thrilled with it personally. Soooooo.... now that the DCB is back, I want to investigate. I know there are recipes in the files. Is that where I should go to find out the goodies on the DCB? Just want the skinny on it & then move on to the yummy recipes.

Thanks for any help!!

The best thing about the DCB is it goes in the microwave it is ideal for 15-30min dinners and most recipes you can do using just that dish. Meaning you can mix it and bake it and everything in one pot so less dishes...

Lets see what else is great..mmm You can make a molten chocolate lava cake that is to die for and its really cute (I usually hate that when people say that but it is) and you can make 15min chicken fajitas in it, which are amazing and they have become one of our fav dinner.

That is just a few things I like about it!

You've got to go ahead and try some of the well loved recipes and discover your own love for it. :D Try the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, the 15 minute fajitas (might be called "fast fajitas" in the file), the Incredible 30 minute chicken, and the Chocolate Peanut Butter "lava" cake. Those are my favorites that I'd start with. There's a lot more, though. Have fun checking out the recipes! :)

I actually just made the meatloaf in the DCB tonight...I admit to being nervous about doing meatloaf in the microwave but the family loved it!! So now I've done pasta, whole roasted chicken, meatloaf and a few other things in it...yeah, I love it :)

Re: Grill Pan comment
bostonbelle said:
I *just* bought the grill pan & press, but am not thrilled with it personally.

Thanks for any help!!

Just a question: what don't you like about the grill pan? I HATED mine, and returned one. The PC csr who did the exchange reminded me to preheat mine for 5 minutes over medium heat, and things will not stick. I LOVE my Grill Pan :)
It cleans up easy and cooks very nicely.
For a year, I have used it a couple times a week, and take it to shows where I do not need the 12" skillet (that is easier to talk about without having it).
Hope this helps.

blueberrylady said:
Just a question: what don't you like about the grill pan? I HATED mine, and returned one. The PC csr who did the exchange reminded me to preheat mine for 5 minutes over medium heat, and things will not stick. I LOVE my Grill Pan :)
For a year, I have used it a couple times a week, and take it to shows where I do not need the 12" skillet (that is easier to talk about without having it).
Hope this helps.

I'm not thrilled with mine either, and I have tried really really hard to fall in love with it. I've done several chicken your way shows, and I feel like such a fake going on about the grill pan, when I know I don't like it. I am THRILLED to be able to return to my DCB!

I just used it the other night to make grilled chicken/apple sausages. I DID preheat it, and they still stuck. Immediately after using it, I put dish soap and hot water in it, and I still had to scrub and scrub. AND I absolutely HATE how stuff gets stuck in the little crevices, and I cannot get it out without using my fingernail to scrape it out. It's not worth the effort for me to use it.

I will continue to use it for fajitas, and other things like that where it will remain dry, but I'm not using it for stuff that could stick.

I just got my DCB and cooked the fajitas...... I had already tried and loved them from my director... My hubby was skeptical, he's like, that's not gonna be good. He tried them and liked them. And, he is not a bragger, but he said, this is good.......... I LOVE THEM AND THE DCB....Doing a cooking show for my SIL tomorrow two hrs away and cooking them... Hoping to sell a couple to make it worth my time and $.........

One of my favorites is the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco. Yummy!!! That with the garlic bites in the 12" skillet and you've got an amazing meal.

blueberrylady said:
Hope this helps.

I will admit 1st off that I'm a fan of SS cookware & don't use non stick much. That being said, I think that the grill press presses a lot of the juices out of the food. This in turn causes the food to cook in it's juices, which I though the ridges were supposed to avoid.

I like how the Grill Pan cooks for me, my meat isn't dry or anything, but the thing I dislike and why I don't use it very often for meat (use my George Foreman more) is because it makes such a mess on my stovetop! It splatters all over. I've been told the splatter screen may work- but not sure if it would work with the press on the meat (handle sticks up).But for the DCB - i LOVE IT.

winklermom said:
One of my favorites is the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco. Yummy!!! That with the garlic bites in the 12" skillet and you've got an amazing meal.

Yum! I am going to have to look this one up, when I get a DCB.

1. What is the "Magic Pot" or DCB?

The "Magic Pot" or Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is a versatile cooking tool made of stoneware that can be used in the microwave, oven, or even on the grill. It is designed to cook food evenly and retain moisture, making it perfect for roasting, baking, and even steaming.

2. How do I use the DCB?

To use the DCB, simply place your desired ingredients into the dish, cover with the lid, and follow the cooking instructions for your recipe. The stoneware material of the DCB allows for even heat distribution, so there is no need to preheat the dish before cooking.

3. Can I use the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to note that the lid is not microwave safe, so it should be removed before microwaving. Also, be sure to follow the recommended cooking times for your specific recipe.

4. Can I use the DCB on the stovetop or under the broiler?

No, the DCB is not safe to use on the stovetop or under the broiler. It is designed for use in the microwave, oven, and grill only. Using it on the stovetop or under the broiler can cause damage to the stoneware and the lid.

5. How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. If there are stubborn food stains, you can soak the dish in hot water and baking soda before washing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils that may scratch the stoneware surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies