• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Cheaper Travel Options than the Gift Certificate

It is worth buying in two for the amount of money you save. There are deals cheaper than this, but you won't get as much value out of the trip.
trps
Silver Member
Is it worth buying in 2 or would it be cheaper to go on our own and take the gift certificate? with the buy in and cost of flights I am thinking there are deals cheaper than this has anyone looked into it?

Are you planning to go on your own at a different time? Don't forget, you get Pampered on a Pampered Chef trip. If you go on your own at the same time, you won't be able to attend those extra events.

I would have to bet that you'll get more bang for your buck to buy in two. It might be cheaper elsewhere but still wouldn't get as much. If that makes sense...

Having been to Hawaii twice....it would likely be cheaper to buy in. The amount they give you as a VISA card is WAY less than the value of the flight/trip (from what I remember).
Had I have the fortune of earning this trip, we would have bought in my two boys, and stayed the extra week allowed by PC (lodging on our own dime of course- I would have found a cheaper house to rent or hotel than the Hyatt though). Airfare is what really kills ya! We would have rented a house or something and bought our food from the store (take your local grocery card or sign up for one when you get to Hawaii!!)Don't get me wrong, the Hyatt is GORGEOUS!!!! (stayed there one week in 2008), but it's pricey!! :) After the fact, I found better deals at other hotels and even renting homes.Anyway- that's what I would do.

My son is staying home as he is in school and this is a trip for just my husband and I. We are flying in 5/7 and staying at a neat condo I found online for 108 a night until we switch over to Hyatt! My in-laws gave us time share points for a free rent a car! We are so stoked...10 days in Hawaii!!

We paid for flights on our own and chose certain events to buy our kids in. Since they were extremely picky we knew it was rediculous to pay $80-$120 a kid for meals where they would have been happier eating Mac-a-Minute.

On the other hand the gift card is far less than than the flight to the destination, but it is practical and can help in other ways if needed. Two years ago we took the gift card instead of Mexico and put in a new bathroom. I love my bathroom and was able to go to my daughter's confirmation which was held in the middle of that trip. This year I'm getting carpet in the basement, a new kitchen faucet & getting to Amelia Island with my giftcard

I should give more details. It is going to be $1250 to buy in (Pampered Chef gave no choices this year) Then $2000 for flights then $1000 for me to be off work at that time. So if you add in the $1500 visa card There is $5750 and I was thinking we could go when I didn't have to take off work and wasn't sure how much hotels (or houses never thought of that) are for 4 nights. I tried to look online but could not find a flight out for next summer to get a price. Thought maybe someone had an idea. Thanks for your help (we don't take vacations without the kids we will do that soon enough when they are adults).

I don't quite understand...the children's "buy in" from Pampered Chef includes Round Trip Airfare. For $625 that is a huge bargain -- we go to Hawaii every other year or so on vacation and if I had young children to take with, I would absolutely go with the PC option. They get breakfast, the Luau and Dance Party, roundtrip transfer from the airport, etc.

jwpamp said:
I don't quite understand...the children's "buy in" from Pampered Chef includes Round Trip Airfare. For $625 that is a huge bargain -- we go to Hawaii every other year or so on vacation and if I had young children to take with, I would absolutely go with the PC option. They get breakfast, the Luau and Dance Party, roundtrip transfer from the airport, etc.

No it does not include airfare it is $60 for them to arrange their flight to be with the adults if you arrange your own flight they will not be with you. I called and asked because it was a little confusing the way it is worded on the buy in sheet. It is NOT included though.

hmmmm....in that case, I would leave the kids at home! ;-) You can always take the gift card!

Good luck!

Anyone have any ideas/personal experience for where to stay during our extension in Maui? Thanks!

Has anyone else planned anything - hotels, day trips, sight-seeing, etc.....?

Haha, sorry never answered your first question.

We are renting a small car. My in-laws gave us time share points to rent a car!
We do not have anything planned but just to enjoy....

I have done so many sightseeing vacations that it goes by way too quickly! We plan on doing some driving around but not a whole lot!

I don't want to drive around alot as I heard gas in Hawaii is now over $4.00 a gallon. :( I do want to do alittle sightseeing though as this may be the only time I'm in Hawaii! :) Due to hubby's work schedule we are now only going in the day before and leaving a day later. Bummed, but still excited about being in Hawaii!!

For anyone with a car and the time, I recommend the Hanna Highway. It was beautiful. You can go halfway and turn around or go the whole distance (which we did NOT do, I was with my husband, SIL, MIL, and FIL need I say more?) and either turn around or drive a rustic road back on the other side of the highway.

I'm sure you'll see the banyan tree, it's one of the biggest in the world. I would have done the bike down the mountain but my MIL and SIL didn't want to (I have many stories about them on that trip that I won't share...)

There are LOTS of activities you can find that are fun and interesting, not all activites are super expensive either.

lt1jane said:
For anyone with a car and the time, I recommend the Hanna Highway. It was beautiful. You can go halfway and turn around or go the whole distance (which we did NOT do, I was with my husband, SIL, MIL, and FIL need I say more?) and either turn around or drive a rustic road back on the other side of the highway.

I'm sure you'll see the banyan tree, it's one of the biggest in the world. I would have done the bike down the mountain but my MIL and SIL didn't want to (I have many stories about them on that trip that I won't share...)

There are LOTS of activities you can find that are fun and interesting, not all activites are super expensive either.

We drove part of it...as we didn't want to drive the whole thing (I think it's almost 4 hrs to drive, not counting stops?) And it's a very narrow curvy road in a good chunk of it. So I think we drove until it started getting to the curvy part. Maybe 1-2 hrs? Did some stops/scenic overlooks along the way, and then came back. Very pretty though- would have loved to do the whole thing though.

I think we have the Road to Hana as a definite -- just to do a little exploring on our own. The countdown is on -- alittle over a month and we'll be on one of our dream vacations! I love this job! :)
Any other off the beaten path suggestions for food, activities, shopping, etc. is always appreciated! Thanks --

There are some cute touristy shops within walking distance of the Banyan Tree in Lahaina which is only a few minutes south of the hotel. (We stayed at the Lahaina Shores, it was next door and down the street. Don't recommend that hotel, my bed was harder than my cot in Iraq. :( )

The snorkeling is great in that area.

My memory of that island was getting up at 6AM, discussing the Hanna Highway at 8AM and NOT LEAVING until after noon!! (Never again will I take a trip with my husband's family without a second car so we don't waste the entire day waiting to do something.)

For those of you from the east or midwest, you will find that even sleeping in, you will get up very early which is wonderful because you have more time in the day to explore and see things unless you have pokey friends/family.

It looks like the Hilton has a Lu'au, so that is probably one the you will go to. Try the poi, it's good if used as a dip for pork, but not so great alone. The locals will tell you the same thing.

One of my consultants lived in Maui and one of her good friends as well. I am going to collect tips from them and will post them here! ONE! Go to ABC and order your souvenirs NOW and have them shipped here! INSTEAD of buying them there and hauling them back! Great idea from one of the gals above. They are not expensive and you do not have to pack them all in your suitcases!

Welcome To ABC Stores Hawaii

Thanks, CK! :) I am a collector of tips and will take them all to heart when making all of the crucial vacation decisions....LOL......
:)

Only 1 month left before Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of my dream vacations - thanks Pampered Chef for making my dreams come true!!!!!

1. How can I find cheaper travel options than the gift certificate?

One way to find cheaper travel options is to be flexible with your travel dates and destination. You can also consider using budget airlines or booking your trip during off-peak seasons.

2. Can I use the gift certificate for any type of travel?

The gift certificate can be used for any type of travel, including flights, hotels, car rentals, and vacation packages.

3. Are there any restrictions on using the gift certificate for travel?

There are no restrictions on using the gift certificate for travel. However, it cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.

4. Can I transfer the gift certificate to someone else for their travel?

Yes, you can transfer the gift certificate to someone else for their travel. However, you must notify us in advance and provide the name and contact information of the person who will be using it.

5. How long is the gift certificate valid for?

The gift certificate is valid for one year from the date of issue. It must be used before the expiration date or it will no longer be valid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trps
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
trps
Replies
Views
trps
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u