• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated and Fed Up: My Housing Nightmare!

Room Leader is and that you can trust her to follow through. The cancellation deadline is June 14th. In summary, the conversation revolves around issues with hotel reservations for a conference. One person faxed their registration but was still placed at a different hotel, while others were able to reserve the desired hotel later on. The person is frustrated with the handling of their reservations and has a free night at the desired hotel from a previous issue. They are also concerned about losing their room if their team members who are listed on the reservation do not register for the conference in time. The conversation ends with a reminder of the cancellation deadline for hotel reservations.
chefkathy
I faxed them my registration at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday requesting the Hilton I FINALLY got my confirmation last night and they put me at the Sheraton. If I knew they weren't going to get to the faxes in a timely manner, I would have called or done it online. People were still able to reserve the Hilton Tuesday afternoon! I had problems last year too and I am FED UP! I have a free night at the Hilton as a result and that cannot be used at the Sheraton!

Called them this morning and Hilton is SOLD OUT. I told them it was unacceptable. Apparently faxes are not given priority--lesson learned! Since have a free night at teh Hilton from last year's debacle to use, there is no way I can be at the Sheraton and lose my $200, not to mention my banquet is at the Hilton and I'll be 8 mths preggo. Not doing it.

The "housing coordinator" is out of the office until Monday, so I'm supposed to get a call back then. I told them if I don't get the Hilton I'll just cancel and commute in from home. I like my own bed anyway.

I'm so sorry Deb!! That really blows. I talked to you on Tuesday and you had just faxed it and you felt so good about it. YUCKY!! They better take care of you!

That does suck Deb but I'm so glad you stood your ground!

weren't u in the lobby-on the couch last year????

morfia said:

Morifa, are you asking me? I was, but it was Leadership. I was sitting with Kris.

morfia said:

I meant she was sleeping in the lobby-----lol

i member meeting you-:)

Well, maybe THEY have a new system they are getting used to, also, LOL.

FYI... I'm waiting for a call back from Experient... if you have consultants on your room that haven't registered yet, I think you might lose your room.I called to make a change because it's just going to be me and my mom in my room and they now are telling me I will lose the room because I can't have my mom in the room... it can only be a consultant who is ALREADY registered for Conference. I kept explaining the *guest* part but they said they are not allowing guests to share the rooms, only registered consultants. So I said I would just take the room myself and add her at the hotel and they said I can't have a room to myself!!!!She said that all consultants who are listed but are NOT registered for NC will be bumped and you could lose the room. Tomorrow is that last day to make changes without losing your deposit so if anyone has anyone listed on their rooms that aren't registered, check with Experient!

crap--I listed my team members and none of them are registered. Maybe I'll just sleep at home and drive back and forth every day. I'll certainly save money that way.

That is absolutely ridiculous!!! They get the $$ no matter what so why do they care who's in a room? What if a consultant is bringing their DH because they're being recognized for something!! And many of my consultants aren't registering yet because they are waiting to have a few more shows under their belt to h ave the $$ to register. This is just so ridiculous!!

finley1991 said:
FYI... I'm waiting for a call back from Experient... if you have consultants on your room that haven't registered yet, I think you might lose your room.

I called to make a change because it's just going to be me and my mom in my room and they now are telling me I will lose the room because I can't have my mom in the room... it can only be a consultant who is ALREADY registered for Conference. I kept explaining the *guest* part but they said they are not allowing guests to share the rooms, only registered consultants. So I said I would just take the room myself and add her at the hotel and they said I can't have a room to myself!!!!

She said that all consultants who are listed but are NOT registered for NC will be bumped and you could lose the room. Tomorrow is that last day to make changes without losing your deposit so if anyone has anyone listed on their rooms that aren't registered, check with Experient!
I thought we had until sometime in June to make changes without losing the deposit???

ETA: It's June 14. Here's what it says on CC:

Hotel Cancellation Policy

The Room Leader is the only one able to completely cancel a room reservation.
Roommates have the ability to view the reservation and may cancel only their own names from the reservation. Once a roommate cancels a reservation, an email will be forwarded to the room leader advising of the cancellation. The roommate is then free to become a room leader in a new reservation or a roommate in another reservation, if desired.
You may cancel your reservation through Experient up until June 14, 2009, 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Deposits become nonrefundable after June 14, 2009.
Refunds for cancellations received prior to June 14, 2009 will be processed within 7 – 10 business days.
Only after June 22, 2009, should you contact the hotel directly, if you need to make any changes. Though you may make changes to your reservation, cancellations after June 14, 2009, even if made directly with the hotel, still incur complete charge of your first night’s room and tax. Please record your cancellation number for your records when cancelling directly with the hotel.

I just have 2 for positive in my room. While I am still hoping that I can get other team members to go if someone wants to guarantee their spot I would be glad to help out - if they decide at the last minute there are sure to be spots in other rooms so no worries about that. I am asking my team to send me $50 to cover their part of the deposit so I would ask that.

bethcooks4u said:
I thought we had until sometime in June to make changes without losing the deposit???
We do... the e-mail that came out last week said: Thank you for reserving your 2009 National Conference hotel accommodations with Experient. We look forward to seeing you in Chicago. If you require any changes to your reservation, such as adding or
removing roommates, we ask that you complete them by FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2009.
That's why I called today. I'm trying to get through to someone at HO right now. The woman in career solutions said that they are doing it so that no one double books (and I know people who do...) and that part I get. She suggested I just get the room for myself and when I told her I tried that and they said no, she was stumped. It will all get worked out but I don't think it's fair that they have to be REGISTERED to be on the room. But that is going to be impossible because like it was mentioned, people are trying to get the $$$ together or the time off work, etc.UPDATE: I called back experient and can't get through to the woman I talked to and I am waiting for a call back from the meetings dept manager from HO.I'm sure it will be resolved... I'm just bummed because I tried to do the right thing by taking the consultants who aren't going off the room and now I've kind of screwed myself... :mad: I think...

I got an email last week with something about May 14/15 on it. Some stuff about room leader, cancelling roommates, etc. I didn't look at it too closely b/c I'm still working with my team. Colleen is probably right and this is absurd.

That's completely absurd! I know Tiffany and I are rooming together and we're the only 2 that have registered. Do you think we may lose our room? :confused::confused:

DebbieJ said:
I got an email last week with something about May 14/15 on it. Some stuff about room leader, cancelling roommates, etc. I didn't look at it too closely b/c I'm still working with my team.

Colleen is probably right and this is absurd.

Yeah, my first thought was how absurd that was especially because consultants have until mid-June to register! This is so dumb. If they are wanting consultants to go to conference (my guess is they are hurting with attendance!) then why are they making it more difficult to register and even consider it! CRAZY!

I was going to email my Exec to see if she's aware of all this craziness!

pampmomof3 said:
That's completely absurd! I know Tiffany and I are rooming together and we're the only 2 that have registered. Do you think we may lose our room? :confused::confused:

I don't think you will lose your room... I just wouldn't call or try to make any changes.

And I think the woman at experient was just threatening me because their is a waiting list for the hotel now.

HO just called back and the woman I need to speak with is away... they've asked me to e-mail her and see what happens...

I didn't mean to cause a panic... I was just taken aback with the woman at experient and all that she said. And we know they aren't the best people to work with anyway! I'm beginning to wonder now if she's even going to call me back like she said she would...

I just sent a note to my ED and NED about this. Maybe someone can give us insight.

One of my consultants WANTS to go but if her house doesn't sell there is no way she can afford to go. In this economy there have to be a lot of others in that situation so you'd think...

I'm feeling terrible about stirring the pot on this and I so didn't mean to!!!! I'm sure it will all get taken care of because there is NO WAY they can cancel rooms like the woman said they would (could they?) HO would have a mutiny on their hands and God only knows what would happen with Experient. I'm REALLY praying that the woman I spoke with at experient doesn't know what she's talking about... :pray:

I've sent my e-mail to HO and CCed my Director on it... I also included the following statement:

I know some other attendees have consultants listed on their rooms who have not yet registered as they are working to get the time off, saving the money for the registration fee, etc. but their names are on the rooms as of now. Are they in jeopardy of losing their reservations?

When I hear back I will update the rest of you!

bethcooks4u said:
I just sent a note to my ED and NED about this. Maybe someone can give us insight.

One of my consultants WANTS to go but if her house doesn't sell there is no way she can afford to go. In this economy there have to be a lot of others in that situation so you'd think...

You are SO right Beth!!!!

This just has to be a mistake from the woman at experient... at least that's what I am praying...

If nothing else, the e-mails and all other info never said anything about this so at least we have that to cover ourselves with. (Although other changes have been made without letting us know...)

UGH. Sorry everyone... I feel bad about this. :(

Don't feel bad, Colleen!! I am hoping that the woman from Experient just doesn't know what she's talking about (pretty likely, given how unorganized and messed up they've been) so it should be fine. But if for some strange reason it DOES turn out to be true, at least we had a heads up from you.

Even that email that was sent about making changes by this Friday was dumb since consultants have until mid-June to register for conference.

Here's the response from my NED:

Hi Beth—

I can see how this might be confusing. However, no need to worry. Your room will not be deleted. They are asking Consultants to update as much as possible. I believe there are many rooms reserved with no roommates and others who want a room and can’t get one. I just spoke with Elizabeth Muth, the hotel coordinator for Execs and she is checking with Experient. I also suggested an email clarification and they are looking into it.

Thanks Beth for drawing this to our attention. I look forward to seeing you at conference!

Becky

CRAP!! I reserved my room - with NO roommates. I was waiting on my Team members to see who was going......so what if you recruit like crazy and the newbies want to go...they can't get in? I didn't want to put someone down if they weren't going and then have to go thru the process of changing them out......I wonder if I still have a room?

Colleen, don't feel badly. You are not at fault. We should be able to book any room we want and not have to worry about making sure other people are registered. We are paying for the rooms after all! Experient can go suck an egg!

DebbieJ said:
Thanks Deb! I needed that! That's the only thing that's made me laugh today!!!!

Ironically, the woman still hasn't called me back! I'm not expecting her to and I'm sure all will be fine.

Heard back from HO and here is her e-mail to me:

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention.

You were misinformed by Experient our Housing Company and YOU DO NOT have to be registered for Conference to reserve a room however we do hope that by making a housing reservation you and your roommates are committed to attending National Conference. In addition if you have guests in your room that are not consultants that is your choice and again you were misinformed by Experient.

I will have a Supervisor with Experient contact you directly and assist you to change your room type to a 1-bedded room and to address this issue with the agents.

If you need anything further please let me know.
KathyGorgan

Whew!!!!

PS: I still think Experient sucks!!! Can't wait for that part of the evaluation!!!!

Good Job Colleen getting to the bottom of this!! Yay!!

THE LATEST: The supervisor from Experient just called me and had me explain AGAIN what had happened, even though she said she had the e-mail from me to Kathy and from Kathy to me.

This is the part that cracks me up: She said she would make an EXCEPTION for me and allow me to have my mom in the room.

I told her that was great but that she needed to change that for everyone. She said that they won't do that because she was told at their orientation not to allow anyone but consultants to be on the hotel rooms. I told her that people would probably be bringing spouses and other family members and she said, "Well, give me their names and I'll make a note of it." I told her I didn't know WHO exactly, but it was my guess that that would happen.

Goodness!!!!!!

ok I just got on today. I don't think I got an email from Experient last week. I just went through my emails this morning to try to delete some and didn't see it. (different computer so I will go double check in a minute). I don't get it--What do they care if our spouse or mom or best friend comes, we are allowed to bring them. Glad I'm not in that situation. They aren't thinking of combining people in rooms are they? I mean if we only have 2 people and someone else only has 2 people they won't put us together right? Some people don't want to share a room with 3 other people. If I had the money I won't just one other person as it gets kind of crowded.

Ok off to get my laptop to look at my emails.

finley1991 said:
THE LATEST: The supervisor from Experient just called me and had me explain AGAIN what had happened, even though she said she had the e-mail from me to Kathy and from Kathy to me.

This is the part that cracks me up: She said she would make an EXCEPTION for me and allow me to have my mom in the room.

I told her that was great but that she needed to change that for everyone. She said that they won't do that because she was told at their orientation not to allow anyone but consultants to be on the hotel rooms. I told her that people would probably be bringing spouses and other family members and she said, "Well, give me their names and I'll make a note of it." I told her I didn't know WHO exactly, but it was my guess that that would happen.

Goodness!!!!!!

I hope you sent this info onto someone at HO so they can set Experient straight.

bethcooks4u said:
I hope you sent this info onto someone at HO so they can set Experient straight.

Yes I did! I closed my e-mail with something like, "Hope PC and Experient get on the same page... we all know you can't mess with consultants and their national conference! :)"

Tiffany -- no.. they will not be combining people. Everything is fine... the lady this morning was just sticking (well, both ladies were) to what they were told in their orientation for registering consultants for conference. I'm sure it was just in hopes that there would be enough rooms for everyone who wants to go. As of now there is a waiting list for the Hilton. What they were trying to avoid is those who reserve 4-6 rooms and then only end up using 2. (A director I know does that each year. It infuriates me!)

Everything should be fine... I wouldn't worry unless experient contacts you...

ok good to know. Thank for being on top of all of it.

Thanks Colleen!! :D

amy07 said:
CRAP!! I reserved my room - with NO roommates. I was waiting on my Team members to see who was going......so what if you recruit like crazy and the newbies want to go...they can't get in? I didn't want to put someone down if they weren't going and then have to go thru the process of changing them out......I wonder if I still have a room?

I did the same exact thing! I have NO roommates listed because it didn't ask me when I registerd online! Oh great. I better call tomorrow! I will be LIVID if I lose it over that. I never even got an email from anyone other than the confirmation email from when I first reserved the room.

I registered over the phone and the woman didn't ask me for any other consultants' names, if I remember correctly. I suppose I can call and add some on, but I don't even know for sure who is coming besides three others, but they may be listed in our other room.

I will have to see if one of my consultants that is bringing a guest has heard anything. She registered the guest to attend conference, so they can't tell her that she can't stay in the room with her. That is just crazy.

If you encounter any problems with Experient, CALL HO IMMEDIATELY!!! They were so great with me.

I decided to be a rogue this year, I went through Orbitz and got a room at the Essex Inn which is just 1 block down from the Hilton. Room rate is half as much, and I only need 1 roomate, and I don't have to sleep with anyone!!! =)

ChefLoriG said:
I decided to be a rogue this year, I went through Orbitz and got a room at the Essex Inn which is just 1 block down from the Hyatt. Room rate is half as much, and I only need 1 roomate, and I don't have to sleep with anyone!!! =)

Where is the Hyatt located? Is it near one of the conference hotels?

bethcooks4u said:
Where is the Hyatt located? Is it near one of the conference hotels?

oops, I meant the Hilton. The Essex Inn is at 800 S. Michigan, the Hilton is at 720, so it will be a quick walk down to catch all the shuttles.

UPDATE:
I cancelled my room on June 14th via the National Conference registration page, as we were told to do. I thought everything was fine and done.Well, today I receive an email from the Hilton regarding my upcoming stay. WTF?So I call Experient and they have no record of my cancellation and my reservation is still active!!!!! The rep tried to tell me that I was supposed to submit my cancellation in writing (not true since they were directing all of us to the website) so I asked for a supervisor.The supervisor told me she couldn't see where there was ever a cancellation option on the website at all. I explained to her that I know of several people who called and were instead reprimanded to go online to cancel their reservations (if you were one of those people, can you please let me know? I won't name you specifically, but I would like some back up. LOL).Now I'm told I have to cancel with the Hilton. I argued that this is not my problem that their system wasn't working and that they need to take care of it for me. The supervisor tried to reach the Housing Coordinator, but couldn't, and told me that they are closing in 1/2 an hour (although everything says they are open til 5 p.m. central...hmm...) so they will call me back tomorrow. I told her that I was supposed to get a call back before but never did, so how can I be assured that I would actually get a call back this time? She gave me her direct line and you can bet I'll be calling. :DI am so fed up with this crap. Experient doesn't train their people properly, doesn't follow their own policies, and now we are the ones who suffer. I am going to write up a letter and send it to HO. This is ridiculous.I want my $210 back.

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry!

I'm one of the ones who tried to change consultant information so I called and the guy ripped me a new one! Told me I had to send an email to a certain address. I did and they took care of it but i wouldn't have known the email address if I hadn't called.

I'm sorry and Good Luck! They really do SUCK!

I called Experient yesterday to get the roommate names changed and was told I had to call the hotel. That was what I expected since that is what was in all the emails. I called the hotel and NOBODY was in the room with me!!! WTF? I had two people in the room with me and used their consultant numbers and everything, but the Hilton didn't have that info. The two who were in my room did not register for NC, and aren't going, but what if they were!!! Got two new people in my room, bed to myself, too! And, my 40-60% off sale that is going on today has just paid for my outrageous flight ($630!!!) and I'm hoping to get rid of more stuff and be able to pay off some other bills!

I really hope PC doesn't use experient again EVER! They've been horrible. I only got a call back from an experient supervisor after HO called them and asked them to call me after my last go-around with them. They truly are horrible and are rude on top of that. It's one thing to suck, but to be rude too? Come on!!!!

Oh my gosh, the experiences many consultants have been having (especially YOU Deb!!) are horrendous!! It's so unbelievable how incompetent, unorganized and unprofessional Experient is. I'm appalled. I don't even know WHAT kind of experience is waiting for me. When I called to register, I was never even asked for the names of consultants in my room. I totally forgot about it and forgot to update them. I suppose I'd better call the hotel to make sure they have my reservation. I did get an email confirmation.

This is ridiculous!! Home Office had better not use this company again.

Today the supervisor from Experient called me to tell me that I have to call Pampered Chef about this now. I told the woman that PC had nothing to do with hotel reservations, but she assured me that the "housing coordinator" from Experient was calling his rep at PC HO and that's who I needed to call. Doesn't make sense...I called HO and had to leave a message.Then I thought I would just call the Hilton directly and see what they could do. Hilton's cancellation policy is 72 hours, so the Hilton rep cancelled my reservation and said I should have my refund in 3 business days. Why couldn't the idiot at Experient tell me to call the hotel?????Now we'll see if my deposit really does get credited...

Deb, hate to say this, but it may not....I remember last year speaking with the hotel directly while waiting for my refund after conference. She said that all of the reservations were made by Experient and THEY were the ones who paid the Hotels....we paid Experient and Experient would have to issue the credit. It took 5 months for my credit to show on my credit card.Hoping that is NOT the case with you, but PLEASE keep us informed!!

jwpamp said:
Deb, hate to say this, but it may not....I remember last year speaking with the hotel directly while waiting for my refund after conference. She said that all of the reservations were made by Experient and THEY were the ones who paid the Hotels....we paid Experient and Experient would have to issue the credit. It took 5 months for my credit to show on my credit card.

Hoping that is NOT the case with you, but PLEASE keep us informed!!

Oh my goodness! That's RIDICULOUS!

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Frustrated and Fed Up: My Housing Nightmare! I faxed them my registration at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday requesting the Hilton I FINALLY got my confirmation last night and they put me at the Sheraton. If I knew they weren't going to get to the faxes in a timely manner, I would have called or done it online. People were still able to reserve the Hilton Tuesday afternoon! I had problems last year too and I am FED UP!

The 5 most frequently asked questions about this situation are:

1. Why was I put at the Sheraton instead of the Hilton, even though I requested the Hilton in my faxed registration?
  2. Why did it take so long for me to receive my confirmation, when others were able to reserve the Hilton on the same day?
  3. Is this a recurring issue, as mentioned from previous experiences last year?
  4. What options do I have now that the Hilton is sold out and I have a free night there from last year's issue?
  5. When can I expect a response from the housing coordinator and what can I do if I don't get the Hilton?

Called them this morning and Hilton is SOLD OUT. I told them it was unacceptable. Apparently faxes are not given priority--lesson learned! Since have a free night at teh Hilton from last year's debacle to use, there is no way I can be at the Sheraton and lose my $200, not to mention my banquet is at the Hilton and I'll be 8 mths preggo. Not doing it.

The Hilton being sold out and not receiving priority for faxes is unacceptable. The person mentioning having a free night at the Hilton from last year's issue also adds to the difficulty of staying at the Sheraton. Additionally, having a banquet at the Hilton and being 8 months pregnant makes staying at the Sheraton not an option.

The "housing coordinator" is out of the office until Monday, so I'm supposed to get a call back then. I told them if I don't get the Hilton I'll just cancel and commute in from home. I like my own bed anyway.

The housing coordinator is unavailable until Monday and a call back is expected then. If the Hilton is not available, the person is planning on cancelling and commuting from home. This is preferred as they like their own bed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • finley1991