• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience With Personalized Car Window Decals

If they are just cosmetic and you don't mind people knowing you have them, then go for it. If they are just functional and you're not too worried about them, then I would say wait. If they are both, then I would say wait until you can get a nicer car.
BlessedWifeMommy
I want to try these, but my hubby isn't sure he wants me driving around with them on my van... Any suggestions, experience...

The ones I have had in the past with football, softball, cheer, etc. peel off easily if needed. These are the plastic ones I am talking about.

I have had mine for over a year now.

Is he worried for your saftey (as in, someone getting your personal info and address from what's on the window) or because he doesn't want anything stuck to your van?

I have had mine on my car for about a month and have been flagged down by potential customers several times in parking lots. It's been great!! ( I was very worried at first about having my name and info out there for everyone to see).

Sell lots of cookware & stones and get bookings and recruits with mine.

I have them, but have hesitated putting them on...until now! Thanks for inspiring me!

My only fear is that I have a lead foot and tend to whiz by people. I guess my biggest fear is that someone will blow me into the cops for speeding!:D

I just ordered the basic decal and the license plate holders from Merrill. I am going to try that first. As a single mom, I am leary of having all my info out there for all to see.

paigev71 said:
I just ordered the basic decal and the license plate holders from Merrill. I am going to try that first. As a single mom, I am leary of having all my info out there for all to see.

Maybe instead of having your name and phone number out there, howabout just your email address.

I put the decals on my car this summer as an experiment. I didn't get any interest. I was going to take them off this last weekend, but on Thursday I got 3 phone calls in one day about people who had seen my decals. They are staying on!

I work at a middle school and am nervous about my students getting my cell phone number, but so far I have had no problems. On the other hand, many of my have expressed interest in product and shows because they saw my decals.

Check the regulations in your state. Here in MI, if you have any contact info on your vehicle in conjunction with a business name or logo, that makes your vehicle a commercial vehicle, and subject to higher insurance. It may not be worth it to even bother.

I have a logo sticker on my van, no contact info though. I did not want my name and email address out there. I have had people stop me in the parking lot to ask about PC.

What about if you have a junker for a car? I have a 98 CRV and an 04 Accent. The CRV is in pretty good shape- but you can tell it's old. Someone hit us in the Accent and then ran- so we have a damaged bumper we haven't been able to fix yet. So they are not great looking cars. Do you think I should hold off on getting stickers until I have a better looking car?

Do you get your decals from Merrill or have you ordered the logo from Merril and the numbers and other info from somewhere else. I want to order some and remember a thread about this from a year ago.

my director has the Merrill logos on her side windows, but on her back window she bought pretty large vinyl letters on her own that has her website. She has a minivan, so the large letters look great and get the point across that she does PC. ;) She's gotten recruits and orders and hosts just from those. I am looking into getting the logos without my info on them for my minivan.

I have 2 decals I got from Merrill and will be putting them on the little back side windows of my Equinox. I plan on putting just my cell phone number and web address on the back.

DH thinks it's tacky, but hey, it's not him driving!! ;)

Yakmama said:
What about if you have a junker for a car? I have a 98 CRV and an 04 Accent. The CRV is in pretty good shape- but you can tell it's old. Someone hit us in the Accent and then ran- so we have a damaged bumper we haven't been able to fix yet. So they are not great looking cars. Do you think I should hold off on getting stickers until I have a better looking car?

I would say it depends on HOW bad you feel the cars look. Nothing contradicts you saying how wonderful PC is and your car is 3 miles away from falling apart. If PC is so wonderful why can't you afford a better vehicle to drive around and do your business? That's the thought anyways.

I have only my website on mine, its great!

Yakmama said:

You get enough stickers and it will hold it together for you longer!!:D

KellyTheChef said:
I have had mine for over a year now.

Is he worried for your saftey (as in, someone getting your personal info and address from what's on the window) or because he doesn't want anything stuck to your van?

He just doesn't want someone hassling me in traffic or in a parking lot.

KellyTheChef said:
Check the regulations in your state. Here in MI, if you have any contact info on your vehicle in conjunction with a business name or logo, that makes your vehicle a commercial vehicle, and subject to higher insurance. It may not be worth it to even bother.

Wow hadn't even thought about that... I'll have to check on it...

I was under the impression that I had to put my name on it... Silly me. Maybe my hubby would be okay with just my # and PWS. Thanks for all the info...

pcjenn said:
I put the decals on my car this summer as an experiment. I didn't get any interest. I was going to take them off this last weekend, but on Thursday I got 3 phone calls in one day about people who had seen my decals. They are staying on!

I work at a middle school and am nervous about my students getting my cell phone number, but so far I have had no problems. On the other hand, many of my have expressed interest in product and shows because they saw my decals.

Same thing w/me. I had the decal on my windows for a while & decided I was going to take them off but before I did two people called me b/c of them. I still have the decal on my back window. I have my name, number & website. The number is a cell phone I bought that you add mins. to & I only use that number for the decal nothing else. That way I know if someone is calling that number it is b/c of my decal.

1. Can I customize the size and shape of my car window decal?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of sizes and shapes for our car window decals. Simply choose the size and shape that best fits your needs.

2. How long will the car window decal last?

Our car window decals are made with high-quality vinyl material that is designed to last for years. However, the lifespan of the decal may vary depending on factors such as weather conditions and how well it is applied.

3. Can I remove the car window decal without damaging my car?

Yes, our car window decals are designed to be easily removable without leaving any residue or damaging your car's paint. Simply peel the decal off slowly and use a mild adhesive remover if needed.

4. Can I use the car window decal on any type of car?

Our car window decals are suitable for use on most types of cars, as long as the surface is smooth and clean. However, we do not recommend using them on cars with tinted windows as it may damage the tint.

5. How do I apply the car window decal?

Applying our car window decal is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. Clean the surface of your car window thoroughly, peel off the backing paper of the decal, and carefully apply it onto the window. Use a credit card or squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles. For more detailed instructions, refer to the included application guide.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blestmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefmoseley