• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience a Pampered Chef Party: What to Expect at a Typical Show?

In summary, Lisa is considering starting her own party consulting business. She is asking for advice on what a typical show format looks like. The consultants she has used in the past have done shows where guests are fed and demoed one recipe.
futurechefinPA
Hi All-

I am a self proclaimed PC junkie-had my first party 15 years ago and still buy everytime someone has a show. For YEARS I have toyed with the idea of joining, but instead seem to join every other DS company going, but nothing keeps my attention. In the past 3 years or so I have developed a LOVE of cooking and really think PC would be a great fit. I'm seriously considering giving it a whirl.

My question is this:
The consultant I had for years ( no longer in the biz ) did her show by demoing a main dish and a desert. Hostess bought the ingredients and her guests got fed. Now, I have not been to an actual party in years ( just buy out of the catalog ) , but understand that this is not the way the parties are anymore. Can someone tell me what a typical format for a show is? I know there are lots of "theme shows" , but what does a typical show look like? I really, really liked the way my previous consultant did them!

Thanks a bunch!
Lisa

You can do your parties how ever you want them. I personally only do 1 recipe at a show. I have the host pick from 3-4 recipes I'm offering for the season and that's what she buys the ingredients for.

The typical format is what you just described: putting together a recipe using the tools and the guests get to eat the food. :)

Some consultants to "interactive" style, meaning they get the guests involved in using the tools to put together the recipe and others still do it "presentation style" where the guests watch and the consultant does the whole show.

You can run your show format any way you want to. That's the beauty of owning your own business. :love: Just do it! You'll love it!!!!

Feel free to contact me for all questions! email at takebackthekitchen (at) hotmail (dot) com ........ or pm me and we can connect via phone.

Hi futurechef, when you get your kit there will be some DVDs, including one where you can see some cooking shows in action. You can see three different women's shows, and they're all distinctively different. Those dvds helped me to find my style! Best of luck to you in your new adventure!

Starting your own biz with PC is so much easier now than it was a few years back. I have past consultants on the team who started again and can not believe how much easier and more fun our shows are.

Typically, you demo 1 recipe with the host providing the ingredients and guests. You show up with your toys and allow the guests to all play with them. It's usually semi or fully interactive and guests seem to enjoy themselves more. The products sell themselves. I would seriously reccommend you give it a try....you have nothing to lose and much to gain! But you may want to start today so you can take advantage of the great promo that expires today. =) No rush, just letting you know it ends today.

Are you working with a consultant already? I'd be happy to help if you need anything....whether you join with me or someone else. =)

[email protected]

Thank you all so much for your input! I definitely know this is something I am going to pursue at some point and I appreciate your ideas and encouragment. I actually liked my old consultants way of doing her shows-and it must have served her well, a she was a director for many years with a pretty productive downline...still trying to figure out why she gave it up!!!

futurechefinPA said:
Thank you all so much for your input! I definitely know this is something I am going to pursue at some point and I appreciate your ideas and encouragment. I actually liked my old consultants way of doing her shows-and it must have served her well, a she was a director for many years with a pretty productive downline...still trying to figure out why she gave it up!!!

Life changes. I've known people who loved their PC businesses but circumstances made it necessary for them to walk away.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you !

Sounds like you will do well! Since you already love PC products you already know their selling points.

Before you sign, my advice is to find some local consultants first and talk to them before signing under them. I signed on the internet and don't recommend it. I should have found someone first - hindsight is 20/20 like that - the director I was assigned to lived pretty far away and we just didn't click. A director a few miles down the road helped me a lot more.

If you have some shows lined up with firm dates before you sign, you can earn a lot more incentives in your first 90 days.

You might consider just one recipe for your first few shows until you are comfy with it all. It's probably easiest to have your first show as an open house in your own home, where you know where everything is, consultant acting as host. That way if you want more recipes to feed your friends you can just do them in advance.

Not sure where you are in PA - but if you would like to accompany me to one of my shows - I'd love to have you. I do this full time , so I have adapted the show to fit the busy show schedule.

I am still "new" a little over 3 months as a consultant but I have not had one host purchase ingrediants. I have bought everything. I think it has done really well for me since I have had my 3rd 1k party or more this past weekend.
Generally I make one dish. I have been picking it out but I ask the host what is your theme? If they do not have one I tell them we will make it an Italian theme and I ask them would you like a dish or dessert they usually say dish and that is what I have been doing.
I try and do an interactive show but it hasn't gone well for me so I pass products around and tell personal stories of how I use each product.
I have had 10 parties so far and none under $500. I really love Pampered Chef products and love the company and I think that when you present that through your shows people are willing to buy and want to have you help them in the future.
Just keep it simple and let your love shine through.

What is a Pampered Chef party?

A Pampered Chef party is a cooking demonstration and sales event where a consultant showcases our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware while guests have the opportunity to try products, ask questions, and place orders.

How long does a Pampered Chef party typically last?

Average party length is about 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the recipes being demonstrated. However, the consultant will work with the host to determine the best length of time for the party.

Do I have to buy anything at a Pampered Chef party?

There is no obligation to make a purchase at a Pampered Chef party. However, we do offer incentives and rewards for hosting a party and placing orders, so many guests do choose to make a purchase.

What can I expect at a Pampered Chef party?

At a typical party, you can expect to see our consultant demonstrate a variety of recipes using our products. You will have the opportunity to taste the food and ask any questions you may have. There will also be time to browse and order products if you wish.

Do I have to host a party to experience Pampered Chef products?

No, you do not have to host a party to experience Pampered Chef products. Our consultants are available for individual consultations and can also provide information on how to order products online or through a catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • dannyzmom