• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Chef Cookware Worth the Investment?

In summary, Jane owns the 5-Piece executive cookware set and she bought it three years ago when she started as a consultant. She does most of the kitchen cooking at home and her experiences with her other set (which was last replaced in January 2009 due to warranty issues) are detailed in a flyer. She does not use metal utensils and she hand wash her pots and pans even though the European cookware says she can use metal. Her final straw was last night when she made a chicken pasta dish and decided to use her 8-qt Dutch oven instead
lt1jane
Gold Member
I only own the 5-Piece executive cookware at the moment. I bought it three years ago when I started as a consultant as I felt it was necessary to have some cookware so I could honeslty tell customers my opinion of it. As soon as I can gather enough sales to buy it half price or can just afford to buy it outright, I will be buying the 7-Piece set.

My experiences with my other set (which was last replaced in January 2009 due to warranty issues) are detailed in a flyer.

I do most of the kitchen cooking in our house. I do not use metal utensils and I hand wash my pots and pans even though the European cookware says I can use metal and the dishwasher (they take up too much room). My final straw was last night. I was making a chicken pasta dish I've made many times. I decided to use my 8-qt Dutch oven instead of my skillet. It's a non-stick pan that everything stuck to!!! I use it most of the time for boiling water for pasta!

Thankfully my husband just found a good-paying job. Cookware is in my future by March!

I am open to editing suggestions too

Attachments

• Executive vs European Cookware.doc
    234.5 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
Wow, Jane, that is a nice flyer for you! I'm still wondering if we won't come out with a new cookware set soon.

Very nice! I wonder how the comparison would look compared to a normal set folks might consider in our stores, versus European cookware. Like Calphalon, or one of the other name brands in the stores.

The cookware in question is Scanpan which compares to Calphalon. I just didn't want to mention on the flyer what cookware it is becaue in a manner of speaking, I'm bashing it.

Most Calphalon is manufactured in the USA, but their SS line is made in China.

Scanpan is made in Denmark. At the time I bought it, I thoroughly researched it and all I could find were rave reviews. Now, all I find are bad reviews because it does not stand up and people tire of having to send it in every few years for warranty work.

I can only compare what is in my kitchen. This is a set that is sold "on sale" for $500 but "retails" for $1000. The one thing I like about it better than PC is there are no rivets which are a pain to clean around.

I'd be interested to see if a consultant owns any Calphalon or something else how they compare. I happened to have the unique opportunity to compare my two most used pans because I have had them for the same length of time (relatively).

Last edited:
Interesting! Good to know.Edit: Ok- my original comment was wrong, I misread. Yes, I agree about the rivets in the PC pans. sorry. ;)

Last edited:
No, that's the one thing I liked better about the Scanpan is that they have no rivets! PC has rivets.

I find this site interesting as it recommends the Scanpan as a great set of cookware (which it is in the beginning) http://www.consumersearch.com/cookware/scanpan-classic

tried to read all the reviews. but I keep getting an error message when I try to go to Amazon...

Last edited:
i LOVE my executive cookware too!! it beats anything i have ever used! i am finishing mine out too in april :D

I like my Executive cookware, but I have had to return 3 pieces for exchange. They were the ones I use the most. It was a bit of a hassle because I had to answer a lot of questions and pay for shipping, but they did send me new ones so if was worth it. I really like are Stainless the best. I finally got a set of it and find I grab it to cook with more then the Executive. I never thought I would like it since I had Revere Ware when I first got married 25 years ago and hated it! It was not try ply though. I'm amazed at how things don't stick to it and how easy clean up is. It also stays nicer looking. I find my Executive starts to look really bad on the bottom. I also like how the Stainless can take higher heat.My sister had a set of Caphalon cookware and liked I, but liked ours even better. When she had a show she bought ours and sent her Caphalon to her son. So far she hasn't complained about ours and she has had them about 5 years. She doesn't cook as much as me though.I had a hard anodized set from QVC. It wasn't as nice as ours, but was a lot cheaper and did have a lifetime warranty. I did have to replace one pan from them and it was a lot easier then with PC. There were no questions asked. I did have to pay to ship it in, but that was it. My daughter uses it now and we have another pan to replace. We will see how this goes since it's been more years now.Thanks for sharing this info.

lt1jane said:
T
I'd be interested to see if a consultant owns any Calphalon or something else how they compare. I happened to have the unique opportunity to compare my two most used pans because I have had them for the same length of time (relatively).

Hey girl!
I have Calphalon pans! I got them years ago when I was married and I have never had problems with them until recently. I have the nonstick set & my 10" skillet that I used everyday (until I got our 12" skillet) started flaking, I sent it back in and they replaced it no problem.
I really love the way the PC pans cook better! I always use my 12" skillet, unless its just too big for what I'm cooking! I can't wait to get a PC set! I think I will get the Stainless when I do finally buy them since I have the Calphalon nonstick. But I can definitely tell a difference in the way the pans heat up/saute/boil....
I love your flyer! I think I will try and take a photo of my pans and see the difference!

Very interesting information, thanks for sharing it! I may borrow the flyer for my show binder, especially with the cookware coming up for host special in March.

I have the 12 inch executive fry pan and lid. I have to say this pan is used at least 5 times a week for meal prep and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have no issues and even pancakes come out perfectly in it! I even boil potatos for mashed in the pan. I just scrub the potatos clean, drop them in the pan skin on, cover with water and put on med high heat until they are tender when stuck with a paring knife. Generally takes about 15 minutes once they are simmering. They are always perfectly done. (note, smaller size potatos work best with this as they can be covered with water)

I also have our 5 piece stainless set and the 4 qt (?) pot is the most used of that. We got rid of our rice cooker and popcorn pot with the swivel handle on top. Rice and non microwave popcorn always come out perfectly in that pot. Even the kids can make rice in it with no issue. I actually take two cups of rice with me to some shows and start with a quick presentation of the cookware and put the rice on to simmer while I do the rest of my demo. Everyone always seems so impressed how great the rice turns out in the pot without having to 'watch' it.

abigailhutch said:
Hey girl!
I have Calphalon pans! I got them years ago when I was married and I have never had problems with them until recently. I have the nonstick set & my 10" skillet that I used everyday (until I got our 12" skillet) started flaking, I sent it back in and they replaced it no problem.
I really love the way the PC pans cook better! I always use my 12" skillet, unless its just too big for what I'm cooking! I can't wait to get a PC set! I think I will get the Stainless when I do finally buy them since I have the Calphalon nonstick. But I can definitely tell a difference in the way the pans heat up/saute/boil....
I love your flyer! I think I will try and take a photo of my pans and see the difference!

Thanks! If anyone wants, I can post better (larger) photos of my pans, or you can check them out on my facebook fan page. I have the flyer and all of my photos with explanations as an album on my fan page.

What is the difference between Executive and European Cookware?

Executive Cookware is made with a heavier gauge of aluminum, making it more durable and able to withstand higher cooking temperatures. European Cookware, on the other hand, is typically made with a thinner gauge of aluminum and is designed for more delicate cooking techniques.

Which type of cookware is better for searing meat?

Executive Cookware is better for searing meat due to its thicker gauge of aluminum, which allows for higher heat retention and more even cooking. European Cookware may not be able to withstand the high temperatures needed for a proper sear.

Can both types of cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, both Executive and European Cookware can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific stovetop compatibility.

Is one type of cookware easier to clean than the other?

In general, Executive Cookware is easier to clean due to its non-stick coating and heavier gauge of aluminum, which allows for food to easily slide off. However, both types of cookware should be hand washed and not put in the dishwasher to maintain their quality.

Which type of cookware is more expensive?

Executive Cookware is typically more expensive than European Cookware due to its heavier gauge of aluminum and higher quality construction. However, both types of cookware are durable and can last for many years with proper care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • Poll
  • jss016
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefshawna