• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Demonstrate the Versatility of the Executive Cookware?

In summary, the small Executive saute pan can be used in the oven and is easy to slide food out of the pan. The ice cube demonstration would be helpful in selling the cookware, but garlic bread is the best demonstration because of the enthusiasm and ideas that the consultant has.
avyd reader
I am a new consultant and I only have one piece of cookware to demonstrate with: the small Executive saute pan. I was told that I should cook something easy in it (like pull-apart bread) to demonstrate that it can go in the oven and how easily food slides out of the pan. I've also read here about the ice cube demonstration, which I find very interesting. Which would help the most as far as trying to sell the cookware?

My suggestion would be the pull apart bread. I have been doing the garlic bread at all my shows! It smells SO good and everyone is SO impressed :)

In my opinion it's your enthusiasm and ideas that sell the cookware more than anything! So give them LOTS of ideas - make a small batch of rice crispy treats (1/2 T butter, 2/3 cup rice crispies and 1/2 cup marshmallows, flip onto SA plate and wipe clean w/ paper towel!) Tell them about the monkey bread - (2/3 stick butter, 3-4t brown sugar, and a can of grands biscuits) or apple cinnamon bread (1 stick butter, pantry cinnamon plus, 1/4 c sugar, 1 chopped apple, can of grands), caramel pecan (stick of butter, 1 sm jar caramel ice cream topping, 1 c chopped pecans, and a can of grands.) Scrambled eggs, hash browns, etc. These are just a few ideas and maybe you can think of a few more.

And remember – MEN care what a thing is made of (100 hp, titanium bits, 3 speed, etc.) WOMEN care what they can DO with it – so whenever you talk about a product you can tell them it is made of hard anodized yada, yada, yada,, but ask yourself “so what?” and let them know why that is important. For instance, instead of just it can go in the oven up to 400 degrees, say “that means you can start pork chops on the stove and finish them in the oven for juicier chops, or make any of our skillet cakes – pineapple-upside down cake, turtle fudge skillet cake, or molten chocolate skillet brownie and have super-easy clean up with our non stick surface. (which, by the way, if any of those sound good to you, book a show and I’ll come to your house to make it for your friends and family).”

Be excited about how great the cookware is and just share your enthusiasm - that sells the cookware as well or better then any demo you can do – but a great tasting garlic bread to back it up doesn’t hurt!;)

Be knowledgable...about the cookware! You need to know your facts before you can sell it! And cookware is one of the biggest!! You need to know what makes Executive cookware better than professional and generation II. So take some time and learn your product!! :D

Does anyone know what gauge Celphelon (sp?) is? I know our Exec is 4 and 6 gauge, but can't find anywhere what gauge the competition's is.

n8vtxn said:
And remember – MEN care what a thing is made of (100 hp, titanium bits, 3 speed, etc.) WOMEN care what they can DO with it – so whenever you talk about a product you can tell them it is made of hard anodized yada, yada, yada,, but ask yourself “so what?” and let them know why that is important. For instance, instead of just it can go in the oven up to 400 degrees, say “that means you can start pork chops on the stove and finish them in the oven for juicier chops, or make any of our skillet cakes – pineapple-upside down cake, turtle fudge skillet cake, or molten chocolate skillet brownie and have super-easy clean up with our non stick surface. (which, by the way, if any of those sound good to you, book a show and I’ll come to your house to make it for your friends and family).”

You're on the right track. Facts are useless and boring, unless there is a benefit attached to it. You have to combine them to drive home a point. Don't underestimate women wanting to know facts! Today's consumer is FAR more educated and aware than you're giving them credit for.

By itself, titanium alloy aluminum is useless. So is "strength" as a benefit. Combine them. The titanium alloy aluminum gives the cookware strength for lifetime durability, but it also provides PC cookware with superior heat transfer. That is the secret to even cooking and only PC Executive cookware has it! (Don't elaborate on "it" and let them decide which "it" you're referring to.)

By the way, when some wag in the audience points out that the competitor's cookware is oven safe to 500º be sure to agree with her. You don't want to get into a fact/benefit pissing contest - you'll lose every time. Agree that the competitor's claim is 500º then politely ask how often she bakes anything over 350º? Other than frozen pizza and other things you wouldn't bake in cookware anyway, an oven temp over 350º is pretty rare. (You'll win points with the other guests, too, for politely squelching a frivolous objection.)

I started with PC 6 weeks ago and I LOVE our cookware and it shows I have almost earned the 5pc cookware set i'm $134 away! And my excitement shows. My director asked me what im doing and thats all I could tell her! I think if you beleive in what you are selling everybody else sees it to.

I, too, love how the cookware preforms, however, I am concerned about it's safety. We have stopped using it in our home. The following site is one of MANY regarding teflon safety....this is a more recent one though. (3-9-06) Anyone know any FACTS to share?

http://www.ewg.org/news/story.php?id=5146

It's perfectly safe to use!PFOA is a processing aid used in the production of Teflon, it is NOT an ingredient. Therefore there is no PFOA in the cookware. The problem is with PFOA being hazardous, but since it is not IN the cookware, then it isn't a health risk. They are putting new measures in place for purifying PFOA, not Teflon, so that it isn't polluting our water and air. Here's an attachment from another thread about it. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Cookware-DuPont Teflon Coating.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 549
Thanks to All!Thanks to all of you who took the time to post a reply. I thought you had such great ideas! I'm having my second kitchen show tomorrow night and I am grateful that I am now a little more familiar with the cookware (thanks to you guys and a lot of reading). I plan to use n8vtxn's suggestion for the Rice Krispy bars and have them done before the show. Then I'll just flip them out in front of the guests when I start talking about the cookware and wipe clean with a paper towel. Then, I'll do the ice cube demonstration! I will definitely incorporate some of the explanation provided by The Kitchen Guy. That was such a helpful post! So wish me luck - my first show was barely a show - and I could use a pick-me-up. Thanks again!

Last edited:

What is the difference between Executive Cookware and other cookware brands?

Executive Cookware is made with high-quality materials and features a unique non-stick surface that is designed to last. It also has a durable construction that is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

What type of utensils can I use with Executive Cookware?

Executive Cookware is compatible with all types of utensils, including metal and silicone. However, we recommend using silicone or wooden utensils to prevent scratching the non-stick surface.

Is Executive Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, Executive Cookware is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the non-stick coating.

Can Executive Cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, Executive Cookware is suitable for all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. It can also be used on a grill or in the oven.

What is the warranty for Executive Cookware?

Executive Cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace the product at no cost to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • leftymac
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies