• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive Cookware: Non-stick coating peeling off after just a few years?

In summary, according to the customer, the non-stick coating on her Executive Cookware began peeling off after only a few months of use. The customer has contacted HO and is waiting to hear back. Some hosts have been known to damage the cookware by cleaning it with metal utensils or by using it in the dishwasher.
scrappergirl7
Had a customer at my show last night tell me that she, her daughter, and her sister each purchased various pieces from the Executive Cookware line in 2008. All three of them are having problems with the non-stick coating peeling off!:eek: I went over proper use and care with her, and it sounds like they haven't done anything wrong. I absolutely love the Exec line, and haven't had any issues with it, although my pieces are less than 6 months old. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I always rave about the cookware at my shows, but if the coating is prone to peeling off, I don't know if I can keep raving about it anymore...:(

I would call HO. I have not heard that this is a regular issue, but there may have been a bad batch, especially if all these pieces were purchased around the same time. They have a lifetime guarantee, so HO should be able to replace them.

I'm with Noora. My customers haven't had any problems.

I've heard about peeling issues when customers run them through the dishwasher, which is a no no.

I have had my Exec Cookware since it came out and I use it probably 5 out of 7 days a week. I use silicone, nylon, and bamboo tools only and hand wash it only. None of my pans are peeling.

My SIL is having to send her skillet back, but the rest of pieces are fine.

I've had issues before with hosts putting these in the dishwasher - yikes - I stress this issue at all of my shows and make sure I call anyone who wasn't in attendance and go over use and care - especially about the dishwasher issue. It baffles me why anybody would put them in the dishwasher as they can easily be scratched with utensils in the dishwasher - but to each their own - just stress it very clearly with them and they shouldn't have a problem anymore. Home Office even told one of my customers about the dishwasher issue when I finally had her call them - she returned more than one piece - so I had her call the Home Office and they told her that they won't continue to replace them if she puts them in the dishwasher. Since then - she hasn't had to replace any of her cookware.

My DD has the 7 pc set and I have the 5 pc set. Our 12" skillet (not sure which set it came with off the top of my head) is having some peeling (looks more flaking) on it but none of the others do. I keep meaning to call HO but am forgetting until late at night. We do not ever put it in the dishwasher but sometimes we tend to let it sit too long with stuff still in it...

My 8" saute pan that came with my kit has 2 small scratches on it :( I wouldn't have noticed it if a customer hadn't pointed it out! I've contacted HO to see about a product adjustment. It's been used once, to brown ground beef in and has NEVER run through the dishwasher. I am hoping to get the full set soon, and I want to be 100% sure that its worth it.

klyvers said:
My 8" saute pan that came with my kit has 2 small scratches on it :( I wouldn't have noticed it if a customer hadn't pointed it out! I've contacted HO to see about a product adjustment. It's been used once, to brown ground beef in and has NEVER run through the dishwasher. I am hoping to get the full set soon, and I want to be 100% sure that its worth it.

Let me know what HO says. I had a helpful host was my dishes and she cleaned and stacked my bar pan with my saute pan....needless to say, she scratched a chunk out of my non stick from the outside! I was upset, but was told no go from HO. As it was misuse and abuse, and we are not covered by our liability. Ah well, I still use it for cooking as it's on the outside and I take it to my shows. When asked about it, I tell them the story of the helpful "hubby" and use it as a means to let them know that it can be damaged without proper care such as rubbing with a stone or running through dishwasher. An amusing cautionary tale. :)

I just had a customer from 2008 FB me with the same issue on her 10" skillet. She has never used metal, put it in the dishwasher or used anything harsh. Wonder what the problem is. Maybe there was a bad batch. I have NEVER had an issue with any of mine, and I use them constantly!

I just talked with a customer who was having problems with food sticking in one of her Executive Skillets. She called HO and the person she talked with suggested she soak it overnight in a mixture of vinegar and water. She tried it and it worked great! Her skillet is like new. I know it might not be the exact problems listed here but thought it might help some of your customers.

I am going to try this on my saute pan tonight. It really isn't sticking but it looks kind of ugly right now.

I have both sets and no peeling or flaking in any of them. What does amaze me is that people worry about scratches. It is going to happen no matter how careful you are with them. I amazes me that people expect things to stay perfect...hello normal wear and tear happens. I am sorry but even with my scratches the pan still works like new and that is what counts to me. However flaking and peeling are not normal and I would definately get it replaced. Just my 2 cents hope it helps. :)

jbondr said:
I just talked with a customer who was having problems with food sticking in one of her Executive Skillets. She called HO and the person she talked with suggested she soak it overnight in a mixture of vinegar and water. She tried it and it worked great! Her skillet is like new. I know it might not be the exact problems listed here but thought it might help some of your customers.

I am going to try this on my saute pan tonight. It really isn't sticking but it looks kind of ugly right now.

I have the same problem with my saute pan that came with my kit. I'm going to try this. Thanks for sharing.
I also have another problem with the 12" non-stick skillet...the short silicon handle has a crack and I notice this is getting bigger everytime. I don't know what the problem is. I really take good care of all my pans, plus I trained hubby to do the samething, and I don't put them in the dishwasher. Does any one know if I call HO will the replace the whole thing?
Fanny

I bet they'll replace it, but you'll have to ship that one back first.

How much vinegar to water solution? I have a guest who was complaining about this, too. I will forward the info. Thanks for posting!

Bumping for the ratios of vinegar to water!

1. What is included in the executive cookware set?

The executive cookware set includes a 10-inch skillet, a 2-quart saucepan with lid, a 3-quart sauté pan with lid, and a 6-quart stockpot with lid.

2. Is the executive cookware oven-safe?

Yes, the executive cookware is oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Can the executive cookware be used on all stovetop types?

Yes, the executive cookware is designed to be used on all stovetop types, including gas, electric, and induction.

4. How do I care for the executive cookware?

The executive cookware is dishwasher safe, but we recommend handwashing with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge for best results. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the non-stick surface.

5. What is the warranty on the executive cookware?

The executive cookware comes with a lifetime warranty, so if you experience any issues with the cookware, please contact us for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • Poll
  • jessicafawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • chellb1234
  • Products and Tips