• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting Opportunity: Joining Relay for Life Fundraiser!

pc fundraiser" flyer that I found on here, just adjusted it a bit. She emailed me today saying thanks for the flyer and she has made copies to give to each of the team captains, and her team will likely do one, but she just has to check with her team to make sure they want to participate! She sounds really excited to do it. I hope the rest of the team is. I am offering extra incentives for bookings $3 fromPC $2 from me, and I think maybe an free $15 extra FPV for the host. If there are 10 members on a team that is basically 10 catalog shows. Hopefully, each person can get $200 in orders. That would
sillylittlechef
I am so excited. I have been chatting with the local volunteer chairperson for relay for life. I had offered the fundraiser, but not too much info. She eventually asked for more information I gave her the "how much money can we make doing a pc fundraiser" flyer that I found on here, just adjusted it a bit. She emailed me today saying thanks for the flyer and she has made copies to give to each of the team captains, and her team will likely do one, but she just has to check with her team to make sure they want to participate! She sounds really excited to do it. I hope the rest of the team is. I am offering extra incentives for bookings $3 fromPC $2 from me, and I think maybe an free $15 extra FPV for the host.
I have not done a fundraiser yet, and I really hope this turns out well. If there are 10 members on a team that is basically 10 catalog shows. Hopefully, each person can get $200 in orders. That would be a fairly good fundraiser and if each person on their team books a party (which I am going to emphasize) that's an extra 10 shows for me! There are 56 teams in this ladies reach and hopefully, a few of them will want to work with me on this. Suprisingly, she said that no other PC person has ever offered to do a fundraiser for them! kinda suprising.
(I know, you poopooers out there, leave me in my wishful thinking bliss)

sillylittlechef said:
I am so excited. I have been chatting with the local volunteer chairperson for relay for life. I had offered the fundraiser, but not too much info. She eventually asked for more information I gave her the "how much money can we make doing a pc fundraiser" flyer that I found on here, just adjusted it a bit. She emailed me today saying thanks for the flyer and she has made copies to give to each of the team captains, and her team will likely do one, but she just has to check with her team to make sure they want to participate! She sounds really excited to do it. I hope the rest of the team is. I am offering extra incentives for bookings $3 fromPC $2 from me, and I think maybe an free $15 extra FPV for the host.
I have not done a fundraiser yet, and I really hope this turns out well. If there are 10 members on a team that is basically 10 catalog shows. Hopefully, each person can get $200 in orders. That would be a fairly good fundraiser and if each person on their team books a party (which I am going to emphasize) that's an extra 10 shows for me! There are 56 teams in this ladies reach and hopefully, a few of them will want to work with me on this. Suprisingly, she said that no other PC person has ever offered to do a fundraiser for them! kinda suprising.
I say GO for IT Dusty. Did you call her or write her via the posted chairs address?

Yes, I got her email from the website and just emailed her. She actually asked me if that was where I got it from. She wanted to make sure that people were able to see it easily. I assume that is why it's posted there. The only thing to be weary of is now she wants me to lead my own relay team:)

sillylittlechef said:
Yes, I got her email from the website and just emailed her. She actually asked me if that was where I got it from. She wanted to make sure that people were able to see it easily. I assume that is why it's posted there. The only thing to be weary of is now she wants me to lead my own relay team:)
That's what I was thinking too. There are so many in my area (w/in 40 Miles)
The possibilities are endless and if I need to walk.....not only will I be helping someone else BUT(I might walk some of mine off). hehe.
I know corny but it will frce me to get out and WALK

Exactly
sillylittlechef said:

When I sent my "profit" sheet I did mine with 15 team members getting 5, 10, 15, & 20 orders at $30 & $50. :eek: OMGoodness they can really rack up the dough with a handful of people. The chairperson I talked to said she would pass the info onto her teams too. Who knows maybe I'll get a couple of fund-raisers out of this. Plus to sweeten the pot I am matching PC dollar for dollar.:cool: Im also a cancer survivor and without a team I cant do much, so this is my way of helping the cause. I totaled profits of $675-$4,500.
Thank you for posting this I wouldnt have thought to go through ACS local office without you:)

Last edited:
Here is my adjusted breakdown of profitsAttached is my breakdown of profits for Relay for Life

Attachments

• Breakdown of profits relay for life.doc
    30 KB · Views: 419
here's the one I did. Mind you this is Just for RFL. I don't plan to donate that much to everyone.

Attachments

• relay for life fundraiser profit breakdown[1].doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 537
I've been talking to the local Relay Chairperson and this is what I sent her the other day -I'm also going to the team leader meeting next week and will bring the info.

The Relay here is in June so I am figuring that May would be perfect so we can include the HWC products and the profit will already be 25% from PC.

Hope this helps someone - I started with something I found on this site and just updated it to fit the Relay. Teams are smaller so I had to lower the amount of participants...

Val

Attachments

• Fundraiser Relay for Life.doc
    32 KB · Views: 614
pamperedval said:
The Relay here is in June so I am figuring that May would be perfect so we can include the HWC products and the profit will already be 25% from PC.

The percent only goes to 25% if it is an official HWC fundraiser & the funds go straight to ACS from PC. If it is for relay & the funds go to the team, they get the usual 10 to 15%

I noticed this when I was getting ready to send a similar letter to local Relay coordinators in my area. So has anyone made up the difference using their commissions to give the Relay Team the same in proceeds? What breakdown did you do?

I mailed out info to 8 local team leaders on Friday...praying for success from the mailouts & success for all of you who are wanting to join in with this too! Where did you find a local chairperson's contact info? I looked through the our local relay info. and found teams etc. but didn't find a chairperson, or an individual to contact for anything other than to sign up to lead a team. I probably just missed it somewhere...

elijahstrust said:
I noticed this when I was getting ready to send a similar letter to local Relay coordinators in my area. So has anyone made up the difference using their commissions to give the Relay Team the same in proceeds? What breakdown did you do?

Dawn,

I pitched the PC fundraiser to my team at our last meeting and I told them they could have all my commission...minus maybe a little for the printed material I order from Office Depot and other supplies or expenses incurred. Sometimes, ifit's not a RFL fundraiser, I may offer a specified percentage based on goals. Say from me they get 3% for $1000 in orders or 5% for $1500 and so on. or more $$$ for bookings if that is what you are after. What is great is that it is up to you if/how much you wanna donate from your commission check! Just do what you are comfortable with. I've not been able to participate in a lot of our fundraising ventures this year and so I'm totally comfortable with giving most all of mine. Plus, the big picture is that I will have more points...Mickey...here I come!

I would love to do this as breast cancer runs in my family and I try to stay involved in fundraising for ACS but our local office has a PC rep working there so she pretty much has the market cornered...

1. What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise money for cancer research, support services, and education programs. It involves teams of people taking turns walking or running around a track or designated path for a certain amount of time.

2. How can I get involved in the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

There are various ways to get involved in the Relay for Life Fundraiser. You can join an existing team or create your own team to participate in the event. You can also volunteer your time or make a donation to support the cause.

3. When and where does the Relay for Life Fundraiser take place?

The Relay for Life Fundraiser is typically held in the spring or summer months at a local track, park, or other designated area. The exact date and location may vary depending on your location, so be sure to check with your local American Cancer Society chapter for more information.

4. Do I need to have any special skills or abilities to participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

No, anyone can participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser regardless of their skills or abilities. The event is open to people of all ages and fitness levels. It's all about coming together as a community to support a great cause.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

Participating in the Relay for Life Fundraiser not only helps raise money for cancer research and support services, but it also brings people together and creates a sense of community. It's a great way to make a positive impact and show your support for those affected by cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
katem51
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24