• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Motivation: Navigating Career Changes and Setting New Goals

In summary, the author has been a consultant for 10 years, but has changed their goals and schedule since starting a new job in January. They are looking for some motivation, and are hopeful for the upcoming Feast.
chezshelly
Gold Member
Actually I'm not so much excited as looking for some motivation. Been at this for nearly 10 years and started a new job last January. Needless to say my goals have changed tremendously as well as my schedule, etc since first starting. I used to be able to do 4 shows a week, only doing PC as a job. With the added job, I can only do one. Trying really hard to change my goals and not get down on myself. Anyone else been through anything similar?

YES! I've been a consultant for almost 6 years. Life just happens. I don't have a full-time or even part-time job earning a "regular paycheck", but I homeschool 2 kids (takes alot more time as they have gotten older), running them to and from sports or scouts, and now a newer house where we are setting up our little homestead (garden, animals, etc). It adds up and PC just ends up sliding to the backseat! I've got to figure out how to manage things more efficiently to get at least 1 show a week.I'm going to Feast this weekend...haven't been in a couple of years. Hoping to get refocused too!

Ladies - I am sure you will both get everything exactly where you want PC to be in your lives. I am a new consultant and it's my first Feast. What should I expect?Thanks!

I am excited for Feast.....missed having a fall meeting. Except lots of fun Sherry! I love when they announce the new products! And I love to hear the stories from other consultants....very inspirational. I still wish they had national conference, but this will do for now! Can't wait and I have to wait until February 8th. Be sure to bring a jacket because some years it's extremely cold depending on the location.

I have been to them all except last year at this time because of a major surgery. Yes the rooms are usually very cold, the foods not bad, imo, and the information is generally good. Hoping for a big boost of motivation and just a general which way do I go now that a lot in my life has changed.

For those who have never been, or maybe not been in awhile (like me), here was a thread on Tips for Spring Launch. Like bringing a sweater, etc! :) (just bare in mind, it is from 2011, so some things may not still be applicable - like do they still give out mini-catalogs, or just ONE?)

I too am where you are at. My life changed drastically when I got permanently laid off in 2009. I found that my ego took a hard kick in the teeth and my PC business dropped off - A LOT!
I went back to school, doing 8 hours a day and then at least 4 hours of homework a day. By the weekend I was simply to pooped to pop!
Then I got a few contract jobs that had me running up and down stairs, laying on floors, covered in dirt by the time I got home. And all this while carrying PCs of which were full sized and by the 10th or 12th one in a day, you feel like your arms will fall off.
Since June of 2012 I have worked for the same company. 8 hours a day. 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. - yeah right!
I never know for sure which days! Sometimes 5 sometimes 6 or even a 10 to 12 day stretch without a break. Not to mention being off by 3 p.m. is an if. Extremely hard to schedule shows around. For the first few months I tried but ended up cancelling more parties than I was able to do because "things came up" at work.
I decided however and despite that, I was going to hang in there with my PC business. My commissions for 2013 - just under $700. That's OK. My director is so cool with it that in itself keeps me motivated.
I too was signed to go to Feast yesterday but when I got up at 4:30 to make the 2 hour trip down, I turned on the news. There were already reports of 7 cars spinning out on the roads and the freeways were still snow covered all the way into the west burbs of Chicago. And the worst of the snow had not yet hit. I made the decision to forfeit my $59 and not take a chance.
But here is the funny thing, just knowing that home office was still supporting us and our needs by going on with feast and always providing on-line training and such, makes me motivated.
I know life will come up with changes for me again. It is the nature of life itself to keep evolving and changing. And then I might be able to become more stable in my schedule. (I know a few people out here know me enough to state that I too need to be more stable in my own mind, but I digress even though it still is true!) If not, well, prior choices will need to be looked at and changed if needed. With my director and her fellow directors around, I feel like I am still in the game, that I am always welcome at our meetings and that I am still a Pampered Chef consultant. With love like that, how can you go wrong?
Motivation comes from within. Sometimes YOUR goals and expectations need to be change INSIDE. But never regret any changes you need to make if you feel like you made the wrong choice, CHANGE IT AGAIN! There is no wrong way to do your business as long as you remember it can be changed any time, any where and in anyway. I mean, anyone here who has NOT to make some hard choices, please chime in! I truly believe and know in all the years I have been out here, that not one of us has not at some point simply wanted to give up and give in. I did give up. But with my own choice to make it not completely. So...
BREATH DEEP! THINK HARD! Give yourself permission to do what ever it is that you want to do. I think we all forget that WE are in control and not PC, our directors, our families, our jobs or any thing else. WE ARE STRONG! WE MAKE IT HAPPEN OR CUT IT DOWN WHEN NEEDED. Good luck!

What is "Excited About Feast"?

"Excited About Feast" is a special promotion and event hosted by Pampered Chef, featuring new and exclusive products, recipes, and deals for our customers.

When does "Excited About Feast" take place?

The "Excited About Feast" event typically takes place during the holiday season, usually starting in late October and running through December.

How can I participate in "Excited About Feast"?

To participate in "Excited About Feast", you can attend a virtual or in-person party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant, or shop directly on our website during the event period.

What products are featured during "Excited About Feast"?

"Excited About Feast" features a variety of new and exclusive products, including cookware, kitchen tools, and food items, perfect for preparing delicious holiday meals and treats.

Are there any special deals or discounts during "Excited About Feast"?

Yes, there are often special deals and discounts available during "Excited About Feast", including limited-time offers and bundles. Be sure to check our website or attend a party to take advantage of these great deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
freebyrdz
  • pampchefrhondab