1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ever heard of Pina Colada Rolls??

1. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

I have a hostess who wants me to make them...but I've never heard of them? Anyone have the recipe??

2. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

Here is a recipe that comes from a site my recruiter told me about (http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm):

Pina Colada Rolls
    Submitted by Rini

Rolls
    1 pouch (16 ounces) Pizza Crust & Roll Mix
    (including yeast packet)
    1 cup very warm water (120º-130ºF)
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
    1 egg

Filling
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup pineapple preserves
    3/4 cup flaked coconut
    1/4 cup almonds, chopped

Glaze
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup pineapple preserves
    1/2 teaspoon rum extract

1. In a bowl, prepare dough according to package directions for dinner rolls; knead 5 minutes and let rest an additional 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare filling.

2. For filling, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, preserves, coconut and almonds chopped; mix well. Set aside.

3. Lightly flour flat side of cutting board. Using lightly floured pizza roller, roll dough to edges of cutting board. Spread filling over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Starting at longest edge, roll up tightly; press edge to seal.

4. Using a knife, slice roll into 1 1/2-inch slices to make 12 rolls and place in lightly greased rectangular baker. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375ºF.

5. Remove plastic wrap; bake on middle rack of oven 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; let cool 5 minutes.

6. For glaze, combine cream cheese, preserves and rum extract; mix well. Spread over warm rolls.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Sodium 480 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Hope this helps, let us know how it turns out!! The above site has all the tried and true PC recipes, even the old classics.

May 30, 2009
  3. diradt

diradt Member

Anyone know if there is a substitute for the PC Dough...would any pizza dough work?

May 30, 2009
  4. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I would think that any pizza crust mix that equalled 16 ounces would work. Maybe you could try the refridgerated pizza dough? I would probably use 2 though

May 31, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Did you end up making these? Were they good?

Jun 2, 2009
  6. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

I am making them tonight!! I'll let you know!

7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Thanks! Can't wait to hear how they come out!

Jun 6, 2009
  8. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

How are they??? I love coconut :love:

Jun 6, 2009
Have something to add?