• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Get a Song Stuck in Your Head?

In summary, Taylor Swift sang "Love Story" at the CMA's and the guy at work said do wah to refer to something. The songs that are stuck in my head are "Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, we're on our way...." (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), "Henry the 8th" (from Herman's Hermits), and "Napoleon XIV" (from The Lion Sleeps Tonight).
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Did you watch the CMA's Wednesday night? Did you see Taylor Swift perform "Love Story" (the Romeo and Juliet song)? I've had that song stuck in my head all day! At least I like it, I hate it when I get stuck on a song that I don't like.

So, are you singing it now too?

That happens to me as well. Enjoy it!!

No but when I made my 12 Days of Christmas email, that's all I could keep singing. It finally went away and hopefully it won't come back now!

HAHA!! How about having this stuck in your head......

'Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, we're on our way...." :sing:
OR
"Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, come inside, it's fun inside...." :sing:

Right now, I only have songs from McLeod's Daughters soundtracks stuck in my head. They're really good though! :)

I get knocked down, but get up again....................repeat as needed.

Today it is "Do wah ditty ditty dum..."I guy at work said do wah to refer to something and everyone started singing...

Too funny! I just walked back to my computer singing that song...I love Taylor Swift. I have been listening to it (love story) over & over again on my way to & from work. My previous fav was "Johnny & June" its by Heidi Newfield.

My husband calls those songs "ear worms"...
LOL

Can't remember the commercial - but the song is "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go...."

The other one is the Barney Clean-up song :(

I've been accused of launching ear worms up here - it was Leanin' on the Lamp yesterday. I've bee hearing so much of the Trepak from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker the last few days that it's stuck up there, too. But it could be worse. It could be...Napoleon XIV

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've been accused of launching ear worms up here - it was Leanin' on the Lamp yesterday. I've bee hearing so much of the Trepak from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker the last few days that it's stuck up there, too. But it could be worse. It could be...

Napoleon XIV

As soon as I heard the first 3 beats I knew what was next - so glad I didn't listen to that - it would drive me bonkers!

After I watched the movie Ghost - I had Herman's Hermits "Henry the 8th" stuck in my head for days!

Everytime we go down to Children's Hospital here in OKC, where it is like a huge maze to get from point a to b... I get "follow the yellow brick road....." I even get a silly munchkin type voice going.

well just think when we all go to Disney in 2010... we will have 1 song in all of our heads! :)

:sing:It's a small world after all...:sing:

That's cruel and unusual punishment! Ya hadda go say that, didn't you?ARRRRGH!

The Lion Sleeps Tonight, is one that gets stuck often- If I hear it on the radio, it will be lodged in my brain for days!!!!

I have a terminal case of continual earwigs (also known here as ear worms). I'm convinced they'll kill me one day. Most days I walk around with one song or another running continually through my head. It isn't necessarily continuous, but it is continual. Generally the only way to get mine to leave for good is to replace it with another, equally earwiggy song.

don't get songs stuck they'd have to shut the voices in my head up first :)

PChefPEI said:
HAHA!! How about having this stuck in your head......

'Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, we're on our way...." :sing:
OR
"Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, come inside, it's fun inside...." :sing:

Right now, I only have songs from McLeod's Daughters soundtracks stuck in my head. They're really good though! :)

Everynight!:cry:

Right now mine is Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! I was probably the last song I heard while shopping today.

As I'm wrapping Christmas gifts, I need to print out some lyrics that are now stuck in my head. For the story of the Tree Carcass go here:http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/you-...-tree-up-already-46118/index2.html#post576350I found a pig that oinks "O Christmas Tree" for my Pig Butt Buddy. I worked up some new lyrics to include with the gift. Here they are.O’ Tree Carcass
(Sung to the tune of O’ Christmas Tree)O’ Tree Carcass
O’ Tree Carcass
You’re dead but so be-lov-edO’ Tree Carcass
O’ Tree Carcass
You’re dead but so be-lov-edYes, you’ll be green
A week or two,
But then your brown
Will make us blueO’ Tree Carcass
O’ Tree Carcass
You’re dead but so be-lov-ed

ROFLOL!! Love your tune, Rae!!!

Thanks. I'm adding it to Bob Rivers' Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire to round out my repertoire.

Walkin' 'Round In Women's UnderwearLacy things -- the wife is missin',
Didn't ask -- her permission,
I'm wearin' her clothes,
Her silk pantyhose,
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear.In the store -- there's a teddy,
Little straps -- like spaghetti,
It holds me so tight,
Like handcuffs at night,
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear.In the office there's a guy named Melvin,
He pretends that I am Murphy Brown.
He'll say, "Are you ready?" I'll say,"Whoa, Man!"
"Let's wait until our wives are out of town!"Later on, if you wanna,
We can dress -- like Madonna,
Put on some eyeshade,
And join the parade,
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear!Lacy things... missin',
Didn't ask... permission,
Wearin' her clothes,
Her silk pantyhose,
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear,
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear,
Walkin' 'round in women's underwear!

ROFL! SOOOOOO glad I don't know the tune to that one.... becuase it would def be stuck in my head

great - just found the link! Thanks guys!

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!

Lisa, I LOVE that one, and also the one about the Italian Christmas Donkey, I can not remember the exact name just now, but I love it!!!

I went to get my son at the neighbor's house last night...this song was playing when I got there...it's stuck in my head again! Only problem with it is that I only know a few lines of it and it's playing over and over and over.....

Ooh, Linda, that's bad. It's like listening to a skipping record.

that's a very good description Rae :)

Last night my DS was talking about trying cocnut in school and the song from coke popped in my head and it stayed there all night. Put the lime in the coke u nut, and that is all the stupid song I know.

raebates said:
Ooh, Linda, that's bad. It's like listening to a skipping record.

...like any of the kids on this board even know what that's like, let alone, what it means.

I'm 35 & I know what it means..lol

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
...like any of the kids on this board even know what that's like, let alone, what it means.

exactly.....you are probably refering to 78's....right (I'll be hiding under my desk for a while :D )

KG was referring to the ones that were wax, not vinyl. :)

Yeah, they were cylinders.

At least it's not the Oscar Meyer wiener song - that NEVER leaves once it gets in there.

How about:

"I love my Mom,
Uh huh,
My Mom is cool,
Uh huh,
But now it's time, for having fun at school,
Uh Huh!"

Courtesy of Jim Henson/Sid the Science Kid

Although it is pretty cute when your 3 and 4 year olds sing multiple versions of it (depending on where you are heading out to), BOY does it get annoying when it's in your head ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!!

AnnieBee said:
How about:

"I love my Mom,
Uh huh,
My Mom is cool,
Uh huh,
But now it's time, for having fun at school,
Uh Huh!"

Courtesy of Jim Henson/Sid the Science Kid

Although it is pretty cute when your 3 and 4 year olds sing multiple versions of it (depending on where you are heading out to), BOY does it get annoying when it's in your head ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!!

Or:

I'm lookin for my friends,
I'm looking for you.
I'm looking for my friends.....

Okay great, now, when it's finally nice and quiet here, I'm going to be singing tunes from Sid The Science Kid....hope I can get to sleep.:rolleyes:

DS is practicing his songs for the Holiday show at school. He's stuck on "Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel" and "Thumpity Thump Thump..." for Frosty the Snowman.

ChefBeckyD said:
Or:

I'm lookin for my friends,
I'm looking for you.
I'm looking for my friends.....

Okay great, now, when it's finally nice and quiet here, I'm going to be singing tunes from Sid The Science Kid....hope I can get to sleep.:rolleyes:

How could I forget that one!

Sweet dreams...

1. Ever Get a Song Stuck in Your Head?

Yes, it's a common experience for many people. It happens when a catchy or memorable tune gets stuck in our minds and plays on repeat without our control.

2. Did you watch the CMA's Wednesday night?

As a company, Pampered Chef does not have a specific stance on watching award shows. However, many of our employees are fans of country music and may have watched the CMA's.

3. Did you see Taylor Swift perform "Love Story" (the Romeo and Juliet song)?

We are not able to comment on individual performances, but Taylor Swift is a talented artist and many people enjoy her music.

4. I've had that song stuck in my head all day! At least I like it, I hate it when I get stuck on a song that I don't like.

We agree, having a song stuck in your head can be frustrating, especially if it's a song you don't particularly enjoy. It's always nice when it's a song we like!

5. So, are you singing it now too?

As a company, we do not have a stance on singing songs, but it's safe to say that catchy songs can be hard to resist singing along to!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • katie0128