• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ethical question - kitchen vs catalog, free kitchen towel

Oct 23, 2005
15
0
I'm a new consultant and have been told by a couple other PC people to submit a catalog show as a kitchen show or to tell home office that you have 6 Jan shows to get the free towel when you really don't have that many booked. Is this standard practice?

~Jenny
 

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
5,630
1
I just looked at the Promotion again and it does say "That all show types qualify for this promotion". So, if you have catalog shows that you're doing, put them down as catalog shows! :)
 
Last edited:

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
1,159
0
Sad

As we all know, everyone has their own ethics. I personally do not condon what you have referenced for myself or for my cluster; however, people will do what they want to do. There is no way to know that someone is doing this unless they tell you so!

I hope that you do not think all of us live by a code of ethics that would allow us to cheat the very company that helps supports our familes, lets us stay at home with our children, or takes us on amazing family vacations!
 

Pampered Sofia

Novice Member
Oct 18, 2005
44
0
I agree...

with Marlene 100%. For a company that already showers us with assistance and free products why would you want to cheat them... Nobody but you will know what kind of show you are having or if you're really having one so it is completely up to you. I personally only change a catalog show into a kitchen show if the host makes $600 in sales, as a thank-you for them working so hard.
 

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
13,007
42
I also agree that we need to always be honest. If someone does a great catalog show I will find a way to demo something for them if I can so they get the extra kitchen show benefit. If that is not possible I will give them the $15 in products myself (order it on the host discount benefit of 25% off and the cost to you is $8.45 - commission pays that part). Our Recipe for Success spells out the standards we should be operating our businesses by.

Pampered Chef is so generous to us and gives us lots of reasons to work on getting the incentives and therefore the bookings. For many of us it's the incentives that get us to pick up that phone and make those contacts and that's what grows our businesses. I wouldn't want something I didn't really earn. Every time I'd look at it I would be reminded that I really shouldn't have it.

If you make up shows to get the towel it won't help you build your business. I used it as an excuse to get a couple extra shows on the calendar! I called people from my list and said that we were working on a new promotion and I need 6 shows in January to qualify and told them the awesome extra host benefits for January that they will get. I had no problem getting more than 6 legitimate shows on my calendar. Promotions like this are there to help you pick up that phone and get that month off to a good start. Oh, and, don't stop at 6.
 

Mom4kanda

Member
Aug 24, 2005
80
0
I am with everyone 110%. That is the way we build our business.

We need to strive to better with each promotion and our customers/hosts a nd guests will gladly help us achieve our goals, honestly.
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Beth Brigham said:
..... I called people from my list and said that we were working on a new promotion and I need 6 shows in January to qualify and told them the awesome extra host benefits for January that they will get. I had no problem getting more than 6 legitimate shows on my calendar. Promotions like this are there to help you pick up that phone and get that month off to a good start. Oh, and, don't stop at 6.

Love that! I'm up to 5 January shows ~ but we still have a few weeks to get them booked!
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Princess_Buttercup said:
I'm a new consultant and have been told by a couple other PC people to submit a catalog show as a kitchen show or to tell home office that you have 6 Jan shows to get the free towel when you really don't have that many booked. Is this standard practice?

~Jenny

Just wanted to remind everyone that Jenny is just asking us if this is "normal" because she was told it was ~ SHE hasn't done this herself.

I agree with what's been said and would never do that myself ~

No hard feelings with Jenny for asking this.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
 
F

friday

Guest
I'm new here, so I hope that I am not crossing any lines with my opinion here.

I have 5 legitimate shows scheduled for January and I am thrilled. I have enough shows between now and the Christmas cut off that 6 in January will be no problem. This is the best booked January I have ever had in my entire career. I might even hazard to say it is one of the best MONTHS I have scheduled ever. (the trick now is going to be to host coach them just the right way so I have no cancellations- but that is another thread I am sure)

I have been in PC for 7 1/2 years. I have seen all kinds of shenannigans but the bottom line is you MUST be true to you. If you really want the towel, but don't want to work for it, then it is sort of a goodbye gift because how can you possibly stay in business with that sort of standard?

Friday
 

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
4,488
0
friday said:
I'm new here, so I hope that I am not crossing any lines with my opinion here.

I have 5 legitimate shows scheduled for January and I am thrilled. I have enough shows between now and the Christmas cut off that 6 in January will be no problem. This is the best booked January I have ever had in my entire career. I might even hazard to say it is one of the best MONTHS I have scheduled ever. (the trick now is going to be to host coach them just the right way so I have no cancellations- but that is another thread I am sure)

I have been in PC for 7 1/2 years. I have seen all kinds of shenannigans but the bottom line is you MUST be true to you. If you really want the towel, but don't want to work for it, then it is sort of a goodbye gift because how can you possibly stay in business with that sort of standard?

Friday
That's a wonderful schedule you've booked for yourself! Way to go. It's nice to see all your hard work pay off, isn't it? Do you send letters to your January hosts throughout the holidays? Our cluster does this (unfortunately I don't have any of the letters saved as a file....our director gives the hard copies to us). But each letter is something like giving a little reiminder about our show, showing our appreciation and includes a nice recipe that can be used around the holidays. It just keeps your name in front of those hosts' faces so they have the show in their mind just a little bit during the chaos of the holidays. Then you don't have to bug them by phone. If I somehow get the script of this letter, I'll post it here, but I strongly recommend this. Maybe someone else has it saved.

Congrats again on all your hard work in preparation for January! :)
 
F

friday

Guest
pamperedbecky said:
Do you send letters to your January hosts throughout the holidays? )

This is off topic but here is my answer. I am sending post cards to all my January hosts on December 1st. These I made myself and contain the date of the show, and the host bonus for January in a sort of coupon form. Then, the Thursday before Christmas, I am mailing out the OOF's with the guest specials outlined on them, and a single small bamboo spoon. A tag attached to the spoon says "This can be kept or traded up for a Bamboo Spoon Set with 10 guest orders at your show." These will likely be received by hosts during that dull down time somewhere between Christmas and New Years.

I have to admit I have never tried this before, but personally, I don't much care if the shows are small, I just really want them to hold their dates so I can schedule more shows for double trip points month in February.

friday
 
F

friday

Guest
pamperedbecky said:
Where did you see that February was double trip points??


It is double points month in Canada. It was in the newsletter I got from my Exec. Director yesterday. I have to assume that she knows what she is talking about. (??)

friday
 
Feb 18, 2005
17
0
Princess_Buttercup said:
I'm a new consultant and have been told by a couple other PC people to submit a catalog show as a kitchen show or to tell home office that you have 6 Jan shows to get the free towel when you really don't have that many booked. Is this standard practice?

~Jenny

I had to read this several times to make sure I was reading this correctly. Absolutely not. I have never heard this mentioned in my Cluster, Group sites, or Help Forums. Just read #1. in the Kitchen Consultant Agreement and you will know what you and everyone else Agreed to. See Below:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Kitchen Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.
 

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
4,488
0
friday said:
It is double points month in Canada. It was in the newsletter I got from my Exec. Director yesterday. I have to assume that she knows what she is talking about. (??)

friday
Hmmm...Maybe it's just Canada or maybe it is in the US too, but we just haven't heard about it yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed because I would love a double points month!!! :)
 

WendyAebi

Member
Aug 24, 2005
174
0
Becky, what I'm hearing here locally is that February is "always" the month for double trip points (like for the last 7 years at least), but with the new schedule they announced with when we'll be finding things out, it won't be announced until Feb. 1. In my mind, that leaves open the possibility that February might *not* be double trip points; just because it always was, doesn't mean it always will be. But I hope it is!!
 

Marg

Advanced Member
Jan 27, 2005
653
0
Yep, February is double commissionable sales points in Canada. And I also heard that if you sign a consultant in Dec, s/he gets and extra 30 days to achieve Bonus one - 60 days instead of 30 and the entire super starter period will be 120 days instead of 90. :D
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
pamperedbecky said:
Hmmm...Maybe it's just Canada or maybe it is in the US too, but we just haven't heard about it yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed because I would love a double points month!!! :)

If you are going to Leadership Conference December is double point month.
 
Oct 23, 2005
15
0
I am feeling soooo relieved after reading the replies that it is not "normal" to lie and say a catalog show is a kitchen show or to lie to gain a towel. Unfortunatlely it does seem to be more common with the consultants that I know. As a new consultant myself, (still in my ss months) and just learning the ropes, I am thankful there is this community to pose these questions.

~Jenny
 

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
13,007
42
We will get bonus 2006 trip points for sales in December (doubled for those who attend leadership) and double trip points in February. This is in the December Kitchen Consultant News. Directors got the on line version last week. :)
 
Top