• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home: Advice Requested

In summary, Rae thinks it's unethical for more than 1 PC consultant to be at an event, and she thinks it would be a waste of time for the other consultant.
natural
Gold Member
Hi all,
I have a downline gal who wants to be a part of a craft and vendor expo at a Nursing home setting. There will be another PC person there, but she will be in another room in the building. Do you think it would be ethical for me to give her the go ahead to set up?

No...even if there is a different room, it would be "unfair competing" and no one wins in that kind of situation! I've seen neither consultant get many orders if it is done that way. I had some booth time with another consultant at a couple of fairs. She offered different things than I did using the Pampered Pool and it caused some real confusion when I was there vs when she was there. There was a similar thread that had a lady go to a Vendor Fair and there was another PC consultant who had quite an elaborate display. She left because she felt she couldn't compete and it would be a waste of time.

Last edited:
As long as the Expo does not have any rules against it, I do not see a problem with it. I have been to things before that have two of the same tables.

I don't think it's unethical if there are no rules against it. However, she's likely to be disappointed in the results. Frankly, I wouldn't participate in an expo where more than 1 PC consultant was allowed.

raebates said:
I don't think it's unethical if there are no rules against it. However, she's likely to be disappointed in the results. Frankly, I wouldn't participate in an expo where more than 1 PC consultant was allowed.

I agree, it's not unethical, but she will be disappointed. When you are doing a booth you are in a sense in competition with everyone there. People come with "X" amount of money to spend. I think her time could be put to better use in another way!

raebates said:

I agree with Rae.

wow thanks you all!! I appreciate your input!!!

I worked an event a few weeks ago and when I got there found out another PC consultant was there. We were across the room from each other. My contact said she didn't find out until the night before the event. I had signed up and paid in Oct. The other gal came over and introduced herself. She stated her dissappointment and said she had done a dif. event the day before and stayed overnight at a hotel to do this one. I asked her when she signed up and she said last week. When she found out I had signed up over a month ago she didn't really react, but later when I went to her display and made positive comments about it she ignored me. So far none of the contacts are interested in hosting or purchasing....just in winning the door prize....... I gave the other consultant my card, but she didn't have any to give out, so I guess I'll never know how things went for her. She did pack up about 2 hours early....so maybe not so well, either. (Most of these type of events are to help the schools, etc. that sponsor them....so I always think I'm at least donating for a good cause.)

I have tried to get into events like this, but there is a PC consultant that has beat me to every one so far, when they ask me for my information to contact me next year if she does not come back, i say my city, and their like OHHH the other consultant lives there too, I always ask if it's Becki... they always say yes, and I laugh, she lives across the street from me. I forgot she was a consultant when I signed, otherwise I would have done so under her!

If someone gets to the event before me, I wouldn't want to step on anyones toes. We are all like family, and you wouldn't stab a family member in the back, or at least I would hope that you wouldnt!

I think it is really crappy for organizers to allow more than one DS company to their events. I do an event every year in Oct and there is always at least one more PC consultant there, although it is on the other side of the building. I've been doing this event for over 4 yrs and have usually had good success even though there's been another consultant there. This year, I got NO leads, NO bookings and NO sales. It was a complete waste of my time and money! I will NOT do this event again. And I've been questioning other organizers to find out if they are allowing more than one rep and those who say they do I won't do again.

I think you can probably "offer" it to your girl, but tell her EXACTLY the facts and let HER decide if she feels it's worth it.

I happen to be the new consultant that is up in the air about the fair being there will be another PC consultant there. I feel that I want to do this one because it is in my hometown, and I really need to get my name out there. I believe the other person is from a distance away. I don't want to be unfair to anyone, however, I feel this is an opportunity to let people that I know and people in my community know that I am in this business. I would appreciate any thoughts you may still have. Thanks to all!

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with it as long as the organizers aren't promising the other consultant that she's the only one. Since you are viewing this as mostly a way to get your name out there locally, it sounds like a good opportunity. Just be sure you put your contact info on everything you hand out. And I do mean everything!

Congrats on starting your new business! Since this is in your hometown, do the event if you feel it will be worth it for you! Good luck!

Hey, it's kind of odd to see another user with "upnorth" in their name... ;)

I thought that too! LOL

Thanks you guys! This makes it easier for me. I have been feeling stressed most of the day about it! Any ideas for handouts? I am thinking of using recipes with my name on them. Shall I try the coupon thing? I am so happy that my upline told me about this site!

And we're glad to have you aboard. If you're comfortable doing the coupon thing, go for it. Just remember that it will lower your commission. Since you're just getting started you might not want to do that yet. Recipes are always a great idea, especially if you have a few to choose from.

Well everyone...I just found out that the woman I thought was from a distance away is actually closer than I thought. So now I am feeling rather weird about the whole thing! BUT I am pumped to do it. Thanks, Rae, for the info re:coupons! Will probably stick to the recipes. And Janet...aren't WE creative!!

My only fear about doing it as a way to get your name out is that you are aware that there is another consultant signed up and don't have a problem with it. The other consultant may not feel the same way. Just be prepared for anything you may encounter.

The recipe cards are great to hand out. I make labels with my name, phone #, email, and website address. I tell people, "You don't always keep a business card, but I'm sure you won't throw away this great recipe!" They are only 30/$1 which is cheap!!

Sandraupnorth said:

... I feel that I want to do this one because it is in my hometown, and I really need to get my name out there. I believe the other person is from a distance away....

Ask if you can be placed towards the entrance or beginning of the fair. Then you will be seen FIRST. I too have solo dibs on our smalltown Christmas bazaar... I share my booth spaces throughout the year with other consultants... but this one is mone :cool: Good luck with our new business and WELCOME to the PC family...

I do understand that you are trying to get your name out there. And I wish you the best. I did the county fair this summerr (which cost me well over $100 and a week of my time). When I arrived there was another consultant there. I had signed up 6 months prior - she, the week before. I was not very happy with the organization for not letting her know I was there when she asked. She did say she checked. What I would have preferred was if we were actually working TOGETHER. It made it seem like we were competing and we were not. There were no ill feelings between us. Maybe you could contact her and see if you could work something out together. Explain your situation.

If you do decide to do it alone, make sure you are totally on your game. We all sell the same thing - what makes us different is us. Good Luck!!

PS. The girl was from out of town and a lot of people took my info because I was local. Hometown Loyalty!!!

I also understand wanting to get your info out there. And I agree as long as there are no rules thru the event about 2 reps from the same co. then it is not a Question of ethics.

BUT... I will NOT do an event with another PC person there. If I find out there is one I ask to be put on a waiting list for another time of if the person bails at the last minute.
I then move on and keep looking for other events. It is just too awkward. Many times If I am signing up for an event even if I am first I will ask If they will allow 2 from the same CO. If so I seriously considder if it is an event I want to do.

I am in a pretty small town and after 2 years gave up my spot last summer at my county fair. It killed me to do it and another local Cons did get the spot 2 weeks before the event. I was bummed since I will not have first dibs next year. It was a choice I had to make for my family and overall do not regreat it. This same local consultant is pretty much in all the local events I am not.

The most important thing I can say is make sure everyone you know or that sees you knows you do PC. I run into people everyday that mention "I have known o-n-so for 3 years and did not know she did PC!" and by this time they are a customer of mine.

Good evening, EVERYONE! Once again thanks for all your advice and support regarding the "ethics" thing. I am home from the fair. After staying up until 2:30 a.m. getting things ready for my table and worrying about whether or not I should really do it, the other PC consultant was not there! She didn't show up, and the organizer of the fair had no idea why! So all that anxiety for nothing! Typical me! Anyway, the show was quite small but the set up was great and it only cost me $5! I made some contacts, talked to alot of people, had good feedback! I also got some really nice compliments on the way I had set up my table! So good for my self esteem. Also realized that I actually had worked with the other consultant at the school when I subbed in special ed. Plus people that work at the villa where the fair was held told me that the other PC con. doesn't really do any PC shows...just book shows and orders on the phone! So now I know! I am happy that I did it! Thanks to all of you for your info and support! Have a GREAT weekend ALL!

Glad it went well! Hopefully you'll get some business from it!

Congratulations. Sounds like it was a success.

Good for you! I am so glad it worked out! As I said, the only thing differrent about our products is us - sounds like you have a good 'product' :)

Congrats!

What is the purpose of the Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home?

The purpose of the Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home is to provide a platform for local ethical and sustainable vendors to showcase their products and services and to promote a socially responsible and environmentally friendly lifestyle.

Who can participate in the Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home?

We welcome all ethical and sustainable vendors who align with our values and mission to participate in the expo. This includes small businesses, artisans, and individuals who offer products or services that are socially and environmentally responsible.

How can I apply to be a vendor at the Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home?

To apply to be a vendor, please visit our website and fill out the vendor application form. Our team will review your application and notify you of your acceptance.

Is there a fee to participate in the Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home?

Yes, there is a fee to participate in the expo. This fee helps cover the cost of organizing and promoting the event. However, we offer discounted rates for non-profit organizations and first-time vendors.

What safety precautions are being taken at the Ethical Craft & Vendor Expo at Nursing Home?

We take the safety of our vendors and attendees very seriously. In light of the current pandemic, we will be implementing strict safety measures such as mandatory masks, social distancing, and frequent sanitation of common areas. We will also be limiting the number of attendees to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookingchic4u
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
dlwright
  • jbdowd0798
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • raebates